PDA

View Full Version : Point of no return?

PanocideX
03-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Is there a point of no return for the Exiled Prince DLC? My fiancÚ wants to wait to do the DLC until the achievements are fixed, but wants to continue with the game. She is worried she will come to a point where she will no longer be able to do the DLC. Does anyone know if there is a cut-off point where the quest is no longer available?

Randver
03-11-2011, 04:22 PM
When I started chapter 2 the quest disappeared from the map. The available quest symbol is also gone when I'm in the actual area where you accept the quest.

So it looks like the Deep Roads is the point of no return. I'm hoping that the quest will be available again after completing the game but at this point I don't know.

asphyxiate
03-11-2011, 04:30 PM
When I started chapter 2 the quest disappeared from the map. The available quest symbol is also gone when I'm in the actual area where you accept the quest.

So it looks like the Deep Roads is the point of no return. I'm hoping that the quest will be available again after completing the game but at this point I don't know.

Same thing happened to me. I had finished the objectives and needed to report to Sebastien in the Chantry so I stopped in order to wait till the cheevos are fixed. After the deep roads, the quest arrow pointing to the Chantry disappeared. When I went inside however, Sebastien was standing near the entrance with the arrow above his head. I don't know if this is because I had started the quest or not. As far as I know, I could still hand the quest in. Hope this helps.

TheDeceiver35
03-11-2011, 09:33 PM
From what ive been reading, you can start the quest during acts 1 or 2. However, you may miss out on parts of the quest if you don't start in the first act.

PanocideX
03-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks that helps a lot!

Randver
03-12-2011, 01:37 PM
I finished the game last night and the quest is now back on the chanter board in Hightown.

Those of you who are avoiding the quest till the achievements are fixed can go back and do the entire quest after the credits roll.

Wicelow
03-16-2011, 11:16 AM
I finished the game last night and the quest is now back on the chanter board in Hightown.

Those of you who are avoiding the quest till the achievements are fixed can go back and do the entire quest after the credits roll.
Good to know, thanks !

FSparacino4
03-17-2011, 07:19 PM

The official guide states that his first companion quest must be done during Act I or II. So you are saying you can start the Duty quest after beating the game??