PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Companion Uniforms..

NINERS2KX
03-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Possible Spoilers??

So near the end of Act 2 I brought Merrill along, which I rarely do.. and noticed all of a sudden she had all new, white armor on..

Then in the middle of Act 3 after meeting the King, Anders now has all black armor...

Is this from upgrades? I wouldn't think so, because I haven't bought that many of them. Or could this be like a loyalty thing, like from Mass Effect 2?

artphobia
03-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Same thing happened to me for both those two. And it wasnt from complete the armor additions for them. I got the white armor Merrill after asking her to move in. The black armor Anders not long after as well. I mean its great there are alternate costumes but yea... kind of would liek to know what triggered the switch as well.

NINERS2KX
03-11-2011, 07:01 AM
Same thing happened to me for both those two. And it wasnt from complete the armor additions for them. I got the white armor Merrill after asking her to move in. The black armor Anders not long after as well. I mean its great there are alternate costumes but yea... kind of would liek to know what triggered the switch as well.

Were those the only two companions that changed for you?

artphobia
03-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Far as I can recall, yes.

Roshan
03-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Exactly same changes to me too on only these 2 companions.

Ryuukishi
03-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Aveline and Bethany changed their armor for me at the beginning of act 2, for story reasons. Merrill changed after I asked her to move in, but I did started the romance immediately after finishing her "loyalty mission" so I'm not sure which one of those actually triggered it. Anders is still wearing his act 1 outfit for me.

Valentia X
03-11-2011, 05:38 PM
I believe the armour upgrade happens as you reach certain points in your relationship. In my first playthrough, I only got Varric and Anders to 100%, and Anders's uniform changed (I don't think Varric's does, so this may be tied to romance, unless his was a stat I just missed.)

Ryuukishi
03-11-2011, 05:40 PM
100% friendship/rivalry status is probably it. I wonder if there are different outfits for friend vs. rival?

A Shoe In
03-11-2011, 05:45 PM
100% friendship/rivalry status is probably it. I wonder if there are different outfits for friend vs. rival?

Though that sound like a great premise, I had 100% friendship with Varric almost the whole game and he never changed outfits for me.

NINERS2KX
03-12-2011, 06:18 PM
So Avaline, Bethany, Anders, and Merrill can have alt armor..

anyone seen new armor for the other characters?

Kinky Buns
03-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Well if you think about it, Varric's armor can't change because he's the narrator, and Aveline's armor can't change because she is Captain of the guard and has to wear that armor. I think Fenris' changed slightly for me but I never paid much attention to him.

artphobia
03-12-2011, 09:36 PM

I rivaled with Avaline, and no change in costume

EmptyApartment
03-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Merrills armor changed for me once she moved in with me

tripleb2k
03-12-2011, 10:28 PM
oh I want to see Merrill's new armor. I romanced Isabella and kept her as a strong friend. I noticed some new accessories but her outfit didn't change. she still hasn't found her pants... skank

Hawkeye31337
03-13-2011, 02:30 AM
I got Merrill armor just as soon as we started a relationship and she moved in. I don't know if that's how it goes for the others.

BlueWolf
03-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Anders changed for me in Act 3 after doing the Justice quest.

I'm confused as to how Bethany's can change in act 2 however, as shes not in act 2

svonhershman
03-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Anders changed for me in Act 3 after doing the Justice quest.

I'm confused as to how Bethany's can change in act 2 however, as shes not in act 2

She is in a cutscene in Act II, and her outfit changes because she's a Circle Mage now.

papoose
03-14-2011, 02:38 AM
She is in a cutscene in Act II, and her outfit changes because she's a Circle Mage now.
At this point she could be a grey warden as well

KrossWinter
03-14-2011, 03:12 AM
Carver/Bethany get new outfits if they joined the Grey Wardens or joined the Templars/Circle Mages respectively.

Anders' armor comes after you finish the 'Justice' side quest in Act 3. Merril, when she moves in with you.

Aveline's is entirely story related, but I think it can change if depending on the outcome of a quest in Act 3, where her position as Guard Capitan is at risk. I managed to get it so she kept it, so confirmation on this would be nice.

Also, the armor/robes Hawke wears in the beginning scenes are available in game.