PDA

View Full Version : Would This Work?

Lavindathar
03-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Ok, I got the 1000g on Fable 3, and traded it in. Anyway, lovefilm are sending it me back soon so that I can start and finish the TK DLC.

Because of all the glitches, I've heard if yours glitches you need to start a whole new character in the original game, and replay the entire game. True?

Anyway, if before I start the DLC, I make a USB save of my game and store it away.

I then play the DLC on my HDD save, and if it glitches -

Delete my save game data, clear cache and DLC, redownload etc.

Then, transfer my untouched USB save to the HDD, load it up and then start the DLC.

Would this mean that my counters will be as they were as if its the first time I've ever played the DLC? I just really dont want to redo all of Fable.

Ragnarok1986
03-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Yeah can't see why not and good thinking ;)

o D M C o
03-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Does this mean if you load a hdd save, you can then save the same character onto a usb device on the in game save screen? I tried transfering my fable save to usb so that i could copy it on my laptop but my laptop just said the usb was empty.

Mutlucus
03-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Lavindathar, I was wondering the same thing. Have you tried it and can you confirm that this method works? In theory it should, but you never know. ;)

Knivesz
04-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Your xbox won't let you copy your save data on a USB.

Wolfzz213
04-01-2011, 03:02 AM
I had to create 3 heroes before mine could work :(

Lavindathar
04-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Well, I got the 1250g, but unfortunately this idea does not work.

I tried moving my saved game over to the USB, but this is one of those save files that is locked to the console and can never be moved.

Thankfully I finished the DLC with no glitches!

piwo4me
04-06-2011, 03:53 AM
You can move your save over to a usb drive. Can't copy but you can move. From there you can make a back up image of your usb drive to your computer giving you a saved copy of your fable 3 play thru on your computer. Put the usb back in your xbox move the save back to your hard drive and play away all the while having a save on your computer you can restore if you want. Worse comes to worse you could restore the image back to your usb drive then move the original fable 3 save back to your xbox hard drive.

There was a post on the main Fable 3 forum about making a usb image of your fable 3 save a while back, do a search and you should find it.

dakisbac
04-06-2011, 06:26 AM
You can move your save over to a usb drive. Can't copy but you can move. From there you can make a back up image of your usb drive to your computer giving you a saved copy of your fable 3 play thru on your computer. Put the usb back in your xbox move the save back to your hard drive and play away all the while having a save on your computer you can restore if you want. Worse comes to worse you could restore the image back to your usb drive then move the original fable 3 save back to your xbox hard drive.

There was a post on the main Fable 3 forum about making a usb image of your fable 3 save a while back, do a search and you should find it.

For those interested, it's here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=288136). This thread is another good use for it, but I think the main attraction is the weapons/clothing.

Lavindathar
04-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Ahh, didn't think of that. Well, its worth doing for people worried about the glitch.

Thankfully I got through unscathed.