PDA

View Full Version : Thing you miss most from origins

IVIR BLOBBY
03-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Dragon age 2 is a great game but they took alot out i miss a few things as im sure you all do.

i miss being able to interact with my party whilst just walking around, why can't i have a conversation with Anders or Varic ? instead i have to travel more to there hidouts, its just annoying.

i also dont like it that everyone is'nt in one place like the party camp where you can do all the relationship & freindship stuff relativly easily, i know you can get people to move into your house but its just annoying that theres no sort of party camp

i know its a new game and hawke is in a different situation thank the grey warden you played in origins but these two things are better for getting immersed in the game, instead they make me trek alot more just to get more immersed in the game, Why ?

A Shoe In
03-09-2011, 07:32 PM
I miss that I can't deck out my whole party in sweet armor, but we must make sacrifices.

Fishman
03-09-2011, 09:21 PM
I haven't played to much of it yet, but so far the thing bugging me the most is not being able to customize my parties armor. I still really like the game so far.

FSparacino4
03-09-2011, 09:42 PM
I am probably in the minority here, I don't miss anything from Origins, so I guess I will mention what I liked better:

1. My least favorite thing about RPGs was the slow combat, so I am glad they changed it from an auto attack bore-fest to a faster paced game. Call it hack-and slash if you want, but you can't say it isn't more intense.

2. Upgraded Quest Menu - The ability to easily see what quests are completed in each area on the world map is much welcomed! Whenever I marked an active quest in Origins, I still had no idea where to go half the time without re-reading the quest descriptions.

3. Finally a main character with a voice!! Need I say more. Main characters not talking is so 2005.

Velentar
03-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I've played Dragon Age 2 for a bit but the thing I miss most from Origins is Morrigan and Alistair, the new companions don't match the greatness of those two.

Telperionz
03-09-2011, 10:03 PM
I agree with you BLOBBY, not being able to talk to my companions at any time i want is dumb to say the least.

This may seem minor to alot of people but one thing i miss alot is the Haste spell from mages. I just loved being able to run at stupid speeds even out of combat.

FSparacino4
03-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Scratch what I said before, I miss not being able to view my completed quests.

Ethereal235
03-09-2011, 10:23 PM
I miss being able to customize my party's armor. I miss being able to speak to them when I wanted to (although it got annoying when I was trying to pick up loot and would select one of them by accident). I really miss being able to choose from several races and backgrounds, although I understand why they changed that, from the perspective of making it a storytelling experience.

I mostly like the way this game is, though.

Darth Cuda
03-10-2011, 12:02 AM
I agree with you BLOBBY, not being able to talk to my companions at any time i want is dumb to say the least.

This may seem minor to alot of people but one thing i miss alot is the Haste spell from mages. I just loved being able to run at stupid speeds even out of combat.

The haste spell isn't gone, check your skills tree. Atleast it was for me; Playing as a mage.

PlungedxxChops
03-10-2011, 02:02 AM
I think I miss some of the funny things your companions would say randomly/during cutscenes.

Mjkjets
03-10-2011, 02:49 AM
I miss the persuasion( coercion ) skill. :(

bakeryfreshgame
03-10-2011, 03:58 AM
Leliana and Morrigan are about all I miss from the original as they were the hottest ladies in the DA universe. And I guess not being able to use all the sweet gear that I got for rewards and things (like the signature edition stuff) because I'm a rogue and can only use daggers and I can't use my armor on my companions. Loving the new combat though, so much more fluid.

BuzzerBeater911
03-10-2011, 04:13 AM
Haven't gotten too far into the game yet, but from what I've heard and experienced so far, there's only 1 city, and not many areas to explore. I liked the way Origins had you go all across Ferelden.

Fishman
03-10-2011, 05:16 AM
Scratch what I said before, I miss not being able to view my completed quests.

You can still do that....... Start > Journal > RT.

:)

Smiles90
03-10-2011, 08:30 AM
You can still do that....... Start > Journal > RT.

:)

It's a good thing he isn't the one making the guide!!!! Oh wait... Just messin!

mickjsg
03-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Leliana and Morrigan are about all I miss from the original as they were the hottest ladies in the DA universe. And I guess not being able to use all the sweet gear that I got for rewards and things (like the signature edition stuff) because I'm a rogue and can only use daggers and I can't use my armor on my companions. Loving the new combat though, so much more fluid.
Did you get the Ser Isaac armour? It sounds like it's geared towards Rogues with it's dexterity and cunning requirements.
It is heavy armour though, so I could be wrong.

IVIR BLOBBY
03-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Combat is much better love that.

but i feel like it doesnt have much replay value like DAO is, i did a full playthrough with every origin story just to see the minor differnces in Talking & interaction

On my second playthrough i would want to delve deep into convos & lore of DA Universe now i cant do that because i can barely talk to anyone. upsetting

they'vereally singled out the Fans that loved the lore behind DA i mean why cant i talk to someone in my party & they tell me random cool stories ?

also party companion suck :( & theres no tank charachter like Shale (i miss shale)

Only one i like is anders because hes from awakiening

bakeryfreshgame
03-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Did you get the Ser Isaac armour? It sounds like it's geared towards Rogues with it's dexterity and cunning requirements.
It is heavy armour though, so I could be wrong.

I did not, I don't play Dead Space and was about 30 seconds late for the kid who posted the free code. I will end up using at least some of it during my warrior playthrough but it sucks because they only gave the rogue a stupid bow weapon and I have always played dual-weapon rogues.

Menuboy
03-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Something I have found just in my first battle. The Quick Heal function. Why does it now have a cooldown period? I'm running around like an idiot waiting to be allowed to use a potion whilst my party member is in the same situation but has to just die because I can't control two at once. Is this a difficulty thing? I played Origins only on Casual but 2 on Normal.

mickjsg
03-10-2011, 04:22 PM
I did not, I don't play Dead Space and was about 30 seconds late for the kid who posted the free code. I will end up using at least some of it during my warrior playthrough but it sucks because they only gave the rogue a stupid bow weapon and I have always played dual-weapon rogues.
You could always lurk ebay and try try to snap up a bargain - I saw it go for 3 last week, I ended up buying the game though, I hear it's great, but I can't be bothered playing right now.

beebs720
03-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Not real far yet, but so far I love it, and not really missing anything from Origins. And I did love Origins. I did like the variety of Darkspawn in Origins, whereas so far here they look a lot alike.

bawrash
03-10-2011, 07:45 PM
I miss the banter between morrigan and allistar or leliana hitting on morrigan lol, the ability to not walk through people, having a mage that didnt think she was a cheerleader. Level designs that felt natural and not that your being held in one place.

artphobia
03-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Alistair and Morrigan.

Oh gameplay wise? nothing.

Zainy521
03-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Text that can be read on SDTV's.

JohnVIII32
03-10-2011, 11:05 PM
The interaction in camp for sure. Also the cut-sceens between the charaters and DOG... those were funny.

iToastMan
03-10-2011, 11:22 PM
My heroic accomplishment page :(

Dottumnz
03-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Predominately being able to equip my party members with the armor I find; I would venture so far as to say that I HATE this aspect so far, but it's early they might convince me its a good idea, but I doubt it. Its pretty torturous to find all this stuff and not be able to use it, particularly all the signature edition stuff. I also miss being able to talk to my party members. I am hoping this is going to be made up for with plot related character development because getting to know my party was one things I loved most about DAO.

I do love the game so far and I really like the map telling me what quests are located in what region and the more fluid battle system, the battles feel even more intense and even your basic attack is more entertaining with the new system.

HostilePlatypus
03-11-2011, 12:18 AM
I miss fighting Darkspawn; sure you fight them but its like once in a blue moon.

D.A.N.
03-11-2011, 12:22 AM
The main thing is on-screen indicators of where off-screen enemies are. You get attacked from both sides a lot in Dragon Age II and some of the only times my companions have died were because a spawn point or place where enemies literally fall out of the sky was back where a mage or rogue was. Origins had arrows pointing on the end of the screen where enemies were and this helped greatly when you had a lot happening, and DA2 seems to have WAY more happening than Origins and a lot more often, so I don't see why BioWare would remove this.

theres no tank charachter like Shale (i miss shale)

Aveline is a highly effective tank. In fact, I think it's kind of lame that Aveline has an exclusive tree nobody else has, which really makes her tanking abilities far superior to any kind of possibility any other party member can have at tanking.

Yaymez
03-11-2011, 03:29 AM
I miss Shayle and Oghren. I also miss the guys in Wades Emporium as they were frikking awesome.

Surgeon_Sniper
03-11-2011, 05:46 AM
A big "me too" on the companion equipment. Why in the world would they take that out? It's been in since KOTOR 1. Cheap move.

Mjkjets
03-11-2011, 02:34 PM
I really miss the weapon swap option from DA-O. You have to manually change weapons in the inventory screen now. The ability to equip 2 sets of weapons gives you more inventory space as well.

Aidonia
03-11-2011, 03:19 PM
I've played Dragon Age 2 for a bit but the thing I miss most from Origins is Morrigan and Alistair, the new companions don't match the greatness of those two.
This is such a huge thing I've missed as well.
While running around with these two, the banter they would have was great, and at times just hilarious. The comedic aspect of the game has also gone down, which is not something that is necessary, but it's something I thoroughly enjoyed.

TheLastGunslinger
03-11-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm having trouble remember that I can't equip my party members with new gear other than weapons. I really miss the customization.

Treabor21
03-11-2011, 09:27 PM
I really miss the weapon swap option from DA-O. You have to manually change weapons in the inventory screen now. The ability to equip 2 sets of weapons gives you more inventory space as well.

Id say its a tossup between this and the lack of companion equipment customization.

IVIR BLOBBY
03-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Something I have found just in my first battle. The Quick Heal function. Why does it now have a cooldown period? I'm running around like an idiot waiting to be allowed to use a potion whilst my party member is in the same situation but has to just die because I can't control two at once. Is this a difficulty thing? I played Origins only on Casual but 2 on Normal.

Its on all difficulties im afraid

i think they put it in to make you play more tactical & hide back & use more of the avalible items to survive, in origins you could just constantly swap between guys on hard difficulty on boss battles & give your guys health potions.

Annoys me too, too many times i've used up the potions then my guys die while i run around. blooming annoying.

I also hate that all the greater potions & such are gone

ladyvader
03-12-2011, 12:28 AM
The interaction in camp for sure. Also the cut-sceens between the charaters and DOG... those were funny.Once Hawke gets his/her own place dog is there and if you click on him there is interaction with Aveline and Isabella so far. Scandel too. His cracked me up.

I only miss one thing. Party camp where I could level everyone up in one location instead of having them with you to do it.

jmdavis333
03-12-2011, 01:28 AM
Just stated playing today so don't know if I just can't find it but I miss having two weapon sets that I can switch on the fly, its kinda a pain jumping into the menu when your a rogue and get surrounded and need to swap the bow for daggers.

MASS DOMINATION
03-12-2011, 01:59 AM
i think DA2 is 1o times better than origns. but there are a few they took a step back in.

1. when u see an item (ring, weapons, armor, etc), there is no "inspect" button to see if its worth picking up. instead u have to pick it up, check your inventory and then (usually) toss it in the junk folder

2.i hate how 90% of the armor/weapons are only usable with hawke. If im a rouge and i see/pick up a mage outfit or weapon, i want to be able to use it on a mage squadmate. why is it locked to Hawke when i'll never be able to use it?

Menuboy
03-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Its on all difficulties im afraid

i think they put it in to make you play more tactical & hide back & use more of the avalible items to survive, in origins you could just constantly swap between guys on hard difficulty on boss battles & give your guys health potions.

Annoys me too, too many times i've used up the potions then my guys die while i run around. blooming annoying.

I also hate that all the greater potions & such are gone

I'll be honest the problem hasn't been so much of a pain as I thought it might. I didn't realise health regenerated during combat anyway. I do miss the varied environments of DA:O though. At first I was blown away by the size of Kirkwall, it's different areas. In this respect it's very good. When it comes to side quests and exploring caves/houses and what not. They're all EXACTLY the same just in one a side passage might be cut off and in the other it won't. Very much in the same vein as Mass Effect 1 where all the bases on the planets were identical. This has only become apparent to me in the last couple of hours (16 hours in).