PDA

View Full Version : DragonRage 2 (Bitching thread)

dontgoeasyonme
03-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Ok it's inevitable that a thread like this would be created so let me start the ball rolling, I'm not angry that after having DA1 and Awakenings and not really enjoying them I decided against my good judgement to spend 40 on this game. I'm not angry that having blood Armor in ME2 and DA that they didn't give it to me in this game. I'm not angry that I spent 560MSP on DLC that doesn't give me the achievements I earned. I'm not angry that you punish day of release purchasers by selling them a flawed game full of bugs and glitches. I'm not angry that you think I have the attention span of a goldfish and that I won't realize that the rooms are Generic and I wont realize or never notice I have been here before. I'm not angry you fixed all the gripes about DA1 and gave it beautiful graphics but made it feel like a poor mans Fable 3.

I'm not angry.......I'm disappointed!

ladyvader
03-12-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't know what you are talking about when it comes to bugs or glitches because I have not ran into any. I do know of a glitch where you can get mass amount of money and XP. One of my friends is about 30 levels higher than me and just got into part 3. I am way past that part in the game.

Graphics look killer.

The only issue I have is the characters from DA:O don't look like they did. Anders, Isabela, and the characters I have ran into during my game just don't look like they did.

To call this poor mans Fable 3 is a tad harsh, considering that game is pure rubbish and extremely glitchy that made it difficult to play. Bioware has yet to disappoint me with one of their games.

Actually, I feel the story in DA2 is better than DA:O. I feel more sucked into like I am with the story in Mass Effect. I actually want to see what happens next. In DA:O, I knew the ending would be slaying the archdemon long before I got to the ending because Duncun told you how to end a blight at the beginning of the game.

This one I have no idea what is coming next.

General Boredom
03-12-2011, 01:41 PM
My only real complaints are the recycled maps and the stupid cool down time for potions. DA2 is an improvement over DA:O in just about every way.

IVIR BLOBBY
03-12-2011, 02:01 PM
the combats great for 1 playthrough, but there isnt much replay vale, DAO had multiple possibilities which had some of the more hardcore fans coming back again & again for each possibility.

they've made this game much better for a playthrough & for new people & for just people looking for a good game.

but they've really singled out the hardcore fans who want to get every possibility & get into the lore. theres only 2 sides to take with each quest, you cant converse with party members, you cant kit out your charachters, they re-use the same maps, the whole crafting this isnt as good & the new charachters are rubbish

You know why there rubbish, you cant bloody talk to them, thats why we all loved them in DAO bioware we cud talk to them & enjoy/ dislike them.

great for new peole or people who enjoyed origins for a playthrough or two but for people like myself who played origins 12 times & awakening 5 times. Its a massive dissapointment.

Bioware got lazy, replaced RPG with combat. singling out the real fans :(

SLRU
03-12-2011, 03:04 PM
after having DA1 and Awakenings and not really enjoying them

It sounds like this type of game just isn't for you. I enjoyed both DA1 and Awakenings immensely, Awakenings even more so. When you didn't like DA1, maybe that was your clue to steer clear.

dontgoeasyonme
03-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Lol I have put 500+ hours into Mass Effect! I even bought it for my PS3 despite owning both ME1&ME2 Collectors edition on my 360, so of by saying I don't like RPG games I hope this proves otherwise! I'm not saying it's an awful game! I would not have just spent 34 hours of my life beating the game before I passed judgement. And as for avoiding this I believe every game deserves a chance, I would never form an opinion of something with out trying it!

The point I'm trying to make is that in 2011 people still think it's ok to put out sub standard games! If you read my problems with this it's not that I hate the game, I just don't think I should be expected to just accept this when we know what they are capable and have proved!

As for previous DA, I played them long after they where launched and maybe expected a lot more then I got.

I hope this clears things up?

SLRU
03-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Sounds like you are a game tester or something, otherwise why play a game for 30 hours that you are not enjoying. Other that that, I hear you, yeah, I am for high quality in games as much as anyone. The reality is, it takes what, 5 years to make an Elder Scrolls, and still it's a fairly niche game, and then a year later it sells for $20, plus all that Gamefly and used games eating up sales, so why kill yourself trying to make a masterpiece.

It's easier just to spew out CODs every year with different coat of paint, and they sell by bazillions. Or better yet, Nintendo shovelware, that beats all sales records and can be made with PowerPoint. So judging by what's going on, yeah everyone does the minimum these days. I'm surprised anyone bothers to make WRPGs at all.

ShaolinShadow
03-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Worse then fable 3 ?!?!?!?! your kidding me right? The only thing I do not like is you cannot have the mabari hound out like in Origins and you cannot customize the party members armor, They got real lazy on the stages Recycling is for cans,papers,boxes not for games, Bioware I hate to say it cause you delivered some great games but you got extremely lazy on this one either that you were rushing this out because you were hard at work with Mass Effect 3, Either way honestly hope the next dragon age you bring out is better then this one and well worked on....

muzykalscorpio
03-12-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm not angry that having blood Armor in ME2 and DA that they didn't give it to me in this game.

If you are referring to the Blood Dragon Armor - yes, they did.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/bonus_items//

The rest of your statement sounds like personal flavor, though, and that this game just isn't right for you. Though I'm wondering why you went against your own instinct (judgment?) after both DAO + Awakening.

I'm not angry you fixed all the gripes about DA1 and gave it beautiful graphics but made it feel like a poor mans Fable 3.

I'm also surprised to see any title of the Fable series compared to any actual game, but that would be -my- personal gripe, lol.

dontgoeasyonme
03-12-2011, 05:46 PM
If you are referring to the Blood Dragon Armor - yes, they did.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/bonus_items//

The rest of your statement sounds like personal flavor, though, and that this game just isn't right for you. Though I'm wondering why you went against your own instinct (judgment?) after both DAO + Awakening.

I'm also surprised to see any title of the Fable series compared to any actual game, but that would be -my- personal gripe, lol.

I'm aware of how to activate armor in the game hense the reason I have the DS2 armor and have unlocked armor via thr Bioware in Mass Effect. Still for some reason it has not unlocked on my game and also for other people.

I refer to my previous statements as to why I am playing this game, games evolve with sequels so why be put of a franchise just because of it's predisecors! Would you rather I never tried it and just flames the game? I'm only voicing my opinion and if you feel the points I raise are not valid then so be it! However if your happy with paying for broken DLC and have a high tolerance for poor quality then we will ultimately have to accept we will never see eye to eye.

And to set the record straight I'm not the biggest Fable fan, I just feel this game is trying to emulate it......Poorly

minigolfhool
03-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Bioware got lazy, replaced RPG with combat. singling out the real fans :(

Bioware wants to sell games in the first place and this means they want it to appeal to more casual gamers in the first place. Which means they strip the games of perceived baggage and make it easier for not so hardcored players to get into the playing mechanics. I've played Origins, according to raptr, for about 47 hours and loved it, but I can understand the decisions to make the game simpler and more action oriented (and I still enjoy the new game as well). You might be a "real fan", but there's just not enough of you to make enough dough in order to make a game a big enough success. Just ask Enslaved and Vanquish about this topic - but keep a box of tissues ready (nooooo, not for THAT!).

TriRock
03-12-2011, 06:02 PM
You buy a sequel to a game you didn't like, even though it has been announced it would be more or less of the same.

You think DAII is a poor man's Fable 3.

The only glitch I've encountered is the DLC not giving achievements, which might be as much Microsoft's as Bioware's fault.

Frankly, there's no reason to take your bitching seriously.

dontgoeasyonme
03-12-2011, 06:38 PM
You buy a sequel to a game you didn't like, even though it has been announced it would be more or less of the same.

You think DAII is a poor man's Fable 3.

The only glitch I've encountered is the DLC not giving achievements, which might be as much Microsoft's as Bioware's fault.

Frankly, there's no reason to take your bitching seriously.

More or less the same game? The things that I felt where the downfall of the previous games (combat and conversation) where the big changes that Bioware shouted about being the drastic changes in this title which they are and have done brilliantly! And the amount of people I know who didn't enjoy titles only to love there sequels (Assasins creed, Mass Effect,FIFA the list goes on and on)

Your obviously just a fan boy or a troll because why come on a thread that states "Bitching Thread" and the Flame people who voice there opinion?

Greendisease
03-12-2011, 07:11 PM
To say it is Poor Mans Fable 3 is hilarious. I "watched" my kid brother playing Fable 3 at release date and realized it was just as much shit as the first 2 games. I am still baffled as to why people ever made a big deal about the Fable series. IMHO, it was too much hype for piss poor game play. DA blows the doors off these games.

jack3auer
03-12-2011, 08:10 PM
its a waste of time posting responses in these "hater" threads, if you dont like it, why buy the next game in the series and then moan about it on a forum. if i found a game i disliked, the last thing i would do is waste more of my time going to a forum and having a moan. i would make certain to avoid the next game in the series if i felt that strongly about it.

dontgoeasyonme
03-12-2011, 08:21 PM
its a waste of time posting responses in these "hater" threads, if you dont like it, why buy the next game in the series and then moan about it on a forum. if i found a game i disliked, the last thing i would do is waste more of my time going to a forum and having a moan. i would make certain to avoid the next game in the series if i felt that strongly about it.

Where It not for threads such as this people would not be able to voice their discontent and developers would never learn what aspects of the games they create are not working.

What I don't understand is why people scan through text and then maketheir own opinion of what has been written! Try reading previous post and truely understand what people are saying before posting tripe

uhohzombies
03-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Where It not for threads such as this people would not be able to voice their discontent and developers would never learn what aspects of the games they create are not working.

Hate to break it to you, mate, but I'm pretty sure none of the BioWare Edmonton devs are lurking this forum, much less would they care about your post.

What I don't understand is why people scan through text and then maketheir own opinion of what has been written! Try reading previous post and truely understand what people are saying before posting tripe

How about, "What I don't understand is why people scan through a game and then make their own opinion of what has been created!" People have as much right to state their opinion as you do. If you want to invalidate other folks' opinions because they are contrary to yours, then why should anyone give a rats ass about what you have to say?

As for saying DA2 is worse than Fable 3, lol. I admit I thought of Fable 3 at some points, but DA2 is still a much better designed, better playing, and more polished (yes, even with the bugs and convoluted storyline) experience. IN MY OPINION, anyway, heh...

dontgoeasyonme
03-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Hate to break it to you, mate, but I'm pretty sure none of the BioWare Edmonton devs are lurking this forum, much less would they care about your post.

How about, "What I don't understand is why people scan through a game and then make their own opinion of what has been created!" People have as much right to state their opinion as you do. If you want to invalidate other folks' opinions because they are contrary to yours, then why should anyone give a rats ass about what you have to say?

As for saying DA2 is worse than Fable 3, lol. I admit I thought of Fable 3 at some points, but DA2 is still a much better designed, better playing, and more polished (yes, even with the bugs and convoluted storyline) experience. IN MY OPINION, anyway, heh...

Lol thanks for validating my point! Had you read previous posts you would have seen my first playthrough took 34 hours, now im no master of the English language nor do I have a theseraus to hand bit I'm sure that amount of time could not be called a scan!

Also, as far I can see not one person has actually stated thus is a shit game! Nor has anybody said they hated it!

Calm down, it's just a thread for people to voice what aspects of the game can be improved on.

And as for Devs not checking forums......news flash it's not the 1980's! The games industry uses social media as a free source of information.

I really wish I never mentioned Fable and would never have compared them if I knew people could get so butt hurt, this isn't a "Fable 3 Bitch thread" although it's starting to read like one lol

JDMBO1
03-12-2011, 08:57 PM
I just can't understand the argument

The argument seems flawed and full of a favoritism. To begin with a game has to be judge of off what it offers to the public that plays it, the manner in which it is perceived, the way it operates as a hole, replay ability, and the entertainment it can provide to a community of gamers.

The one statement that I read was that, "I've played Dragon Age:Origins and did not like it" this statement in itself is reason enough, to say that you shouldn't be playing the second installment of this series. In another view it's just trying to see if the second installment to the series improves from the first one.

Yet with an argument such as Fable 3 is better then this Dragon Age II, now it's just bringing in to different game Dev companies and comparing them. This can't hold up on it's own Lion Head and Bioware are two gaming development companies. In another view Fable 3 is a good game, but does have it's faults, then again what game doesn't, on the other hand Dragon Age 2 II is just the same.

so saying that you don't like the game doesn't holds any intrinsic vale. If your going off at the mouth with baseless grounds.

TriRock
03-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Your obviously just a fan boy or a troll because why come on a thread that states "Bitching Thread" and the Flame people who voice there opinion?

Hilarious. Only your opinion is right, everybody else's doesn't count and merits only insult. Pretty unimaginative insults, on top of it. Coupled with a over-blown sense of worth how your whine fest of a thread influences the production of a multi-million franchise. Really, nothing like an entitlement princess stomping her little feet.

And yeah, I'm a bit of a troll. I can't help it, idiots bring out the asshole in me.

waxc3
03-12-2011, 09:10 PM
being level 50 and then doing the night terror quest. game over for me :(
no way i can ever beat that and my saves and autosaves are in the fade...

JDMBO1
03-12-2011, 09:22 PM
being level 50 and then doing the night terror quest. game over for me :(
no way i can ever beat that and my saves and autosaves are in the fade...
Do you save on top your other saves?

gasaraki03
03-12-2011, 09:38 PM
The game did repeat the same areas alot as you get to the end of the game. I never noticed any glitches or bugs while i played. Hate how achievements require you to beat game twice.

KillerChris8814
03-12-2011, 09:44 PM
For those of you yelling about him comparing it to Fable 3, I don't think he's saying it's as bad as Fable 3, what I think he means is they took Dragon Age and tried to "fix it" for people who aren't into "deep" RPGs and in doing so made it more Fable-esqe and that they don't do Fablelike as well as Fable. However if he is saying it's as bad as Fable 3 well, then he deserve everything he's being yelled at about. Also as he said he does think the game's horrible, just that he was disappointed. As to him saying it's glitchy, it is a little bit, in addition to the dlc and infinite glitches I've had a few minor ones in cut scenes where the picture kinda stuttered and also going from one part of the city to another usually involving Darktown it started loading and wouldn't ever end, only happened a few times and they aren't major, but it is kinda annoying.

waxc3
03-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Do you save on top your other saves?

yes. i have two saves back and forth but sadly both are inside the fade and of course the autosave is in the fade. my fault for doing the level 50 exploit i know but i wish i could just get out of the quest.

i had zero complaints about the game thus far! ive liked every second of it up until now.

xbox malex
03-12-2011, 09:46 PM
I got all the DLC so far for free with the Sig. Edition because I'm smart and it didn't cost Any more money. I experienced no bugs or glitches. (But guess what, every game has them day one, so it's not a valid point.) I did have the Blood Dragon Armor from ME2 and DA:O. The graphics are better. DA:O suffered from the same recycled environments that this game did, and so did ME and ME2 (ME2 not as bad). Stop whining and wait for updates.

JDMBO1
03-12-2011, 09:49 PM
yes. i have two saves back and forth but sadly both are inside the fade and of course the autosave is in the fade. my fault for doing the level 50 exploit i know but i wish i could just get out of the quest.

i had zero complaints about the game thus far! ive liked every second of it up until now.
Um, the best tactic is running around and then weaving into your opponent and doing some damage then persisting to run around

edit: are you a Rouge?

twhiting9275
03-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Some people will just complain about anything. Seriously, take a hint. If you didn't like the first game, you weren't going to like the second one, and your opinion really matters not at all.

There ARE issues with the second game, but there is much more value in the second game than the first. Don't like it? Don't play it, it's just that simple

dontgoeasyonme
03-12-2011, 10:04 PM
For those of you yelling about him comparing it to Fable 3, I don't think he's saying it's as bad as Fable 3, what I think he means is they took Dragon Age and tried to "fix it" for people who aren't into "deep" RPGs and in doing so made it more Fable-esqe and that they don't do Fablelike as well as Fable. However if he is saying it's as bad as Fable 3 well, then he deserve everything he's being yelled at about. Also as he said he does think the game's horrible, just that he was disappointed. As to him saying it's glitchy, it is a little bit, in addition to the dlc and infinite glitches I've had a few minor ones in cut scenes where the picture kinda stuttered and also going from one part of the city to another usually involving Darktown it started loading and wouldn't ever end, only happened a few times and they aren't major, but it is kinda annoying.

At last! Someone bothered to read what was written

waxc3
03-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Um, the best tactic is running around and then weaving into your opponent and doing some damage then persisting to run around

edit: are you a Rouge?

thanks. member UhOhZombies saved me by teaching me how to use the wheel. sorry to scoot it off topic

lucaspl
03-12-2011, 11:30 PM
This game is just too buggy and glitchy... I was doing a companion quest for Feneris (the elf) and when I got to the end I just found out that I DONT have him in my party.......... Got so mad because I cant 1) Finish it without him 2) Go back and pick him up and 3) Kill that Magister and come back with him so he could see the body. I was trying to get all companions friendly and finish every possible quest but now it is impossible. Loved the first Dragon Age but the second one just made think of it as cheap mix of Mass Effect with Dragon Age. They should have released it first, before Dragon Age Origins...

One of the many bugs I have encountered...
YouTube - Dragon Age II - Disabled Character...

twhiting9275
03-13-2011, 12:12 AM
This game is just too buggy and glitchy...
Hardly. I'm pretty much done with it, and have YET to find one gamebreaking 'bug' or 'glitch' to it.

I was doing a companion quest for Feneris (the elf) and when I got to the end I just found out that I DONT have him in my party..........

That's not a 'bug', that's your own fault. This is called common sense. You couldn't do the companion quests in the first one without the member in your party, what makes you think the second would be any different?

If you play the game PROPERLY, as it's INTENDED to be played (not trying to exploit cheats, bugs, etc), it'll be a reasonably decent playthrough. I've yet to run across any gamebreaking bugs by any means.

lucaspl
03-13-2011, 12:34 AM
Well, for any other companion quest the game was automatically locking the companion in the party but for this one it doesn't (at least for me and few other people that had problem with it). I wouldn't have been that pissed if I had a save just before that quest but my last save is like 5 hours before where I am now so trust me you would get pissed and I am sure that it is just impossible to remember every single thing that you have to do. btw. I am NOT using any glitches or anything. They just happen NATURALLY when I play. I am enjoying the game but the bugs are just annoying as they make the game look unfinished in my opinion.

twhiting9275
03-13-2011, 01:13 AM
Well, for any other companion quest the game was automatically locking the companion in the party
Not so. I've been through a number of them, some of the companions multiple quests, and only with a few are they 'locked in' to the party itself. These are main plot quests, not companion quests. While companion quests can (in some cases) be completed without having the companion in your party (ie: go see so and so at their room in the tavern), a bit of common sense would tell you that if you're going somewhere out of town (ie: to the mountain for Meril's quest), you need that party member IN your party.

The game doesn't lock the companion into your party because the game doesn't KNOW where you're going to go next. It gives you the OPTION to go multiple places, and have multiple quest lines going at once. I've had as many as 6 'companion' quests going at once, a couple times multiple quests with the same person. Locking in the party member is a bad idea.

Again, not a bug at all.

Grammaton Dryad
03-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Lol I have put 500+ hours into Mass Effect!

well since ME1 was about 50% shooter and 50% RPG and ME2 was hardly an RPG at all (easily more than even being called "mostly a shooter"), I'd say you're not an RPG player. Sorry.

And for the record I loved both ME1 & 2. Despite DA2 being a good action RPG, DA:O is a far superior RPG. So disregarding my comments as a "fanboy" is just silly.

Simplified and limited play hurts RPGs and role play. Less choices and less tinkering/customization literally is the opposite of RPGs. I have to agree with the poster who played Origins 12 times and awakening 5.

The OP doesn't know what he's talking about because he's not an RPG player, he just thinks he is (not that this makes your opinions invalid, but I'd argue that you're not a credible source with regards to being a critic of RPGs).

Just because you love driving around and doing races in GTA doesn't make you a good critic of Forza or GT or any other racing SIM.

Your argument is invalid IMHO. And I apologize if my post comes off with a tone or the intention of flaming; that is not my intent.

Yaymez
03-13-2011, 02:07 AM
You paid money for a game you didn't like.

Cool story bro.

It isn't a bad game by any means, it has a few flaws, but then again so do most games. If you are angry/disappointed with it, you can always take it back or exchange it for something else.

These 'hate' type threads are always fascinating. It is either a veiled attempt at trolling, bitching for the sake of bitching or fruitlessly complaining about something that a) you will never be able to change or b) would better be served constructively directly on the Bioware forums.

Creating a thread to complain/criticise a game will not bring you any closer to getting your money back.

Alternatively you could chalk this up to a poorly educated personal purchase (considering you did not favour the first one) and wait for Mass Effect 3.

dontgoeasyonme
03-13-2011, 02:40 AM
well since ME1 was about 50% shooter and 50% RPG and ME2 was hardly an RPG at all (easily more than even being called "mostly a shooter"), I'd say you're not an RPG player. Sorry.

And for the record I loved both ME1 & 2. Despite DA2 being a good action RPG, DA:O is a far superior RPG. So disregarding my comments as a "fanboy" is just silly.

Simplified and limited play hurts RPGs and role play. Less choices and less tinkering/customization literally is the opposite of RPGs. I have to agree with the poster who played Origins 12 times and awakening 5.

The OP doesn't know what he's talking about because he's not an RPG player, he just thinks he is (not that this makes your opinions invalid, but I'd argue that you're not a credible source with regards to being a critic of RPGs).

Just because you love driving around and doing races in GTA doesn't make you a good critic of Forza or GT or any other racing SIM.

Your argument is invalid IMHO. And I apologize if my post comes off with a tone or the intention of flaming; that is not my intent.

I was only saying Mass Effect as an example because I'm showing it's not an anti Bioware thing! I have been playing RPG's since I had a Comador 64 through to Zelda on the SNES to serious stuff like Phantsy star online on the Dreamcast to modern stuff like Runescape and WoW.

Maybe you can PM you're phone number so I can text you asking what I should wear tomorrow lol. Thanks for setting me straight though .....#[

dontgoeasyonme
03-13-2011, 02:44 AM
You paid money for a game you didn't like.

Cool story bro.

It isn't a bad game by any means, it has a few flaws, but then again so do most games. If you are angry/disappointed with it, you can always take it back or exchange it for something else.

These 'hate' type threads are always fascinating. It is either a veiled attempt at trolling, bitching for the sake of bitching or fruitlessly complaining about something that a) you will never be able to change or b) would better be served constructively directly on the Bioware forums.

Creating a thread to complain/criticise a game will not bring you any closer to getting your money back.

Alternatively you could chalk this up to a poorly educated personal purchase (considering you did not favour the first one) and wait for Mass Effect 3.

Can you please Quote me saying I did not like this game? I searched again and still cant see it! Also please quote some one saying they hate it? Hey cowboy get of your high horse lol

I have stopped my 2nd playthrough short of starting Sebastians duty missions in act 1 and will play the game again when more DLC comes out, and judging by the fact you can get ME2 only a year latter for 8 brand new I will probably wait.

I'm glad you liked my story "bro"

tripleb2k
03-13-2011, 04:08 AM
Only problem I have with this game is the new Combat System. Having to mash A isn't that bad, I'm used to it with other games. Only issue is trying to do that and look after your party members. Sometimes I get tunnel vision and focus on the enemy I'm currently fighting. Even with tactics enabled, they still make stupid mistakes and die. Just annoying that I have to button mash yet be focused on my allies while trying to kill multiple enemies at once.
Aside from that, good game. I enjoyed it. Now, onto my second playthrough!

Grammaton Dryad
03-13-2011, 04:29 AM
I was only saying Mass Effect as an example because I'm showing it's not an anti Bioware thing! I have been playing RPG's since I had a Comador 64 through to Zelda on the SNES to serious stuff like Phantsy star online on the Dreamcast to modern stuff like Runescape and WoW.

Maybe you can PM you're phone number so I can text you asking what I should wear tomorrow lol. Thanks for setting me straight though .....#[

Zelda is an action adventure game not an RPG and in your gamercard you have loaded up less than 5 RPGs.

You don't know what you're talking about. And since you namely at responding to the comments of other rather than the content of the discussion that YOU started...its safe to say this thread is worthless of anyone else's attention.

With a response like that I can see that this isn't a "bitching thread" but a "oh look at me i'm bored and want attention thread" since that's all this is.

So have fun in the quote/respond screen thinking about how to cleverly make yourself look "awesome" on the internet.

You deserve my attention and time no longer. Take it easy, hope you find some new hobbies.

Jumnious
03-13-2011, 05:50 AM
I was somewhat bemused by the story but towards the end of Act 2 and watching how the relationships make you emotionally involved, I loved the game. By the time the credits started rolling I had times where I was perplexed by a mage I had grown to respect, morally compromised on what to do concerning the mage vs. templar situations, the frustration of defending mages only to find so many blood mages (not counting Hawke's mother).

It has a great story; I was far more emotionally/mentally involved then DA:O which just seemed a chore to amuse my companions. I was very intrigued with the mention of the Warden being missing along with the Champion.

DA3 will be really interesting.

Blue Thunder28
03-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Wait is this about bitching about the game or about the one guy's opinion?

Anyway I 100% agree with Jumnious (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=37219) above me.. spot on.

This was an amazing in-between game to set up the 3rd one greatly.

dontgoeasyonme
03-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Zelda is an action adventure game not an RPG and in your gamercard you have loaded up less than 5 RPGs.

You don't know what you're talking about. And since you namely at responding to the comments of other rather than the content of the discussion that YOU started...its safe to say this thread is worthless of anyone else's attention.

With a response like that I can see that this isn't a "bitching thread" but a "oh look at me i'm bored and want attention thread" since that's all this is.

So have fun in the quote/respond screen thinking about how to cleverly make yourself look "awesome" on the internet.

You deserve my attention and time no longer. Take it easy, hope you find some new hobbies.

Lmfao, well according to 360voice.com I have played 9 (10 including this)! But you probably wouldnt agree with them, I mean what do they know? Your the one who decides what category a game falls into. And if you think that I only game on my 360 it just goes to show how ignorant your small mind is.

No one has decided to discuss the points I raised because they are valid points hense the fact I have not needed to defend it, instead it just seems I am being attacked for daring to start a thread about peoples favorite game. To clarify I never said any of the precious DA series is a bad game! Not once, never!!! You can actually read the posts if you don't believe me!

I get the impression they made a south park about guys like you, Make love not Warcraft :D kek kek kek

sparkingconduit
03-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Some people will just complain about anything. Seriously, take a hint. If you didn't like the first game, you weren't going to like the second one, and your opinion really matters not at all.

There ARE issues with the second game, but there is much more value in the second game than the first. Don't like it? Don't play it, it's just that simple

You know, this argument is starting to get a little tired and sounding more and more stupid every time a new poster uses it. Guess what? I rather disliked the first game and really enjoy the second one. Why? Because they changed everything I didn't really care for in the first game.

Wow, shocker! There's no way I could like it because I hated the first one so that means I must hate all installments of the same series, right?! I mean, after all, I can't imagine someone enjoying Resident Evil 4 when they hated all the other Resident Evil games. It's not like they're at all different or cater to different groups of people!

Like it or not, the TC does have a legitimate point. The game is rather flawed. Saves corrupted, at least three unique infinite EXP and item duplication glitches, areas not loading properly, broken achievements, this game has all these things in spades. It's simply not polished. Granted, that doesn't have to make or break a game for you, but it does for some people.

I have to ask: if he hadn't mentioned that he disliked the first game, would all of you have been jumping down his throat so vehemently? It almost seems that that is the only excuse half of you can come up with for why his opinion is invalid.

waxc3
03-13-2011, 07:19 PM
ive never had to look after my companion in this! in dragon age origins my companions died nonstop. i tried to alter their tactics and always made it worse. in this game they are kicking ass all by themselves and havent died once (other than in night terrors)

wizzlestick
03-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Ok it's inevitable that a thread like this would be created so let me start the ball rolling, I'm not angry that after having DA1 and Awakenings and not really enjoying them I decided against my good judgement to spend 40 on this game. I'm not angry that having blood Armor in ME2 and DA that they didn't give it to me in this game. I'm not angry that I spent 560MSP on DLC that doesn't give me the achievements I earned. I'm not angry that you punish day of release purchasers by selling them a flawed game full of bugs and glitches. I'm not angry that you think I have the attention span of a goldfish and that I won't realize that the rooms are Generic and I wont realize or never notice I have been here before. I'm not angry you fixed all the gripes about DA1 and gave it beautiful graphics but made it feel like a poor mans Fable 3.

I'm not angry.......I'm disappointed!

You mad bro?

dontgoeasyonme
03-13-2011, 10:23 PM
You mad bro?

I'm not! Thought I had made that clear lol