PDA

View Full Version : Banners, and More Updates

DaKing240
03-31-2006, 06:53 PM
I think that we should redo the pages that have the achievements on them. I think every page should have a unique banner for the game, and also should have a direct link into the correct forum.

When I look at the games now, the achievements look clustered (some of the games, like Blazing Angels).

I also think we should try and make a brand new section about the content featured on Xbox Live Marketplace. Like, we could try and have every Gamerpic to preview here before people purchase them. I wouldn't mind helping collect them.

thieflordgamer
04-01-2006, 02:02 AM
i like that last idea. i hate t-mobile kinda cuz u don't know exactly what ur dling when u dl stuff like ringtones, cuz u cant preview it. same with gamerpics, i just dont buy them.

Chimaera
04-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I think that we should redo the pages that have the achievements on them. I think every page should have a unique banner for the game, and also should have a direct link into the correct forum.

When I look at the games now, the achievements look clustered (some of the games, like Blazing Angels).

I also think we should try and make a brand new section about the content featured on Xbox Live Marketplace. Like, we could try and have every Gamerpic to preview here before people purchase them. I wouldn't mind helping collect them.

I like the idea of a special banner for each game. Maybe you can;t contact the people from xbox.com and ask them if we are allowed to use their game banners for this site. Maybe they are willing to help out, at least it's worth a shot.
It then will become more like the x360a.com site, with a banner that directs to the rigt forum.

RoutineX
04-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I got a mail from our current webhost where he said that the system we used now (Joomla) for all the acheivement took 25% CPU usage of a dual xenon 2.4ghz, and we had to do something about it or move to a dedicated server, which will require much more money a month.

The best thing would be to redo the main pages to avoid this, because if we moved to another server it would take up too much CPU load and cause the site to not load correctly all the time (like it unfortunately does sometimes now)

The main problem is that I'm not a web designer, nor photoshop guru, I'm only familiar with computer programming, so if anyone has experience on that field and would like to help out rebrand our site, it would be highly appreciated. It shouldn't be so difficult since all the achievement lists is already done, and its static pages.

Chimaera
04-01-2006, 06:41 PM
making a site design that functions properly is gonna be a major problem.
I found a guy who has some interesting 360-themed templates, that he selling

have a lok at this:
http://www.namepros.com/web-designs-for-sale/167292-awesome-affordable-xbox-xbox360-website-template.html

there are two nice themed, xbox templates, and he's willing to change them to the needs.
I'm sure everyone here is willing to donate a few extra bucks so you can keep the site alive.
Hence, if we all donate $1-5, you should be able to purchase that skin in no-time

porker con
04-01-2006, 06:57 PM
yah thats a good idea

Chimaera
04-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Routinex,

I got the .psd of this one:
http://freeprotemplates.com/template_preview/86.gif

I'll try to edit it so it fit's this site.
After that you can decied if you wanna use it

TechIsCool
04-01-2006, 10:20 PM
i like that its awsome now if we can incorperate it into the site that would be awsome

RoutineX
04-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Yeah, thats sweet man :D

Chimaera
04-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Had some free time, so I was able to do a lot of editing to one of those templates made by freeprotemplates

Let me know what you guys think of it, remebrs just design, no gamercards etc.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4979/57kopie6tl.jpg (http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2509/57kopie1lr.jpg)

KillarPenguin
04-01-2006, 10:58 PM
I like it.:bow:

Chimaera
04-02-2006, 01:41 PM
I also was thinking about the banners.
As for now I finished banners for all retail games, so the others ones should be doen real quick

RoutineX, if you're interestes in these banners, sne dme your msn thorugh a personal message.
Than I can send you all the banners, and maybe even talk about that site deisgn

Here's little some something of the banners
All custom made, so don't worry about copyright etc.
Just used screenshots that are available on all sites, or part of the games cover

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6475/banneroverviewkopie7yq.jpg

BTW: notice my start button, and tool bar ;)

DaKing240
04-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Very cool. I will do my part to help out if possible.

Chimaera
04-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Very cool. I will do my part to help out if possible.

Thanx for the offer, but I just finished the last one
I'll keep you in mind, for future ones

TechIsCool
04-03-2006, 01:46 PM
???? in The design we need to let members login at the front page???
but that is relly awsome if we can get it to work with the server :)

Chimaera
04-03-2006, 02:00 PM
???? in The design we need to let members login at the front page???
but that is relly awsome if we can get it to work with the server :)

If we can manage to get it working it would be cool, although I think it's too hard. I can still fill up the space in the deisgn