PDA

View Full Version : Font size too small

madhatter1
03-10-2011, 07:30 PM
I bought it yesterday. Found myself squinting to read everything. Anybody else find the letters to be on the small side? I have a 52" LCD and have never had this problem with a 360 game before.

Wardancer
03-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Yeah, same here. Seems to be a common problem for RPGs ported from PC.

Russman
03-11-2011, 12:01 AM
I haven't really seen that much of a problem, but I only sit like 5-6 ft away from the tv. Runic posted a reply to someones twitter about it and said they couldn't fix it.

"Yeah - sorry trying to lighten the mood, couldn't fix that portion (long story)."

francisrossi
03-11-2011, 12:05 AM
At least they didn't try claiming it was a "design choice", a la BioWare. Yeah, make it so people can't read the text. Great choice...

Le Vampyr
03-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Can't say i've had any problems reading anything on my hdtv.

Seems like devs expect everyone to have HD these days, so they're just like "yeah, small text looks cool and slick. Let's use it, because of course everyone should be HD by now!"

rmunoz64
03-11-2011, 06:10 AM
I know what you mean. My eye always hurt just because of me trying to read the small text :mad:

Andreas_loel
03-11-2011, 01:29 PM
I can see perfectly fine on my 32" hdtv

Try Sacred 2 with a SD tv and come back :P

DarkCrown
03-11-2011, 01:52 PM
It depend how much text it have , I'm sitting from 8 feet on a 42' and It's true it's a bit small , but not that bad . At least all the text are written , not like in some game you lost some text because there's too much data to be display in the box.

UnarmedReaper07
03-12-2011, 12:08 AM
The small text can be a pain to read on a regular sized television. Dead Rising was the same way and I could never finish it 100%, because of that.

Hellspawn Death
06-15-2011, 04:03 AM
good thing for good eye-sight and an on and off narrator:locked

Arduous Wolf
07-07-2011, 07:34 PM
You young'uns and your good eye-sight be damned! :D

The writing is way too small. I've played on a 36" and a 42" HDTV and I still have to squint and move closer to the TV to read the text. It's not only this game though, It seems to me that developers are in some kind of competition to see who can make the smallest text. I guess they don't want big ugly words obsuring their pretty visuals ;)

MetallicaDan
07-10-2011, 07:47 PM
I have a 27" SDTV and yeah it sucks, but thankfully there's not much story to this game. ;)

THC BLUNTED
07-11-2011, 05:51 PM
The text is too small that is for sure but I havent had that many problems. I usually just pick everything up without reading it and look through my inventory when I am full. It is then easy to drop/swap or whatever u need to do.

Xspel
08-02-2011, 03:00 PM
sometimes i have to lean up in bed to read the text from across the room. But mainly just to read the numbers

Restricted-Access
10-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah... I noticed it, too! There are a few solutions (this is assuming you ARE playing on a 1080i/p HDTV... although, it should help with ANY TV you are using). The first one... check to see if your "contrast" (might be called "intensity..." or "Picture," as it is on my Sony) is set too high. This will cause "blooming" on your text that looks too small.

Secondly, see if your "Sharpness" setting isn't high enough! If you have multiple display-setting memories... pick one to use for gaming. When you watch Sports or TV during the day, you probably want your contrast higher. When watching movies, you probably want your sharpness down a bit (especially if you are watching older movies in HD) to reduce grain.

My TV has 4 display memories, and they all have highly varied settings... and I can attest to the contrast affecting how easy (or hard) it is to read the text in this game (in "Vivid" mode, it is very difficult to read). My TV is a 36" Sony "CRT" 1080i (max), with an aspect ratio of 4:3. My display size for the 360 is 33" (measuring the widescreen image) on this TV, and the text is EASILY legible, with proper display settings.

Let me know if these suggestions help! :)