PDA

View Full Version : Hawkes Mother *Spoilers*

Tsukasa117
03-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Is there any way to save Hawkes mom from the murderer? I'm playing female hawk and pissed off carver by not taking him on the expedition so he joined the Templars and has officially gone from 'slight ass' to 'complete ass', but thats besides the point. is there a way to stop her from dieing. Such as not pissing off Carver and him sticking around or finding the murderer before he strikes?

linkin10362
03-11-2011, 04:02 AM
No, there is no possible way to save your mother. She is basically scripted to die just as Carver is scripted to not be playable after Act 1. Even if you took him with you on the expedition, he is rendered unplayable after it ends by different means.

ginuwine_import
03-11-2011, 04:14 AM
actually carver doesn't have to die, depending on whether you pick your class as a mage or not. if you choose warrior or rogue then carver dies.

Wrothgar
03-11-2011, 04:20 AM
I have a male Warrior and the brother dies at the beginning. When the expedition part happened for me I took my sister and she died from Darkspawn taint, but the mother is still alive.

Tsukasa117
03-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Dang that disappointing, stupid Carver and Merrideth keep bringing that up during the political decision scenes and I 'grrrrrrr' every time and thing what if.

Darkness Falls
03-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Have anders in your party when you're doing the deep roads and he'll find some gray warden group and Bethany will become a gray warden but she'll leave the group.

Kinesis
03-11-2011, 07:49 PM
My Bethany got dragged off by the Templars to the Mages Circle when I didn't take her to the dark roads.

ITD Soldierboy
03-11-2011, 10:11 PM
So wait...if I take Bethany she'll die in the Expedition and if I don't take Bethany, she'll be taken by the Templars and I can't use her again? I'm playing as a Male Warrior if that makes a difference.

shinobigarth
03-11-2011, 11:47 PM
yup. its made so no matter what you cant use Carver/Bethany after the first act. either because they die or leave the party.

soulstar32
03-12-2011, 04:22 AM
Actually Carver is (And Bethany most likely) near the end of Act 3 if you choose a specific sequence of events... If you sided with the Templars and Carver is one, he joins back with his base set of skills and lots to level up with. Might want to grab a potion to reset him as he is goofy... Not sure on Bethany yet as I'm working on playthrough 2.

Good4TheCompany
03-12-2011, 04:52 AM
Ya my Bethany is now a Grey Warden, and my mother died to the blood mage. Did encounter Bethany once since she has been a Warden so far, new armor but cant use her still.

Zodiac025
03-12-2011, 05:24 AM
It's impossible to save your Mother, and im glad she died; she was annoying!