PDA

View Full Version : Death Strike achievement help

Joker0fLife
03-10-2011, 05:55 AM
I'm in The Shallows currently, and I'm trying to go for this achievement since it's one of last ones I'm going to try. I've tried using the invisibility spell (doesn't help that you still get noticed while being invisible....)while trying to perform a Death Strike on Varns but the icon to initiate it won't pop up. Does anyone have any tips for making this easy?

chrislocalboy
03-14-2011, 07:52 AM
I managed to get this without to much trouble, however I did notice that for some reason the icon would just not appear on certain Varns, if they were sat down it wouldn't come up at all but there were times when I was stood right behind a standing enemy and it wouldn't come up.... very weird.

Have you managed to kill anything at all this way?

daviduk2000
03-16-2011, 05:02 AM
it ONLY works on varns and humans.
it ONLY works if they are STANDING perfectly still.
they must also not be on patrol if they patrol they may stand still at areas for a bit before moving on, it wont work on them.

if they chase you i can confirm loosing them until they run back Does still let you assasinate them.

and for me invisibility worked fine except the human enemies later on the new ashos island they would chase me but not attack me until i became visible.

the western coast of the savanah island is the best place for me i think i got maybe 15 of my assasinations there. (western coast below whole hatmandoor region)

Extra Saucy
03-23-2011, 06:07 PM
it ONLY works on varns and humans.
it ONLY works if they are STANDING perfectly still.
they must also not be on patrol if they patrol they may stand still at areas for a bit before moving on, it wont work on them.

if they chase you i can confirm loosing them until they run back Does still let you assasinate them.

and for me invisibility worked fine except the human enemies later on the new ashos island they would chase me but not attack me until i became visible.

the western coast of the savanah island is the best place for me i think i got maybe 15 of my assasinations there. (western coast below whole hatmandoor region)

I am running through the savannahh plains and while I see lots of varn camps, they all seem to moving or sitting down. My sneak and death strike are decently leveled.

Extra Saucy
03-24-2011, 05:48 PM
As mentioned elsewhere on the forums, a super easy way to do this is in the town of Chezznadar. You can assassinate villagers that appear to be peeing in corners or on fences without alarming guards at all. In Chezznadar, go to the hooks section and look for a guy with a hat on who walks a path along the back fence to the far right corner. He will stop in one of two spots on his trip in which you can kill him. walk back to the dice game area and check the walls behind them as people spawn and pee here as well. If not walk back to the hooks area and that same guy should regenerate who walks the same path. I got him as much as 10 times before teleporting away and coming back to finish it off. Hope that helps for anyone who didn't get this during the prologue.

Hells Shaggy
04-15-2011, 02:43 PM
I for some reason can't get the icon to appear either. I sneak up to enemies that are standing still. Yet no icon. It's weird that I can't seem to do this ....

JONBLEACH
04-17-2011, 04:04 AM
crouch mode needs to be in effect to get the icon to appear aswell as a dagger equipted

Grimfel
04-23-2011, 09:20 AM
I found there are certain weapons that I took to be daggers or knives that do not work for the assassination. I have no idea why... but they would not let me do it. So your best bet is to have a weapon slotted that has dagger in the title. Attack value doesn't matter since it's a one hit kill anyways.