PDA

View Full Version : Siding with Mages and Templars..

A Shoe In
03-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Does anyone else find the outlined quests where you must side with either the Mages or Templars a bit vague? I can talk all day about saving mages, don't judge them all by a few etc., but when I actually get around to fighting, I kill every mage around and it's hard to tell which side I actually chose. So far I've had 1 full playthrough and didn't get either Arcane Defender or Mage Hunter and I was conciously going for Arcane Defender. Apparently, it looks like I'll need some direct information before this makes sense to me.

adz5000
03-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Does anyone else find the outlined quests where you must side with either the Mages or Templars a bit vague? I can talk all day about saving mages, don't judge them all by a few etc., but when I actually get around to fighting, I kill every mage around and it's hard to tell which side I actually chose. So far I've had 1 full playthrough and didn't get either Arcane Defender or Mage Hunter and I was conciously going for Arcane Defender. Apparently, it looks like I'll need some direct information before this makes sense to me.

The two I know off are that you need to send the elf's son to the dalish adn that will count as siding with the mages. This is in Wayward Son.

And The mission (forgot name) where you clear out the Apostates in the cave in the wounded coast. I wiped them out bar the one who runs and the 4 who surrender. Once outside I attacked the Templars. So yet again, siding with mages.

I am sure the achievement guide has a list tho.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=298696

EDIT: Here is the list,

There are seven quests throughout the course of the game that let you side with either the mages or the templars. You will need to choose a faction and pick to side with them in 5 of these 7 quests. These 2 achievements will need to be done over two seperate playthroughs.

* - Indicates secondary quest

ACT I
(1) Wayward Son
(2) Act of Mercy
(3) Enemies Among Us

ACT II
* (1) Night Terrors

ACT III
(1) Showdown
(2) On the Loose
(3) Best Served Cold Thanks goes to FSparacino4 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=364135) for this guide.

A Shoe In
03-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Right. I've seen and tried reading everything about the achievements, but I just get confused when everything plays out as to what side I actually chose because I don't know what supposed to happen when I pick either side. I'm going for Mage Hunter this time as it seems the easier of the two.. just kill everything.

Subsoiledrose
03-11-2011, 06:34 PM
The games only been out a day and you completed it already? Nice :-) I cant wait to get started on it tonight!

LostCastle
03-11-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm having trouble figuring out which is which also. I saved before, "Enemies Among Us". And chose both choices at the end. Having Aveline in my party, one choice I was granted +5 Friendship and the other +5 Rivalry. I assume the +5 Friendship was for the Templars and +5 Rivalry was for the Mages.

Could anyone confirm or deny? Because I honestly don't see how either outcome really would benefit or hurt either faction. So I plan to do this before each of the 5 quests.