PDA

View Full Version : Demon Door Achievement Glitch **FIX**

o CYB0RG o
03-11-2011, 12:46 PM
I posted this on the Fable 3 main forum and I didn't see the Traitor's Keep Section, but this method works. If you really want the achievement and don't mind beating the game again then follow me........:Bounce: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=298866

Toams07
03-11-2011, 04:06 PM
I kinda wonder how this can not work ..
Since you start a new game and are aware of the glitch you'll watch out for it.
I thought a fix was a fix once it fixed the problem there were the problem was found?

o CYB0RG o
03-13-2011, 01:06 AM
I thought a fix was a fix once it fixed the problem there were the problem was found?

If fixes being able to actually achieve the achievement. Instead of people having problems with a glitched achievement they can fix their methods of opening any other Demon Door but the DLC first when attempting to obtain it.

:woop:

bobbins1984
03-13-2011, 02:07 AM
My partner got the king achievement when he was in someone else game even though he had only just started playing, so can i assume that you can get the demon door one in someone else's game too if you are there when they get it? just like fable 2 did this.

anyone let me know, and for anyone that hasn't got the achievement yet, mine glitched on me so i would like to try this theory out if anyone will let me join their game.

GT is Bobbins1984.

ANIMAL NL
03-13-2011, 05:45 PM
no all doors in YOUR world should be opened. It would be nice if it worked like that especially for those fucking books and flowers since their glitched.

SkyJin
03-13-2011, 10:34 PM
This isn't a fix tho..
Really, by saying to people that they can just play the entire game all over. I'd say that is pretty much given.

niko da bos
03-14-2011, 04:57 PM
lol @ poll results. classic

Toams07
03-14-2011, 05:05 PM
My partner got the king achievement when he was in someone else game even though he had only just started playing, so can i assume that you can get the demon door one in someone else's game too if you are there when they get it? just like fable 2 did this.

If it would be like that they'd placed ''or see another Hero do so'' in the description

xX WOGGLES Xx
03-16-2011, 09:17 AM
just completed the game 3 times tryed all ways and does not work

Ragnarok1986
03-16-2011, 11:03 AM
just completed the game 3 times tryed all ways and does not work

So the method is a fail?

xX WOGGLES Xx
03-16-2011, 05:25 PM
yes it failed 3 times every time i get 6/7 it comes up 1/7

Toams07
03-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Aloow me to post how I did it:
I opended 5 Doors in the retail (did NOT do the Millfields one), then did the DLC Door and then the Millfields.
Achievement unlocked. 1250/1250

bakeryfreshgame
03-17-2011, 01:07 AM
Well part of the problem is that is won't glitch for everyone which is weird, but I'm just gonna wait til the next title update and hopefully they fix it.

Ragnarok1986
03-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Well part of the problem is that is won't glitch for everyone which is weird, but I'm just gonna wait til the next title update and hopefully they fix it.

I loaded mine up today did that solve anything?

midnight dawn
03-19-2011, 05:05 PM
This method worked for me. I started a new playthrough and opened the Ravenscar Keep Demon Door first then the rest in any order. The co-op door in Mistpeak was the last I opened.

bakeryfreshgame
03-21-2011, 10:36 PM
I loaded mine up today did that solve anything?
I have no idea, did it? :)
I really don't know though, I haven't played in awhile and I've been working on Dragon Age 2, maybe I'll look into it again after I finish my second playthrough.

mmartynn
05-02-2011, 06:44 PM
would deleting the DLC/TU, recover GT and redownload the DLC fix it?

JimboTag
05-09-2011, 04:16 PM
What an annoying glitch -.- I really don't want to have to play the whole game through again...

insert_name_here
05-25-2011, 09:03 PM
fuck this i played the whole game again coz the demon door and labnotes achievements glitched. got the labnotes one and the demon door one glitched again. i'm so pissed right now it's not even funny. i tried opening the ravenscar demon door first like a lot of people were doing and instead of counting 1/7 it just didn't count at all, nothing came up next to it saying how many doors i had opened. this is f*ckin ridiculous. lionhead should fix their shit dlc before they release it. idiots

nmg82
05-26-2011, 04:46 PM
fuck this i played the whole game again coz the demon door and labnotes achievements glitched. got the labnotes one and the demon door one glitched again. i'm so pissed right now it's not even funny. i tried opening the ravenscar demon door first like a lot of people were doing and instead of counting 1/7 it just didn't count at all, nothing came up next to it saying how many doors i had opened. this is f*ckin ridiculous. lionhead should fix their shit dlc before they release it. idiots

I feel your pain. Had the exact same thing happen to me. Unbelievable.

SpongebobRoundpants
05-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Im worried if I try to redo this and it glitches on me. Does anyone know how long the story takes just to get the demon door achievement?:confused::mad:

Ragnarok1986
05-28-2011, 12:28 AM
Im worried if I try to redo this and it glitches on me. Does anyone know how long the story takes just to get the demon door achievement?:confused::mad:

Not long about 3-4 hours. Get a friend to join with a max out hero goes really quick.

SpongebobRoundpants
05-29-2011, 05:03 AM
Does the game save when you open the door? If it doesnt and something wrong happens then quickly shut ur xbox off.
How far in can you start opening demon doors when starting a new game? Do you have to complete the whole story?AGAIN?

Toams07
05-29-2011, 10:04 AM
How far in can you start opening demon doors when starting a new game? Do you have to complete the whole story?AGAIN?

You do have to complete the whole story for all doors, since one of them wants to see a monarch (you'll have to be King/Queen to open it)

Ragnarok1986
05-29-2011, 10:14 AM
You do have to complete the whole story for all doors, since one of them wants to see a monarch (you'll have to be King/Queen to open it)

Would it work if you had a friend join who was king/queen?

Toams07
05-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Would it work if you had a friend join who was king/queen?

Idk
I've heard stories of people saying that would work and stories saying it wouldn't.
You could always try it out

SpongebobRoundpants
05-29-2011, 11:33 PM
I am queen now so I should be able to start after I do the dlc crap first. So the dlc door first, then any order and coop door last. Do i need to finish the rest of the story though? Im queen:confused:

slacker322
07-07-2011, 10:07 AM
This fix worked for me. Took about 12 hours all told. Worth it for that 100% to me though. Cheers!

Entek
07-15-2011, 05:54 PM
It glitched for me a couple of nights ago. Luckily I have another hero that I just finished the main quest stuff. I am hoping I can still get the achievement even though I've already opened three demon doors with this hero, the one in Aurora, the one in Mistpeak, and the one Mourning Wood. I am hoping that I can get it. This is the last one that I need to have this game completed.

G0DsDestroyer
07-16-2011, 03:21 AM
Demon Door achievement is one of the easier achievements to get, the harder one is the keymaster one, It can glitch out on you and say you got the key in a different place than you did, this happened to me in Fable 2 as well, i have 7/6 keys in one place and 4/5 keys in one place(Fable 2) and i counted each one i got and where i got them from. Haven't gotten around to finding all the keys in Fable 3 though

BluWolve
07-16-2011, 03:59 AM
I have not tried to go for this achievement yet, so I don't know if I am one of the unlucky people who have the stupid thing glitch on them yet.

I just want to point out this is not a fix. Sorry but it is not. A fix 'fixes' something that is broken. If you start the game again and follow this method, You are basically just avoiding 'breaking' in the first place.

Although I must admit, 'An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Ton of Cure' so good job regardless.

Valedrin
07-20-2011, 10:18 AM
It worked for me, though I didn't read this until I had already gone through everything else, saving the doors for last. I made sure to have everything ready to open all demon doors in one go without stopping. Opened the Ravenscar door first, and made absolutely sure that the counter said 1/7(otherwise I recommend you not enter, and restart the game) Then did Millfields, Mistpeak, Aurora, Sunset House, Mourningwood, and Brightwall in that order without leaving the game.

My Co-op partner for Mistpeak joined right after opening and entering the Ravenscar demon door.

I also had finished the last DLC quest where you decide the fate of Ravenscar before I started.

Dunno if any of that will help anyone, but I certainly hope it does, good luck everyone.

rye007
09-17-2011, 05:46 PM
hey,

I had trouble with this achievement and so did some of my friends..The sure way to unlock it is to first open the demon door in the dlc..Open the co-op door last and do the other 5 after the dlc door...

It means starting a new game but it works 100%

hope this helps :Bounce:

NRGY Ranta
10-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Ye so I did not open any demon door before the dlc and yet it glitched. I took Brightwall last tho =7

Ephidel
07-12-2012, 07:22 AM

^I completely agree with this!^

I already have 2 extra playthroughs being juggled for Legendaries, I'll open Ravenscar last on one and first on the other.

And your "solution" sucks balls, TC. No offence.

VyzieTaur
08-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Just had the achieve glitch on me for the second time. Played through the whole game and dlc, opened the dlc door first and got the 1/7 message...opened the next 5 ending with the 6/7 message. Went to the last door, opened it and nothing.

Really rather annoyed >.<

yamayamayaamaa
09-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Was playing Fable Heroes and was wondering if they fixed this yet...

They should have patched the game to where the achievement unlocks automatically. No one should have to play the game over and over again and hope it unlocks... :mad: