PDA

View Full Version : It's fixed right?

Furley
03-12-2011, 01:59 AM
The update on the main site said it was fixed, so if you just recovered your gamertag you could get the exiled prince achievements. Well i just did all that and loaded a save before i killed any of the groups from "Duty" but I still didnt get the achievement. Do you have to actually delete your gamertag before you recover it or is it really not fixed?

TheFalcon
03-12-2011, 02:39 AM
The achievements are on xbox.com now, but they're glitched and currently unobtainable. Bioware will need to release a patch to get these working.

PaleVoyager
03-12-2011, 02:54 AM
They had better do it this time as well. It took them a full year to patch the SAME mistake last time.

JDMBO1
03-12-2011, 03:16 AM
If Bioware does not attend to their products then this is only going to look bad against Bioware and bring less sales to their products. That's my rant on that off topic matter.

Well, I'm thoroughly disappointed that I can't get my DLC achievements. Bioware has made this mistake before and I don't like it one bit

Pearson
03-12-2011, 03:48 AM
I was wondering why they didn't unlock during my first play through. I hope they fix it soon because I'm currently on my second run.

rodhenry
03-12-2011, 02:30 PM
In social.bioware.com they show up in my achievment page, but in my XBOX and in xbox.com they appear as not gained.

=\

Durdens Wrath
03-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that their QA department is sorely lacking in good testers? At least for the Dragon Age games? Mass Effect seems to come out clean, but DA seems to have PROBLEMS right out of the gate. Bioware Edmonton is getting to be as bad as Obsidian.

LURadioDJ
03-13-2011, 09:33 AM
I was pretty pissed when the secret achievement for completing the Duty quest for Sebastian didn't pop after I finished talking to him, went on the BioWare forums, read what they said and was pretty pissed cuz now I dunno whether to continue or not.

E10phoenix
03-13-2011, 08:50 PM
yeah im pissed off aswell, they release day 1 dlc and it doesn't even give us the achievements...

It's like they only put effort into mass effect games and leave others poorly tested and looked after

Furley
03-14-2011, 12:03 AM
wait, so what did they say on the bioware forum??

Mjkjets
03-14-2011, 12:16 AM
wait, so what did they say on the bioware forum??

They are aware of the problem and working on a solution. Hopefully we'll get an update in a few days.

Kirbster117
03-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Yeah had a look on the Bioware website and it shows it is at least recording the achievements. This is the picture from my achievements list

Furley
03-14-2011, 10:33 PM
alright cool, so hopefully soon there will be a title update or some type of patch...

the ferenczy
03-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Wow. Almost 2 weeks and still no update to fix this? Lame. Test your games to see if they work properly before you release them please. Do the trophies work for PS3 or is this a 360 problem only?:mad:

Lithium Wisdom
03-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Well, I WAS enjoying the game until I was forced to stop because I don't feel like playing entire sections OVER again. I mean, for Christ's sake!

Inebriated Jedi
03-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Wow. Almost 2 weeks and still no update to fix this? Lame. Test your games to see if they work properly before you release them please. Do the trophies work for PS3 or is this a 360 problem only?:mad:

Yes, they work for PS3 and PC.

Microsoft and BioWare just can't get the day 1 Dragon Age DLC to ever work properly, it seems.

Crowleyman
03-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Well THAT sucks. I was wondering why they didn't pop for me on the first play through...

Scnew
03-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Any time now, Bioware, kinda running out of stuff to do instead here.

McDej
03-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Well they are not really working that hard to fix it, are they?
I mean, how hard can it be to fix it??

bmakar83
03-21-2011, 06:10 AM
It taking so long probably also has to do with how Microsoft handles their patching process. They are pretty strict with it having to go through review once the patch is submitted and if I recall correctly they only let you patch it so many times.

Laxi
03-21-2011, 12:46 PM
It taking so long probably also has to do with how Microsoft handles their patching process. They are pretty strict with it having to go through review once the patch is submitted and if I recall correctly they only let you patch it so many times.

maybe MS should have checked the DLC in the first place.

Tom Pladgett
03-21-2011, 01:29 PM
IIRC, Microsoft also charges a fee for updates from the publisher. Ostensibly the reason is to discourage them from releasing buggy product, but whether it has this effect is debatable. What it probably does is discourage publishers from releasing patches too frequently. So in this case Bioware is probably trying to get as much stuff fixed as possible before putting a patch out.

SuperSouter
03-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Once patched is it likely that If we load up our saves where the stuff is completed they will just pop or will we have to mess around with recovering or even just doing it over again?

Zarakai1989
03-21-2011, 02:31 PM
This is ridiculous now, I really wanted to play this game and have had it since the day before release but couldn't bring myself to play it with dodgy DLC problems.As a user mentioned earlier, I dont want to play large chunks of the game again. To be honest if a game comes with day one DLC then it should have been tested to see if it works before they even put the gameon the shelves.

bmakar83
03-21-2011, 04:22 PM
maybe MS should have checked the DLC in the first place.

It's not Microsoft's fault that a game releases with bugs. Like Tom said, they seem to have things in place to discourage companies from releasing buggy products but they can't really be looking over the shoulder of every single game made. I would also have to agree that they are going to wait to release a patch until they get all of the known bugs taken care of and since that list seems to get bigger ever day who knows.

XperimntNterror
03-21-2011, 04:39 PM
It's not Microsoft's fault that a game releases with bugs. Like Tom said, they seem to have things in place to discourage companies from releasing buggy products but they can't really be looking over the shoulder of every single game made.

To a point, it is MS's fault. Achievements are a first party TRC. ANY TRC violation is grounds to fail and MS specifically looks for these violations during Certification testing. Likely, EA/Bioware worked out some arrangement to get a patch released for this issue post-release that MS was happy with. Usually, these patches must be provided as day one Title Updates so the player never notices that anything was wrong, but Publishers, apparently, can sway MS to give them more time. It's both EA and MS's fault the game was released like this.

Gryphonskull
03-21-2011, 04:42 PM
I was pissed on my first play though. Doing the second one now and saving before each achievement would normally pop, that way all I need to do is either load up my finished game, or each corresponding save and do 1 thing to get it to pop..

deth2sokpuppets
03-21-2011, 05:33 PM
You know what pisses me off about all this my friend was telling me to look at the dlc size of the stuff and you can see how small it is meaning it was already on the damn disc and they make you pay to use it and get the download to unlock it. Such bs I really hope they fix it soon

bmakar83
03-21-2011, 05:52 PM
To a point, it is MS's fault. Achievements are a first party TRC. ANY TRC violation is grounds to fail and MS specifically looks for these violations during Certification testing. Likely, EA/Bioware worked out some arrangement to get a patch released for this issue post-release that MS was happy with. Usually, these patches must be provided as day one Title Updates so the player never notices that anything was wrong, but Publishers, apparently, can sway MS to give them more time. It's both EA and MS's fault the game was released like this.

I tend to want to lay more blame on EA and/or Bioware just because of the sheer amount of the bugs in this game, especially since this has happened before. But you are absolutely correct that Microsoft shares the blame as well, I made an uninformed statement. I apologize for the foot-in-mouth on that one.

VladimirK
03-21-2011, 06:34 PM
But you are absolutely correct that Microsoft shares the blame as well, I made an uninformed statement. I apologize for the foot-in-mouth on that one.

Hang on, were you just nice, polite and composed on the internet?

That shit's like dividing by zero :eek::biglaugh
(Don't take this the wrong way, not having a go, it's good to see.)

On topic, I'm a little put out with this.
Bugs happen, the achievements don't unlock, fair enough, you'll get it fixed, that I can accept.

What is bugging me about this is that Bioware don't even seem to have tried to properly address the issue and keep us updated on it.

A lot of folk should take a leaf out of the Magicka game dev's books.
The game released filled with bugs, now this would have pissed me and probably everybody else off but every time I go onto Steam, the game gets an update and on Facebook the devs are constantly talking in a good way so it actually makes me think, "Know what? It was/is very buggy but you guys are being so good about it with the constant updating both in-game and through text that I honestly don't care."

XperimntNterror
03-21-2011, 07:22 PM
I tend to want to lay more blame on EA and/or Bioware just because of the sheer amount of the bugs in this game, especially since this has happened before. But you are absolutely correct that Microsoft shares the blame as well, I made an uninformed statement. I apologize for the foot-in-mouth on that one.

Oh, no worries. Just didn't want MS getting off without some blame since it's their requirement in the first place. I agree, though, too many games this generation are being released buggy/broken with intent to patch later on. I don't blame devs as much as I do the Publishers since they are the ones arguing/throwing money at the first parties to get an approval so they can hit their ship dates. Devs tend to be at the mercy of the Publisher when it comes to deadlines. The first parties take fault, as well, though, since they are willing waive issues that should cause a game to fail and require a resubmission from the Publisher for what is, essentially, a bribe or the pretext that a patch will be released to address the problem later. All Publishers will remain silent even while people who bought the game rage on because they will never admit to releasing a faulty product; devs will get their mouths taped by the Publishers (due to NDAs) and will have to play along if they hope to have the same Publisher work with them in the future/not sue them.

danksch
03-22-2011, 02:01 PM
I was pissed on my first play though. Doing the second one now and saving before each achievement would normally pop, that way all I need to do is either load up my finished game, or each corresponding save and do 1 thing to get it to pop..

same thing with MvC3 recently - the additional characters barely pack some Kb, the dlc is basically a code that unlocks hidden characters that were already implemented in the retail version.
its an obvious, blatant ripoff; seperating a finished game into parts and demanding additonal money for it.

PETER DRAGON
03-22-2011, 02:52 PM
On DA1 I didn't get the "Shadow" achievement (level 20 rogue) until the patch came out. It popped up immediately at the start of the game, hopefully it will for this because I've beat it once, almost twice, and did all the dlc requirements.

XperimntNterror
03-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Except that this content was free to people who pre-ordered; only people who waited/buy used are having to buy it extra. EA does this to ensure that people buy the game new instead of waiting to pick it up used and damage EAs profits. If you pre-ordered, chances are far likely that you'll keep it and get the game new; if you waited until release day to pick it up, it becomes increasingly possible that you'll wait a few weeks to find a used copy instead. I'm not defending the publisher, but figured it's worth pointing out the business strategy behind it. It's also a good incentive to those who did pre-order

eNamrah
03-22-2011, 03:12 PM
I think they're fixed. I downloaded the DLC for the first time this morning and unlocked all of the achievements.

If you had downloaded the DLC previously, I suggest you delete it and download it again. Another thing, and I'm not sure it matters, but I downloaded it from the xbox live marketplace and not the in-game menu.

edit: no need to clear your cache, just delete the dlc and download it again.

Son of Kyuss
03-22-2011, 04:03 PM
I think they're fixed. I downloaded the DLC for the first time this morning and unlocked all of the achievements.

If you had downloaded the DLC previously, I suggest you delete it and clear your cache before downloading it again. Another thing, and I'm not sure it matters, but I downloaded it from the xbox live marketplace and not the in-game menu.

If that is the case, which I've tried by loading up my save with the first Sebastien quest done, then it seems we'll have to actually have to recomplete the quests as it's not retroactive.

eNamrah
03-22-2011, 04:10 PM
If that is the case, which I've tried by loading up my save with the first Sebastien quest done, then it seems we'll have to actually have to recomplete the quests as it's not retroactive.

Yeah, I had a save right before the Deep Roads. Loaded it up, and Sebastian's 1st quest appeared. It only took me 3 hours to complete all of his quests, the Deep Roads and Act 2 main quests. I skipped everything else.

KNIGHTOFSERA
03-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I had a save right before the Deep Roads. Loaded it up, and Sebastian's 1st quest appeared. It only took me 3 hours to complete all of his quests, the Deep Roads and Act 2 main quests. I skipped everything else.

damn I was hoping theyd be fixed before I finish my second playthrough, and now after I just finish it they fix em

oh well at least theyre fixed
I have hundreds of saves on each playthrough Im sure I can find ones before each quest

Son of Kyuss
03-22-2011, 04:22 PM

My plan of attack is similar, I'll be starting again from the beginning and just complete Sebastian's first quest ASAP and then continue from my main save which is right before the Deep Roads expedition.

I'm just glad I can now continue playing DA2 as I stopped playing once I noticed the first Sebastien achievement didn't pop.

VladimirK
03-22-2011, 04:30 PM
I was lucky enough to have a save left over from each act, managed to knock them out in less than an hour.
Shouldn't be too bad if you haven't, only a short speedrun for them.

Glad they're fixed, though :)

bakeryfreshgame
03-22-2011, 05:18 PM

If you had downloaded the DLC previously, I suggest you delete it and clear your cache before downloading it again. Another thing, and I'm not sure it matters, but I downloaded it from the xbox live marketplace and not the in-game menu.

I can confirm this works (at least with Retribution). I deleted the Exiled Prince DLC, cleared my cache, then redownloaded it from marketplace, not in game. I booted it up and played through Duty and Retribution unlocked no problem. Cheers, eNemrah for discovering this! :woop:

Reqqu
03-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Confirmed and no need to clear cache. Just delete DLC in memory and download it again via download history or marketplace. All unlocked and full 1130/1130 done :woop:

L0cked n L04ded
03-22-2011, 05:34 PM
So you definately need to redownload the DLC? Because I just tried the rivalry glitch without redownloading it and it didn't pop up.

eNamrah
03-22-2011, 05:37 PM
So you definately need to redownload the DLC? Because I just tried the rivalry glitch without redownloading it and it didn't pop up.

Yes. Seeing as there was no title update, they basically replaced the old dlc file with a new one.

AndyZedd
03-22-2011, 05:38 PM
I did this: Deleted the DLC from HD, then installed it from marketplace,then i loaded every save before turning in and all unlocked.

bakeryfreshgame
03-22-2011, 05:39 PM
yeah clearing the cache was an unnecessary step on my part as there has been no update yet

L0cked n L04ded
03-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks, redownloaded and am just mopping up the achievements now. 1130/1130 at last! :D

VladimirK
03-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Official announcement by Bioware for those interested:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/301/index/6708411/1#6709777

romanzad
03-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Official announcement by Bioware for those interested:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/301/index/6708411/1#6709777

great news! time to load some old saves!

Mjkjets
03-22-2011, 06:14 PM
DLC is fixed !
ENCHANTMENT !

Mjkjets approves +50

spirited away87
03-22-2011, 06:23 PM
just got this dlc yesterday, didn't know it was messed up

KeepEmRolling
03-22-2011, 07:16 PM
great news! time to load some old saves!

yes, thanks for posting about the dlc getting fixed. Fortunately i also had a couple saves in the right places and knocked them all out in under an hour.:)

Cooljoe
03-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Has the patch or update been released yet on xbox live? You know like when you turn your xbox and when you first load the game it asks you if you want to update?

BloodGodAlucard
03-22-2011, 09:00 PM
There is no patch. To fix the DLC you have to delete it from your hard drive. Then redownload it. Bioware replaced the file with a properly working one. So that's why the achievements are fixed. No patch has been released to fix any other aspect of the game though.