PDA

View Full Version : "For Real this Time" Question

eohjay
03-12-2011, 06:00 AM
I was hoping someone could give me a definite answer regarding this question. I've scoured the web and come up with different answers at different sites.

I've already followed the Perfect guide, I'm in Hard Mode and have already began the True End. Not worried about accessing it or anything. I started messing around on the Boundary Plane and I'm up to 410 in my turn count. I haven't touched the continent gods yet. This leads to my question. . .

I've heard it both ways - what is the final answer for the achievement? Do I need to kill the gods and storyline Chaos BEFORE 500 turns, or is that 500 turns just for accessing the True Ending and can be wasted thereafter. If I finally tackle the gods and beat storyline Chaos on turn 700, will I still get the achievement?

Anyone have firsthand experience with this?

ApRt406
03-14-2011, 07:44 AM
From what I understand it is 500 turns to beat story line Chaos, not just to get to the true end. Going over this amount before beating Chaos the first time will not get the achievement. I haven't tested it out personally because I afraid to miss out on it. Could always use another save file to see what happens and then just reload if the results are bad. I know it takes a turn for each god, four to get to the god on the last continent, and one for Chaos so as long as you do start before turn 490 you should be ok.

eohjay
03-16-2011, 07:49 PM
From what I understand it is 500 turns to beat story line Chaos, not just to get to the true end. Going over this amount before beating Chaos the first time will not get the achievement. I haven't tested it out personally because I afraid to miss out on it. Could always use another save file to see what happens and then just reload if the results are bad. I know it takes a turn for each god, four to get to the god on the last continent, and one for Chaos so as long as you do start before turn 490 you should be ok.

Thanks. I've seen it mentioned both ways, however, and was hoping for concrete evidence from someone.

I ended up beating the gods and chaos not long after posting this (around 405 or so) and snagged the achievement. Operation Human Shield with Winfield and dropping SP-bombs is very useful.

I would still like to know if anyone has an answer, though.

Drias
03-23-2011, 02:51 AM
any of you use ellis as the girl to talk to by the fire and still get the achievement? or is it busted?

ApRt406
03-23-2011, 09:56 AM
According to the Agarest wiki it has only been confirmed for the PS3 version of the game. Doesn't mean the achievement will not come up on the 360 version but it may not. It really doesn't matter who you pick in this case other than very minor changes in dialogue. No profile or gallery images are obtained by who you pick (they come from getting secret albums later in the game from titles) so the choice is actually inconsequential. I would recommend not picking Ellis to make sure you can still get the achievement. You could always save and try to finish out to the True End and if it doesn't come up reload the save before picking her but that would require about an extra 4 or so hours to beat summerill, the 5 gods and chaos if it doesn't work.