PDA

View Full Version : Should I Get It?

x McGrim x
06-24-2007, 06:14 AM
Hey, I don't play many RPG's but have completed a couple for other systems. I was wondering if you thought that somebody who isn't really into RPG's but is getting into them would enjoy this game. Should I start with something else first? Thanks.

The Pants Party
06-24-2007, 07:43 AM
I'd probably go with Phantasy Star Universe first, it has a "free-action" battle system, aka not turn-based so you just fight to the death. If you're comfortable with turn-based games this one's pretty good though.

Graham31004
06-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I would highly recommend this game if you like RPG's. It is a turn based attack system on a grid map which is unique but very fun and strategic. The storyline is very good and addictive. I'm on the last boss now and I can't wait to find out what happens next. The Achievements are nice because you get all 1000 as you beat the game. I would say this is the second best RPG out for 360 at the moment. Right behind Oblivion and ahead of Phantasy Star Universe. I would buy it considering I am on the last boss and have been playing for more than 37 hours.

x McGrim x
06-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the help guys. This game is online, correct? I was going to get Phantasy Star Universe, but when I found out you had to pay each month, I decided not to.

Drunk3nR4d
06-25-2007, 08:20 AM
the online part of it is kinda not all that great... the single player story is EXACTLY what you will buy this game for... it is a great story and i dont know if i would put it behind phantasy star, but i wouldn't really put one above the other... this game has a unique battle system to it that is easy to catch on 2.

Graham31004
06-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Nah Enchanted Arms is straight Single Player while PSU offers you an Online feature but it's not worth it imo.

killlah631
08-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Phantasy Star SUCKS...lol i couldn't stand that game but I really did like Enchanted Arms...The only feature I never explored was it's live...but the story is interesting and enjoyable..

knockton55
09-03-2007, 06:45 PM
if a game has 37 hours worth of play time, i think i might just go to gamestation :D

UnicornTamer
09-27-2007, 10:14 AM
There is quite a bit of play time in this game and it does have a nice storyline. I would place this one above Phantsy Star Universe. I've got both of them and Enchanted Arms is better by a long shot.

Ceryino63
09-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Enchanted Arms is a fun RPG with a combat system that some may dislike, I for one love it. I was a fan of it back in the days of Shining Force 2 and FFT. My buddy got the game and hated the combat system.
If you've ever played a game like Shining Force 2, and liked the combat in there, then you'll get along just fine with Enchanted Arms.

daewezzy
09-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Well with the other two JRPGs that just came out, Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon, I'd say you should take a look at those two.

Crimson Drifter
10-14-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm about a quarter through EA and I'm loving it. The grid-based turn-based fighting is fun and takes planning and strategy. So far I'm happy with the storyline and characters are unique. Although I can't stand the english voice acting so I switched it to japanese (seems more authentic to me).

Versus PSU I would go with this game, I find PSU boring ( I fell asleep several times playing the game) I finished it and wasn't very satisfied.

Like the above poster stated look into Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata and be sure and keep a look out for upcoming Lost Odyssey which looks incredible.

Slarak
10-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Definitly not somthing a first timer could get into and even though it didn't get the best reviews from all these game sites i thought it was a brilliant game. The cut scenes are INSANE and you'll spend a goo 40+ hours on it if you unlock the extra dungeon.

Not to mention an easy 1000 points just for going through the story line.

brouger
02-19-2008, 12:35 AM
yes (http://card.mygamercard.net/h2o/diamond/Rufus1313.png) you should its an awesome game

http://card.mygamercard.net/h2o/diamond/Rufus1313.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/Rufus1313)

MAXIBHOY
07-24-2008, 09:44 PM
you shud go for it now as its cheap. easy 1000, entertaining.
it aint the best RPG On the 360 but still good.
A good solid 20 - 25 hours it will take you

Welsh Rambo
07-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Imagine Final Fantasy with a grid in the battle system and a guy with a pizza head and you're half way there. I played through this game last year and thought it was great, if you like final fantasy this should tide you over til 13. Also try Lost Odyssey. PSU is ok .. nothing special and can be very repetitive.