PDA

View Full Version : Demon Door Achievement Glitch (FIX)

o CYB0RG o
03-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Let me first start by saying this is NOT a quick fix. You are required to have the Traitor's Keep DLC downloaded to obtain this achievement.
I tried a couple different methods and only (1) worked. The first time I tried to get the achievement I had all of the Demon Doors but the last one(Traitorís Keep) open. I had 6/7 before I opened the door and when I opened the Door my count went to 1/7.

The second time I tried I had 5/7 Demon Doors open and opened the Traitorís Keep Demon Door for my 6/7 but it went to 1/7 and when I opened my final Mistpeak Demon Door it went to 2/7.

Here is the fix, which is time consuming, but if you donít want to wait for the patch and want it done here is what you do.
Play the entire game without opening any Demon Doors and make the Traitorís Keep Demon Door the first you open. You can then open any other Demon Door after in no specific order because the glitched Door(Traitor's Keep) went to 1/7 which would be correct anyway.

Let me know if this works for you. This is the only way I know that currently works for people that got it glitched the first try.

I have posted this on a few different forums so if you have seen this, it was probably me.

SpongebobRoundpants
03-09-2011, 09:29 PM
How long does the whole story take? im not playing the whole story again.

Refined Suicide
03-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Well, if you want the story achievement without getting knocked out (unless you got it already) then you pretty much have to play through again. But I will definitely try this out on my next playthrough. Thanks for the theory!

Midnight Malice
03-10-2011, 05:16 AM
I started a new game yesterday and I am already ruler. I traded some weapons to a second profile localy then to my new playthrough and breezed through combat. I would say only doing nessessary quests and getting guild seals to get combat upgrades only, 5-7 hours to get back to ruler, then maybe another hour to get through that section, then an hour or 2 for DLC. So, 10 at most I'd say.

I am going to be trying this tonight, opening DLC door first I will post whether it works or not in both the DLC thread and here.

o CYB0RG o
03-10-2011, 02:21 PM
I started a new game yesterday and I am already ruler. I traded some weapons to a second profile localy then to my new playthrough and breezed through combat. I would say only doing nessessary quests and getting guild seals to get combat upgrades only, 5-7 hours to get back to ruler, then maybe another hour to get through that section, then an hour or 2 for DLC. So, 10 at most I'd say.

I am going to be trying this tonight, opening DLC door first I will post whether it works or not in both the DLC thread and here.

Good Luck!
It really isn't too bad to beat the game quickly. The only thing that sucks is dealing with cut scenes you can't skip.

Jesuit007
03-10-2011, 04:56 PM
My hope is, if they don't just patch a fix for this, is that there will be another DLC with content that's only for pre-finishing the game.

I won't mind playing through again for more DLC achievements, but since I actually opened all the doors and just got screwed out of the gamerscore, I don't mind waiting.

The worst part is I actually liked Traitor's Keep, I thought it was fun. Shame that a glitch sours the fun.

If there is another add-on I'll run another hero up and just do the demon door achievement that way, as I can't imagine it won't be fixed by then.

o CYB0RG o
03-11-2011, 12:31 PM
My hope is, if they don't just patch a fix for this, is that there will be another DLC with content that's only for pre-finishing the game.

I won't mind playing through again for more DLC achievements, but since I actually opened all the doors and just got screwed out of the gamerscore, I don't mind waiting.

The worst part is I actually liked Traitor's Keep, I thought it was fun. Shame that a glitch sours the fun.

If there is another add-on I'll run another hero up and just do the demon door achievement that way, as I can't imagine it won't be fixed by then.

I hear that. Minus the unskippable cutscenes it really was pretty quick to complete the game and get the demon door achievement. I really just didn't want my game sitting around incomplete, and who knows how long it's going to take Lionhead Studio to patch up their *F*UPS.

Anybody have luck with this method yet????

DanTheManGum
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Did this before I saw this method but it was exactly the same to what I did and it worked. Not really a FIX though... just another playthrough which doesnt fix my original gamesave. Took about 6 hours for a full playthrough.

bobbins1984
03-13-2011, 02:07 AM
My partner got the king achievement when he was in someone else game even though he had only just started playing, so can i assume that you can get the demon door one in someone else's game too if you are there when they get it? just like fable 2 did this.

anyone let me know, and for anyone that hasn't got the achievement yet, mine glitched on me so i would like to try this theory out if anyone will let me join their game.

GT is Bobbins1984.

Ok so I was in someone else's game when they opened their last door, the achievement popped for them but not for me, I don't get why you can get some on someone else's game but not others. fable 2 let you do it this way. So now, do I hold on to the game and wait for a patch for the sake of one last achievement, do i just not get it, or do i start the story over and hope it doesn't glitch again??!!
If i trade it back now i can still get an ok price for it....

midnight dawn
03-19-2011, 05:07 PM
This method worked for me. I started a new playthrough and opened the Ravenscar Keep Demon Door first then the rest in any order. The co-op Demon Door in Mistpeak was the last I opened.

igs_iceman
06-23-2011, 03:56 AM
mine glitched before i opened ravenscar door lol. i have to left to open and only at 4/7 fml.

rye007
07-02-2011, 02:23 PM
hey,
yeah I replayed the entire game without opening any of the demon doors and downloaded the dlc....I then opened the door in the dlc first and then carried on to open the other 6 demon doors in the game and the achievement popped...
Cheers

Lord Arkhan
07-07-2011, 06:10 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew if opening the doors in someone elses game works or not. This glitched for my friend and I was going to save them to do with her to see if it worked. If no one knows I will post what I find out but it may be awhile before we get to it.

Toams07
07-07-2011, 08:14 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew if opening the doors in someone elses game works or not. This glitched for my friend and I was going to save them to do with her to see if it worked. If no one knows I will post what I find out but it may be awhile before we get to it.

I think someone posted that doesnt work

slacker322
07-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Took 12 hours from start to finish with this method, but it did work for me. Cheers!

SSwalker
07-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Is sucks, i really don't want to play the game again

BlaZiNaNGeLx
08-14-2011, 04:33 AM
I had my game glitched by a fellow member my save was corrupt and lost all my weapons so i had to start a new game but my Doors said i had 1/7 because in my first play trough i only opened 1 door.

I played through TK DLC opened that demon door first then did the other doors and POP achivie.

Then i tested your theory on my friends tag. he never opened the doors and got the DLC i did that last door first then the rest and POP.

So you could be right on the dot or a coincident it unlocks on CLEAN play through but either way im 1250/1250 and thats all that matters!

Thanks for the reassurance! lol

NonExistent God
04-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Fable III is a very enjoyable game to play but at the same time it is by far the glitchiest game I have ever played, and on top of that Lionhead Studios are painfully bad at releasing fixes and patches for said glitches

mr2000jp
04-24-2013, 09:43 AM
after the update for the game is released , i think this glitch is fixed , but now there is another nasty glitch , i opened the 7 doors and they are all still opened ,but the achievement didnt appear , a friend told me it happened to him too , and he had to start a new game , and play all through the game and open the doors once again to get the achievement