PDA

View Full Version : Deathstrike skill book not found.

FPS GLIMMER
03-11-2011, 07:13 PM
So i hear basically you get the book in the begining right away. I have not found it yet. I am about to beat the game and i still dont have the skillbook. Does anyone know where i can purchase it? Im in chapter 3 so I cannot get it from Dar. I looked on various websites and they dont say where its located. They only mention the quest to get it. I checked their wiki and I have checked other websites.

daviduk2000
03-13-2011, 03:20 AM
i think your having a little mix up.

i had a problem to. Deathstiike is the Assasination skill. you get that no matter what you dont need to read a book. and i was almost certain you cant complete the first chapter without it cause a quest requires you assainate 3 groms. i tried killing them and failed unless you assasinate them. so i had to restart. that mission.

Now if for some reason your game glitched and you cant assasinate people. then your going to have to try vendors. over and over and over until one has the book.

FPS GLIMMER
03-13-2011, 05:54 PM
I dont have that skill unlocked and i have searched vendors everywhere to find it. I kinda rmemeber that mission in the beginning but i didnt need that skill to beat it. So im a bit lost right now.

daviduk2000
03-13-2011, 06:34 PM
thats baffeling, unfortunate glitch then. after all i never had to read the book so its possible there are none of these books available ill do a little searching for you though. i have a few great sites for info to check.

From what iv gathered people who have this problem is due to the fact they killed the enemies at the beginning instead of assasinating therefore not getting the skill.

i have not found any other locations for the book yet everyone only mentions that one place
unfortunatly iv checked my best sites. Wiki as you mentioned. two worlds vault stuff like that with no answers. looks like you will have to start again.

but its only usefull for the achievement.

and if you start a new game rushing skipping talking and cutscenes id say it will take you less than an hour.

what makes it a 1000 times easier if you make a spell. Wind, Enchant, and time, it makes you invisible making assasinations RIDICULOUSLY easy. (note you can only assasinate humanoid charaters and only if they are standing perfectly still. so humans, groms and varns

FPS GLIMMER
03-14-2011, 12:16 AM
thats baffeling, unfortunate glitch then. after all i never had to read the book so its possible there are none of these books available ill do a little searching for you though. i have a few great sites for info to check.

From what iv gathered people who have this problem is due to the fact they killed the enemies at the beginning instead of assasinating therefore not getting the skill.

i have not found any other locations for the book yet everyone only mentions that one place
unfortunatly iv checked my best sites. Wiki as you mentioned. two worlds vault stuff like that with no answers. looks like you will have to start again.

but its only usefull for the achievement.

and if you start a new game rushing skipping talking and cutscenes id say it will take you less than an hour.

what makes it a 1000 times easier if you make a spell. Wind, Enchant, and time, it makes you invisible making assasinations RIDICULOUSLY easy. (note you can only assasinate humanoid charaters and only if they are standing perfectly still. so humans, groms and varns

Hey thanks for researching. I appreciate it. I did some researching myself and couldnt find it either. I guess it wont be so bad trying to do it again. I just dont look forward doing the prologe again.

daviduk2000
03-14-2011, 01:05 AM
my mates game glitched and couldnt be bothered starting again so i started it for him and skipping cutscenes and sprinting the prologue took around 20-30 mins max.
it may seem daunting not but its nowhere near as bad as you think.

i unfortunatly missed a theives guild quest the one from Scyth and have to start that quest again :( iv got all other single player acheivements

FPS GLIMMER
03-17-2011, 02:43 PM
I eventually got it, but it took 2 hours.

daviduk2000
03-17-2011, 10:03 PM
wqell done i just got my theives guild one today aswell. took 3 hours

Extra Saucy
03-18-2011, 11:28 AM
If my reputation log states that I have 0 assassinations and I am well into Chapter 1 does that mean that I did in fact glitch myself from learning the skill? I really don't remember the prologue too and whether or not I killed by assassination or not. Was anyone able to get the achievement despite doing the prologue part incorrectly? My sneak is too low at the moment to really try going for this.

FPS GLIMMER
03-19-2011, 07:08 PM
If you dont have it unlocked in your skills menu you didnt do it corretly.

Extra Saucy
03-21-2011, 11:32 AM
If you dont have it unlocked in your skills menu you didnt do it corretly.

Well, I had it unlocked I just didn't realize I couldn't use the skill on a sitting enemy (:confused:). It seems hard to get the opportunity. Any really good spots in Ch 2 or 3 that you can get a bulk of these?

daviduk2000
03-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Well, I had it unlocked I just didn't realize I couldn't use the skill on a sitting enemy (:confused:). It seems hard to get the opportunity. Any really good spots in Ch 2 or 3 that you can get a bulk of these?
western side of the savanah island i got loads there near the beach

Extra Saucy
03-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Thank you, I will do just that once I reach that area.