PDA

View Full Version : Any news on how much DLC there is going to be?

DFB 1708
03-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Question is in the title, but to say it again:
Is there any news on how much DLC DA2 is going to have?

Why do I ask?
Well DA1 got lots of DLC andyou had to pay a heavy sum if you bought the game and every DLC separately compared to the ultimate edition (which was very cheap).

I personally guessed there was going to be somewhat 8 DLC. And if that is going to happen I know I am going to wait for the ultimate edition :p.

Anyone that can tell me this, saved me and perhaps other people a lot of money ;).

IVIR BLOBBY
03-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Theres gunna be alot, i expect DA2 will also go to 1750 depending on if there is an awakening style expansion.

you'll be waiting a while for the ultimate edition, withch hunt (last dlc for DAO) came out just under a year after the release of DAO, so the ultimate edition for DA2 will probobly be a year away

you cant wait a year to play this game, its great, they've really left the real dragon age fans out in the water though as you cant just interact with your party whenever you choose & just sit there going through lots of diolouge just for the lore & you cant kit our your guys in mint armour, but the more fluid combat & the fact *@;0& returned from DAO awakening means im a happy man :)

DFB 1708
03-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Theres gunna be alot, i expect DA2 will also go to 1750 depending on if there is an awakening style expansion.

you'll be waiting a while for the ultimate edition, withch hunt (last dlc for DAO) came out just under a year after the release of DAO, so the ultimate edition for DA2 will probobly be a year away

you cant wait a year to play this game, its great, they've really left the real dragon age fans out in the water though as you cant just interact with your party whenever you choose & just sit there going through lots of diolouge just for the lore & you cant kit our your guys in mint armour, but the more fluid combat & the fact *@;0& returned from DAO awakening means im a happy man :)

Thanks for the reply.
A friend of mine is without doubt going to buy this game, I'll just borrow his for a time, besides I got the 1st Ultimate Editon about a week ago and finished it today :D.
On top of that I try to be a cheap, but it never really works xD.

The Cripplers
03-10-2011, 12:28 AM
I hope the DCL is more ME than DA:O. I would rather it expand the main game than just be little mini games.

mickjsg
03-10-2011, 12:37 AM
I hope the DCL is more ME than DA:O. I would rather it expand the main game than just be little mini games.
Neither Mass Effect game has DLC that extended the story all that much. Lair of The Shadow Broker is the best of the lot, but the rest didn't have very much of an impact.

DFB 1708
03-10-2011, 01:04 AM
The only great DLC in DA:O was Awakening, but you can't truly call that a DLC anymore.
Return to Ostagar was indeed a lame minigame

There is a very minor spoiler here for DA:O

Witch Hunt does really end the game if you go with Morrigan.
Golems of Amgarrak just leaves more questions and possible monsters in DA2.

Haven't played ME a lot, so can't tell. But DLC that continues on the actual story is great!

twhiting9275
03-10-2011, 01:59 AM
Nobody knows how much DLC there will be. Why? Well, duuh, the game JUST got released. No doubt, devs are deep in EA/Bioware bunkers loading up on caffeine and fattening foods to punch away at the holes in the system.

I agree, Awakening was about the only DLC worth having for Origins. The rest were just bad. Leliana's story wasn't awful, but still, they needed to continue the story more.

sh0ckwave
03-10-2011, 04:30 AM
I hope there is as much dlc as there was for DA:O. I liked all the previous dlc.

DFB 1708
03-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Nobody knows how much DLC there will be. Why? Well, duuh, the game JUST got released. No doubt, devs are deep in EA/Bioware bunkers loading up on caffeine and fattening foods to punch away at the holes in the system.

I agree, Awakening was about the only DLC worth having for Origins. The rest were just bad. Leliana's story wasn't awful, but still, they needed to continue the story more.

It sometimes happens that they announce DLC the day the game got released. Look at the current DLC, exiled prince or something, it got released in, I believe, 3 days after the game got released. Since they do stuff like that I guess there's a lot coming and that they will probably announce it.