PDA

View Full Version : lockpicking skill

j0ab777
03-10-2011, 12:20 AM
If I remember correctly, in the first game it was cunning that ruled over lockpicking, and had something to do w deft hands. How do I increase it here. I have Garrick and he's good w some but I'd like to get it up. I didn't notice anything in his skill tree.

scrummers
03-10-2011, 12:24 AM
In this game cunning upgrades lockpicking skill. There is no ability as in the first game.

Darth Cuda
03-10-2011, 12:38 AM
In this game cunning upgrades lockpicking skill. There is no ability as in the first game.

That.

It upgrades
at 10, 20, 30 and 40 if I remember right. Check your manual its listed in there.

FSparacino4
03-10-2011, 12:58 AM
If I remember correctly, in the first game it was cunning that ruled over lockpicking, and had something to do w deft hands. How do I increase it here. I have Garrick and he's good w some but I'd like to get it up. I didn't notice anything in his skill tree.

Do you mean Varric??

scrummers
03-10-2011, 01:10 AM
That.

It upgrades
at 10, 20, 30 and 40 if I remember right. Check your manual its listed in there.

Yeah it's says in the descriptions every 10 levels.

Tsukasa117
03-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Yes at 40 you can unlock the highest chest which is listed as Complex i do believe. I tend to always have one of the rogues in the groups so unless you 'really' want to do it yourself I'd say just leave it to one of them. One thing that still irritates me about the cunning in rouges is even though they can warn you about traps it always seems that they wait for you to walk into them before they actually warn you about them :rolleyes:

twhiting9275
03-10-2011, 01:57 AM
note to self:
RTFM

note to devs:
I don't WANT to read the manual to figure out a simple skill

Not really the best approach to the whole thing, I was kind of wondering why a rogue wasn't able to pick a damn lock, but now I know. Silly devs thinking people would read manuals before playing games. We're gamers, not bookworms!

j0ab777
03-10-2011, 03:10 AM
Yeah, I meant varric. Its my Droid x, it always knows what I'm trying to say, lol. Thanks. I do and don't like this. Obviously I'd like the choice myself to put points into a skill but on the same token, I hate choosing lockpicking over something battle related. Also, I may b wrong but is this game missing the ability to b a smooth talker as a skill? I do the ability to bring others into it. Honestly, i think that a few ideas are being tested for mass effect 3. The pressure for that game is rediculous, especially given how average the review scores have been for the blockbusters released thus far for the two systems.

Darth Cuda
03-10-2011, 07:42 AM
note to self:
RTFM

note to devs:
I don't WANT to read the manual to figure out a simple skill

Not really the best approach to the whole thing, I was kind of wondering why a rogue wasn't able to pick a damn lock, but now I know. Silly devs thinking people would read manuals before playing games. We're gamers, not bookworms!

The manual has a lot of good info. It is always a good idea to read through it.

I hate this skill making rogues very unusable if you want a "lock pick". They need con, dex, and some strength aswell. Again they dropped the ball on this game.

DENAz666
03-10-2011, 07:44 AM
lol you don't need to read the manual, just best to do it before posting on the forums :P lolz