PDA

View Full Version : Night Terror quest *confused* (slight spoilers)

Marriott
03-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Just completed this quest and I am very confused of which choices/dialogue you should choose to side with the mages/templars...I'm going for the "side with the mages" achievement, but I have no idea if I screwed up or not :) Could someone enlighten me?

A Shoe In
03-12-2011, 02:21 PM
There are 3 possible ending in this one.

Feynriel can be made Tranquil. I assume this is siding with Templars.

Feynriel can learn to control his abilities with the encouragement of Hawke. I assume this is siding with the Mages.

You can also help the Sloth demon control his body and earn some attribute/stat points/runes. I'm assuming this is niether.

I don't know for sure if my assumptions are correct, but these are the 3 possible outcomes depending on dialogue choices.

waxc3
03-12-2011, 08:30 PM
im so angry at this quest. im stuck in it!
i took the slave guy with me, and the demon turns him against me. he then kills all of us with one hit within seconds. there are green elf archers shooting at us and the huge demon but no matter what i do we all die immediately.
what i am supposed to do!? i can not kill the possessed friend no matter how i try

uhohzombies
03-12-2011, 08:44 PM
You used the infinite EXP glitch, didn't you? On my first playthrough I did as well and was getting killed almost instantly by Avilene and Merill (took them and Anders). I had to lower difficulty to casual and strip off all their equipment before entering the room. I did the harder companion (Avilene in this case) first and let my two ranged companions whittle her down while I killed the Desire demon and shades, then finished her off. With Merill and the Pride demon I just had everyone target her first and then the demon and archers were a piece of cake. Took about 2 or 3 tries to get it right, but it was eventually doable. Just keep plugging away at it.

waxc3
03-12-2011, 09:01 PM
ive about given up on the entire game as im stuck. yea i couldnt resist the glitch so im stuck.
though i know i bought respect potions they are not in my inventory for some reason now.
no matter which demon i try to fight first theres no way i can beat them or escape from the level as someone mentioned in another thread.
i did strip them of their weapons and gear but i still die in one hit or get stunned and killed.
im already on casual.
if i dont get it soon ill give up forever since im stuck in the fade with no way to just escape and give up.

uhohzombies
03-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Yeah, glitching up to a really high level SCREWS this quest up so bad. I say keep trying. Don't play it like an action-RPG, but start using the action wheel to pause combat and play it tactically. Who do you have fighting on your side? Can you try and queue up a pommel strike, miasmic flask, or some kind of stun right off the bat? If you can throw him off at the start, try and keep him stunlocked or something, you might have a fighting chance. Just play it like you were on Nightmare difficulty, pausing and picking individual actions as you go to try and stay ahead of the curve.

Good luck >_< I know it's a bitch at level 50. I almost restarted the game too, but after a few tries I was able to come out on top.

waxc3
03-12-2011, 09:41 PM
thank you for trying to guide me! :)
but i can not play a tactical game. i bought it because i can just hack hack hack. the wheel makes no sense to me really but anyhow my partners die nearly instantly.
i have the dwarf rogue guy, the woman warrior captain girl, and the slave guy.

if i go after killing the slave guy first, kill the big demon and run, it seemlingly ends him from being possessed but when i arrive at the next demon hes possessed again and i have to fight 2 possessed friends (impossible).

if i kill my warrior woman friend first then its only me and the dwarf against my slave friend and we cant do anything at all!

i downloaded torchlight so i guess ill move on. sucks though. i wanted to beat dragon age 2 as the first one bored me so badly i never could. this one was great fun.
damn me doing the level 50 exploit!

gasaraki03
03-12-2011, 09:44 PM
you go against Meredith if you want to side with mages

waxc3
03-12-2011, 10:12 PM
UhOhZombies! you are awesome!!!!!! i beat the cursed damn mission the first time by doing exactly what you said. :) thank you a thousand times!
i cued up pommels, and tar grenades, and combustion grenades over and over. ive never used the wheel before but oh jeez that made the mission easy! it was not possible to beat toe to toe against those guys

uhohzombies
03-13-2011, 02:33 PM
AWESOME. Glad you finally beat it. Would've sucked to have to start all over again. >_<

waxc3
03-13-2011, 07:17 PM
yea! thanks to you im using the wheel all the time just to screw around and use potions/poison and grenades. its loads of fun :)