PDA

View Full Version : Cunning Question

BloodGodAlucard
03-10-2011, 02:30 AM
I was just curious if you need to upgrade your Cunning in this game like you did in Origins in order to pass Persuasion checks? Is that even still in the game? I hadn't heard if skills made a return or not i.e. Coercion. Thanks to anyone that can answer this.

Also, if you do need to upgrade it, what is the required level to do high level Persuasion checks in DA2? I think in Origins it was about 30 or 35 to unlock Master Coercion and be set for most of the game.

If it turns out this is no longer an issue in the game and there are no longer Persuasion/Coercion checks in the game, is there any need at all on a Warrior or Mage to even upgrade Cunning? I know it upgrades your defense a little.

Shiftie
03-10-2011, 02:44 AM
No more persuasion.Cunning is mainly for rogues for both lockpicking/trap disarming and critical damage bonus (sinve a lot of their skills/damage revolve around crits). For mages and warriors it is for defense and critical damage.

BloodGodAlucard
03-10-2011, 02:57 AM
Thanks man, you just saved me a lot of frustration. In Origins I would always invest a lot of points early on in Cunning to pass persuasion checks. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that now. Thanks again. :drunk