PDA

View Full Version : Just after the expedition ... SPOILERS

AoA Requiem
03-10-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm just wondering if there's any way to keep Bethany alive? If you say that you don't need her to come with you just before leaving, will she stay in town and be available again later or something?

She was probably my favorite character up until now.. dammit.:uzi:

HSWalton88
03-10-2011, 06:19 PM
If you leave her behind for the expedition, the Templars come seize her upon your return and then you still can't use her in your party. Quite the disappointment

WarNev3rChanges
03-10-2011, 06:32 PM
bummer. i really didn't want to read on any spoilers or even how to get certain achievements until i played through once without worrying about it, but this really bothered me.

i'm with you requiem. i was halfway down the first hallway still arguing with myself (and the mother) about how i needed her on that expedition.

haven't cared that much about losing a character since final fantasy 7...

AoA Requiem
03-10-2011, 08:00 PM
If you leave her behind for the expedition, the Templars come seize her upon your return and then you still can't use her in your party. Quite the disappointment

Lame!

I've had to replace her with Anders and he keeps hitting on me .. and my character is male.. great.

artphobia
03-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Do the templars seizeCarver as well if you leave him behind? Well hmm actually I guess I'll find out becasue he is in my party this time for playign as a mage.

AoA Requiem
03-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Hmm.. didn't even know Carver was around for some people. lol

xxxformulaxxx
03-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Hmm.. didn't even know Carver was around for some people. lol

depends on who you choose in the beginning.

if you're a fighter (rouge, or warrior) bethany lives as your mage.

if you're a mage, carver lives as your fighter.

if you leave bethany behind, she's forced into the circle, if you leave carver behind he's off to be a templar.

either way you lose them.

NOW

if you bring them with you, AND BRING ANDERS, they will survive and become a gray warden :)

either way, after you kill the rock wraith (or before you leave to the deep roads if you're leaving them behind) you'll want to take all of their equipment.

royally pissed as bethany had all the best equipment and she was my healer, i even equipped some of the very good loot i got from the chest about 2 seconds before she died.

JohnVIII32
03-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Owch! But thanks for the heads up... guess I'll leave her behind after stripping the good stuff back off.

TheDeceiver35
03-10-2011, 11:39 PM
If you take Anders with you to the deeproads along with Bethany, he can save her by making her a Warden. Sadly she still leaves the party.

MASS DOMINATION
03-10-2011, 11:45 PM
will this affect the friendship achievement? She is the only character that has 100% friendship. If she dies/leaves will she still count towards the 4 friends i need? or will i need to make an extra friend?