PDA

View Full Version : So about save transfers...

Rednacht
03-09-2011, 06:38 AM
If I transferred my endgame save of my character in origins to awakening, and after finishing awakening transferred my character to witch hunt and, after witch hunt I transferred its endgame save of my character to Dragon Age 2...

Would the game know of the choices I made in origins and Awakening or just Witch Hunt?

jedijaxpavan
03-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Just do it and tell everyone what happens.

Eternaltriumph
03-09-2011, 07:50 AM
It knows everything. I did

Origins (With Shale) -> Expansion -> Witch Hunt

my import was from Witch Hunt, but the data that was in Witch Hunt was from main game.

So far it has mentioned a few things I did, such as side with Werewolves, mentioned shale in a way, and a few other things.

Rednacht
03-09-2011, 08:11 AM
It knows everything. I did

Origins (With Shale) -> Expansion -> Witch Hunt

my import was from Witch Hunt, but the data that was in Witch Hunt was from main game.

So far it has mentioned a few things I did, such as side with Werewolves, mentioned shale in a way, and a few other things.
Same here, funny how it doesn't mention the choice you made at the end of witch hunt though :/

Ethereal235
03-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I have a feeling that my choices at the end of 'Awakening' won't mean much. There should be a significant decrease in darkspawn induced violence. Somehow, I'm thinking this won't make it into the game.

david
03-09-2011, 01:34 PM
how do i know whitch save to import when i pick one it says it will replace any missing decisions with defalt history am i still ok to continue

I X I Shock I
03-09-2011, 01:37 PM
I have a feeling when you import one of the DLC's, maybe the last one isn't considered? Since the last save for it (mine being Witch Hunt) is the autosave right before Morrigan. Although, I don't remember anything from Golems popping up either. I'll recheck today, since I need to restart, chick looked good until in the actual game, then she looked terrible XD

littlejay
03-09-2011, 02:12 PM
awakening stuff carries over but that's about it. also, my game said i never beat origins, though i used a complete save to go over to awakening. of my original saves, i saved outside the archdemon's door at the end. at least the game still thinks alister is king which is what i chose. other than that choice, it all carried over

Durdens Wrath
03-09-2011, 03:08 PM
They also have a horrific bug that erases the choices you made in the game, as well as the imported save.

Worhammer
03-09-2011, 04:39 PM
I have a feeling when you import one of the DLC's, maybe the last one isn't considered? Since the last save for it (mine being Witch Hunt) is the autosave right before Morrigan. Although, I don't remember anything from Golems popping up either. I'll recheck today, since I need to restart, chick looked good until in the actual game, then she looked terrible XD
You can change your appearance in The Black Emporium.

Greendisease
03-09-2011, 04:45 PM
I imported from the end of Origins before Awakenings because I never finished awakenings. From what I understand, the only thing that will change is the achievement for beating it twice... You have to remember this game is like 200 years later...

littlejay
03-09-2011, 05:25 PM
it's not 200 years later 0.o it starts the same time as origins and covers 10 years.

silly goose :p