PDA

View Full Version : Faster XP

NJAM14Titleist
03-10-2011, 11:50 AM
If you go into the game options, change the Road to the Masters AI Scoring to Insane. You can get at least 2,200 XP just for winning.

xRaW CaRNage x
03-20-2011, 09:51 PM
If you go into the game options, change the Road to the Masters AI Scoring to Insane. You can get at least 2,200 XP just for winning.
Nice find.

NJAM14Titleist
03-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Nice find.

No problem. It was nice to find a challenge and to earn more than 750 XP in a round.

xRaW CaRNage x
03-21-2011, 08:48 AM
No problem. It was nice to find a challenge and to earn more than 750 XP in a round.
Definitly! I just downloaded the demo. I like what I see so far. Don't know about the caddie yet, not sure if ill like it.

NJAM14Titleist
03-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Definitly! I just downloaded the demo. I like what I see so far. Don't know about the caddie yet, not sure if ill like it.

Yeah I hope they make the caddies better for the full game.

NJAM14Titleist
03-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Maybe there will a repeat easy XP challenge like last year's final Tiger Challenge.

ajennice
03-28-2011, 04:24 AM
Full game caddie SUX!!! I've missed more makable putts with his "line".

I'll be about 4 ft away line it up, hit the putt perview and it will be dead center. Hit a good strok and miss it on either side and still be 5 ft away.

The only good the caddie is for is giving you a release line from the ball on impact onthe green. I'll see which way the ball releases and do my own shot.

Ironically today he lined me up on a par 3 for an ace ( cheive). other than that he's off every time (even when a course is mastered)

When you do get the full game be prepped to shell out some MS pts. There are 3-4 courses you need to buy (I know Doral and predator).

NJAM14Titleist
03-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Full game caddie SUX!!! I've missed more makable putts with his "line".

I'll be about 4 ft away line it up, hit the putt perview and it will be dead center. Hit a good strok and miss it on either side and still be 5 ft away.

The only good the caddie is for is giving you a release line from the ball on impact onthe green. I'll see which way the ball releases and do my own shot.

Ironically today he lined me up on a par 3 for an ace ( cheive). other than that he's off every time (even when a course is mastered)

When you do get the full game be prepped to shell out some MS pts. There are 3-4 courses you need to buy (I know Doral and predator).

I'm glad I have some MS Points saved up then. This time tomorrow I can see how I like the game. Better luck with the caddies.

NJAM14Titleist
04-02-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm pretty sure changing the AI scoring also works in the full game.

xRaW CaRNage x
04-02-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm pretty sure changing the AI scoring also works in the full game.
Ill have to check that out when I get on later. But yeah so far the caddie does suck. Putting lines are sh*t.

Stewie Griffin2
04-02-2011, 07:51 PM
I hated the caddie at first, but now I'm beginning to realize just how valuable he is. He accounts for everything when setting up a shot (lie, slope, wind, elevation etc) and makes it a lot easier when you're playing a round with 15-20 MPH winds.

Sure, I wish he'd quit telling me to hit a 7 iron at 75% when my 9 iron hit at 100% is the same shot, or lining up approach shots that pass the pin by a foot when aiming a foot the the left or right would go in the cup, but I'd rather have the option to use him than not.

He gets better with reads once you start leveling him up, which I really didn't notice at first until I played a DLC course for the first time and his lines were terrible. The bronze challenges can usually be done in the first 9 holes, and I had them all done after the training and challenge sessions for a tournament a couple of times and was working on silver the first time I played a full round on the course.

As far as setting the difficulty to insane, this may not be the best option for everyone. The scores for the field seem to drop by about 10 strokes over 18 holes, and that can be a tough nut to crack for newer players. Just make sure you equip a glove asap, I'm pretty sure I had a +4% XP glove available before I even played a single round.

NJAM14Titleist
04-04-2011, 09:36 PM
I had a 6% glove the first day. They help a lot when trying to get skills up.

AllWorkNoPlay11
04-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Hell yeah i'm gonna change this right now.

NJAM14Titleist
04-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Hopefully you get your skills up faster.

NJAM14Titleist
04-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Ill have to check that out when I get on later.

I just confirmed that it does work in the full game. It does me no good though because my stats are maxed out.

L0 MANE
04-11-2011, 04:12 PM
With the exception of the putting I have had nothing but rave reviews for the caddie. His lines he chooses for most shots are excellent and club selection while he might be telling me to use the 7 iron at 75% where the 9 iron at 100% would work I like to get the lower power shots so when I have to do the lower power shots I have more experience with them.

TGRico72
04-11-2011, 05:24 PM
The Caddie is ok. For putting he is mediocre but for regular shots he usually gives you a pretty good shot or helps you line one up. He does not account for wind though (at least he hasn't for me).

Stewie Griffin2
04-11-2011, 05:45 PM
The Caddie is ok. For putting he is mediocre but for regular shots he usually gives you a pretty good shot or helps you line one up. He does not account for wind though (at least he hasn't for me).

He absolutely accounts for wind. Play a round with gail force winds and you'll see that his shots hit right where he's telling you they will if you hit the correct percentage and you're not shanking your shots.

xbfrittsox360
04-11-2011, 07:16 PM
He absolutely accounts for wind. Play a round with gail force winds and you'll see that his shots hit right where he's telling you they will if you hit the correct percentage and you're not shanking your shots.

Yea you're definitely right about that. I abuse the caddy when the conditions are bad. Putting is just generally tough; he'll get me close but it's up to me to get the right speed to actually drain it. The putting is more realistic this way I think, since I'm not draining 20 foot putts routinely like in past games. He's also really helpful for putting when it's raining.

Plus I find it funny how bad the selection of AI scoring is: extremely low, very low, low, normal insane (or something very similar). I played one round where people were scoring -1 to +3 on normal (in the Nationwide Tour) which was too easy for me. So I put it on insane and they were like -14! They need something in between. I'll play on insane once I get maxed but right now it is definitely "insane".

NJAM14Titleist
04-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Yea you're definitely right about that. I abuse the caddy when the conditions are bad. Putting is just generally tough; he'll get me close but it's up to me to get the right speed to actually drain it. The putting is more realistic this way I think, since I'm not draining 20 foot putts routinely like in past games. He's also really helpful for putting when it's raining.

Plus I find it funny how bad the selection of AI scoring is: extremely low, very low, low, normal insane (or something very similar). I played one round where people were scoring -1 to +3 on normal (in the Nationwide Tour) which was too easy for me. So I put it on insane and they were like -14! They need something in between. I'll play on insane once I get maxed but right now it is definitely "insane".

As the game states "Insane is only for the best video game golfers in the world."
They at least gave us a way to have challenging scores.

Philip1979
04-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Since i've got the Prototype items my XP has just been building up; near 600k at the mo! Pity i can't give it away to people!

NJAM14Titleist
04-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Since i've got the Prototype items my XP has just been building up; near 600k at the mo! Pity i can't give it away to people!

I know. I wish you could give it away. I have so much going to waste.

NJAM14Titleist
04-24-2011, 12:29 AM

I have enough to max out my stats again. Do you think that another gamertag on my hard drive could use the XP for their golfer.