PDA

View Full Version : A Warning To Those Using The Infinite XP Bug -spoilers-

Askeroth
03-09-2011, 03:54 PM
During the quest "Night Terrors", be careful who you bring into the fade. I took Anders, Aveline and Fenris. Aveline turned against me by the desire demon, but I beat her down easily. However, when Fenris turned against me, it was just me and Anders and the dude was a level 50 powerhouse, capable of killing both me and Anders in one damn hit. I still can't beat him. I'm going to have to hope I can paralyze him long enough to whittle his health bar down.

So... watch out about that.

It's a problem because, if you save in there, there are so many autosaves in there that all of your recent autosaves will be in there as well. You'll be stuck, constantly being killed by Fenris. Ouchies.

Okay, now I'm just angry. Tried reconfiguring Anders' tactics, but Fenris is just a killing machine. As I said, one hit and we're both dead. Only auto save left is the one from the beginning of the year, but I did a lot of quests since then... Hope I get lucky and kill him eventually.

And yes, my difficult is on casual. God help those with higher difficulties.

I couldn't kill him... so I just ran away from the bastard. After you kill the pride demon and his other minions, the door unlocks even if Evil Fenris is still alive. So, I just killed them and bolted to the exit. Completed the mission and everything is back to normal.

Dodged a bullet there. Karma apparently doesn't like cheaters. ;)

Nozza XBA
03-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Stop spamming and please use the edit button!

Copy and past your stuff into your first post and delete the others otherwise you're prone to get an infraction.

Read the rules but that's for the help!

Askeroth
03-09-2011, 05:02 PM
Stop spamming and please use the edit button!

Copy and past your stuff into your first post and delete the others otherwise you're prone to get an infraction.

Read the rules but that's for the help!I'm trying to save people a lot of trouble. They could potentially lose hours if they don't know about this and make the same mistake I did. If that's infraction worthy, then I'll gladly take the infraction. Editing my post wasn't going to bring attention to this thread.

Nozza XBA
03-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm trying to save people a lot of trouble. They could potentially lose hours if they don't know about this and make the same mistake I did. If that's infraction worthy, then I'll gladly take the infraction. Editing my post wasn't going to bring attention to this thread.

Yeah it was! You make a thread and it comes up in the forum and is highlighted! There's no need to make a new post each time to do this!

You click on then posts links and it comes up (how I saw it), so making a new post for each new thing is spamming!

Edit -Look I just edited to also say that saving people time is great and the post is appreciated but an edit in the original post will do the same thing!

littlejay
03-09-2011, 05:21 PM
cant you go back a tad and edit tactics for the other characters so when they turn, they will be stupid?

A Shoe In
03-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Isabella is just as bad.. trying to get past this part right now. Basically, just unload every tactic and relieve them of all weapons/accessories and everyone should be fine until the other demons are vanquished.

Geezote
03-10-2011, 01:15 AM
Even without the XP glitch he's still tough to fight against. I made sure before entering that room to unequip his items

JDMBO1
03-10-2011, 01:25 AM
The question is who is the weakest among your group

zzenigmaxzz
03-10-2011, 03:11 AM
just a thought to anyone who may come across this, have a few extra of the respec potions in your inventory and just use one before you have to do this fight.. should make him a pushover if you respec him and dont use any of his points

Tsukasa117
03-10-2011, 04:30 AM
If you have to beat up someone in the Fade are they gone for good?

JDMBO1
03-10-2011, 04:43 AM
nope they'll just have a speech sequence with them talking about how they're sorry they betrayed you, but they won't leave your party

solo07
03-10-2011, 05:12 AM
my adivce would be strip them of every thing and plop that baby down to casual. thanks for the tip for playthrough 2 when i'll be glitchin' it up.

BrutishMuffin
03-10-2011, 08:53 AM
I had to kill Merrill, and she was beastly. Verrik was able to take her down after Isabella and I had already died though.

thePJA
03-10-2011, 09:06 AM
i just beat the game without using that glitch (i just found out about it now lol. if i knew i'd probably have used it.) but is it really that difficult if you all are the same level? was your equipment up to par in that area?

Askeroth
03-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Anders and I were both mages. That obviously made us more brittle.