PDA

View Full Version : How to achieve 3 million in one stage?

Chiaroscuro
03-10-2011, 03:00 PM
You got 1 million points for finishing all the floors in a stage, plus another million with you get 100% burn. The third point category is the time bonus, where you get points for remaining time.

Currentely I save around 50% of the time in the stages, and I am getting 500.000 bonus points for it. So I assume that to get 1 million you have to save all the available time! So how to complete a level in zero time? What I am missing here?

SlyPooBiscuit
03-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Probably have to beat the world on the 2nd turn and you'll get 1m for the entire unused 3rd one?

Chiaroscuro
03-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Probably have to beat the world on the 2nd turn and you'll get 1m for the entire unused 3rd one?

Nope, I beat the stage in the 1st turn, using only one flame, and I did not get any bonus. Unless you have to burn 100% AND save a flame. I will try it.

Chiaroscuro
03-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Got it. Yes, that was it. You have to use only 2 or less flames to beat the stage, and you have to burn 100% of it. Then you will get 1 million bonus points for the time of the flame you did not use.

SlyPooBiscuit
03-10-2011, 09:36 PM
What process did you use to beat it on the 2nd piece? Did you bypass everything on the first few levels with the first flame and then burn everything in advance so the 2nd flame has fewer things to burn when it catches up?

Chiaroscuro
03-11-2011, 01:49 PM
What process did you use to beat it on the 2nd piece? Did you bypass everything on the first few levels with the first flame and then burn everything in advance so the 2nd flame has fewer things to burn when it catches up?

Finished the game. All levels with 3 million plus. Stages 2 and 4 are the hardest ones (2 for being the longest, 4 for the difficult).

The strategy I used was the following:

- The first flame is the weakest, but also charges the fastest, so use it as much as possible, flaming everything you can with it within the time limit to reach the last level. You may reach the final level with some time to spare, does not matter, spend it there.

- You may also pick some of the lizards of the first stages using this flame (you need to do that in stage 2 which is longer, you may only catch them with the second flame in stage 4) to save time for the second flame. Stop picking the lizards when it gets to hard to get them with the first flame (around level 5-6). Just remember where you left the lizard and continue from there with the second flame.

- Also flames all the bats as soon as you enter the stage with the first flame, so they will not bother the second flame. Flame them as close to the botton as possible, because the flame takes a long time to get down after the burn.

- Always think ahead to look what you need to burn in order to make a better path for the second flame. In the first levels, both flames will stay close, so you have to coordinate their work. In later levels the second flame may be a little behind, so when it enter the level the first flame should already made its work.

- Also make use of the special air tricks with your first flame in order to burn large ammounts of rope at once or to burn wood (which normally the first flame cannot burn). Just stay in the path of a hot air source near the wood. It will blown you down, but the flames will igninate the near object.

- The second run should be the clean-up run, just burning whatever left from the first flame (usually only the wooden objects). This flames takes longer to burn and even longer to recharge, so it will be a little behind the first flame in the levels.

- Do not make mistakes. Usually 1 to 3 wrong burns in the stage is still enough to reach the final level with the second flame, but if you made more than 4 you may consider to re-start. Errors with the first flame are more forgiving, however (but may mess with the second flame path).

Hoffer
03-26-2011, 12:11 PM
I had been scratching my head trying to figure out how to get 3 million. Beating the game with the first 2 flames was all I needed to know. I've done the first and forth levels. Two more levels and I'll have the 3 million achievement. Just need to burn 100 bats and I'll have all the cheevos. :)