PDA

View Full Version : Kinect becomes fastest selling consumer electronics device

Burnout x360a
03-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Xbox Kinect, Microsoft’s motion controller, has been crowned the fastest selling consumer electronics device ever by Guinness World Records. The add-on sold a massive 133,000 units daily during its first 60 days on sale.

That figure falls just shy of the 8 million Kinects Microsoft said it had sold by the first week of January 2011. The hands-free controller system appears to have outstripped Sony’s PlayStation Move completely, while also outdoing both the iPad and iPhone in terms of early sales.

http://www.t3.com/news/xbox-kinect-fastest-selling-consumer-electronics-device-ever?=54247

BaZoOkaPoOka
03-13-2011, 06:51 PM
how did kinect sell so much ?!?!? i only know one person who has it and i hardly heard anything about it lol weirddddddd

Toastngravy
03-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Because people you know represents the rest of society.
Giggle.

Anyway, wasn't entirely surprising really. I only have one because it was a gift. Wasn't planning on spending my own money on it, but I'm glad I did receive one though. Bundles of fun.

Lil Miss Nikki
03-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Doesn't surprise me to be honest :) there was alot of hype about it months before the release and with it also being released so close to the holiday season many would have more than likely made it a main Christmas Present :) got to agree though it is alot of fun and in the end I do feel well worth the money :)

patricky90
03-16-2011, 10:55 PM
we need more AA++ games for the kinect, please??

Sharkie994
03-22-2011, 12:13 AM
That kind of surprises me as when I first heard about Project Natal I was so excited and couldn't wait for Kinect to come out and when I got one I thought everyone would want to play but nobody I know seems to know what it is or even heard of it!

One friend actually thought I was inviting them for a game of Connect 4!

Dz06lt
03-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Sadly this is not a "device" its a peripheral.....

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-24-2011, 06:07 PM
In My Humble Opinion..
Its about time something like Kinect came out because Wii is crap...
All you have to do is sit on a settee and wiggle your arms around to get cheevo's