PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Solid Game

Frostylongcat
03-11-2011, 05:06 AM
Honestly, I wasn't very hyped for DA2. I generally like these "swords and sorcery" games, but Origins felt a bit lackluster. I decided to rent the damn thing and give it a try, and I was completely surprised. This game may lack a bit of polish, but it's a HUGE improvement from it's predecessor. I ended up buying it a few days ago (although I bought it on the PC because the PC offers a much more tactical way to play) and don't regret it at all.

I've been hearing a TON of smack for this game from my friends, although I'm not sure why, and sort of feel a bit conflicted. On one hand, I really want this series to succeed and spur on a multitude of sequels, but on the other hand I somewhat enjoy this game being a bit of an underdog. I felt the same way about Alpha Protocol (although that game was arguably much worse). The game was generally poorly received, but that's something that added to it's charm.

My only concern is that Dragon Age will turn into another Call Of Duty and play itself to death. I'm not too concerned, Bioware has proven to be a very reliable company (unless you consider jumping on the "DLC" bandwagon lack of reliability), but the possibility is still there. What do you guys think? Keep in mind I have NOT finished the game, so please don't spoil ANYTHING after the deep roads or I'll probably cry a multitude of tears.