PDA

View Full Version : Merrill Friendship?

Delta 088
03-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Hi

I've been trying to get the whole Merrill romance going, but don't seem to have high enough approval to unlock her last quest that makes it go forward ('a new path?') So far:

- I'm in 'Act 3'
- I'm sitting just below the friendship level (where her friend ability unlocks)
- I've found the two gifts for her (the ring and the wooden halla?)

Does anyone know of any late game quests which Merrill is very involved with and I can get lots of friendship points from? if so, help would be much appreciated.

Delta

Kinky Buns
03-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Try getting her companion gear from the dalish shop? I don't really know any quests for her in Act 3 because she was already maxed for me then and approval stopped showing up. Pretty much any quests that you can do to help mages or other people that go against the Templars might help.

Go to your house at night too, I remember she has a few cuts-cenes with the dog.

adz5000
03-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Merrill (Mage)

Recruitment: Joins the party automatically after the Long Way Home quest.

Personality: You will be shocked to find this out, but as a mage she gains rivalry whenever you choose conversation that supports the templars or side with them in quests.
Friend: Support her opinions
Rival: Criticize or completely disagree with her opinions

Home Location: Merrill’s Home

Companion Quests:

ACT I: Welcome Home – Complete the Long Way Home main quest. Then visit her home in the Lowtown’s Elven Alienage to begin this companion starter quest.

Nice Crime You Have Around Here – Complete the Wayward Son main quest. Then visit her again for another mini-companion quest.

ACT II: Consoling Words: Mini-companion quest for visiting her at her home at the start of the Act

Mirror Image: Complete the main quest, Blackpowder Courtesy, and speak to her at her home. She must be in your party for you to gain access to this quest. Go to Sundermount and talk to Keeper Marethari to start ‘Honoring the Fallen’. Doing this will complete Mirror Image.

Friend: Simply accept and undertake this quest & after killing the Varterral, select one of the following dialogue options - “Do you want some time?” or “Don’t Blame Yourself”. Also give the Arunlin’holm to her

Rival: Refuse to undertake this quest or after killing the Varterral select the dialogue option “Don’t waste your tears” to gain medium rivalry and “Why did you run?” gives high rivalry. You can also withhold the Arunlin’holm from her

Questioning Beliefs [50% Companion Quest] – If you are already along the friendship path, almost any dialogue will boost it further. If along the rival path, choose “Just making sure you’re all right”, “I’m here for you” and “she pays by the lecture” for the rivalry boost.

ACT III: A Talking To - Mini-companion quest for visiting her at her home at the start of the Act

A New Patch – Complete the main story quest, ‘On the Loose’ and her mini-companion quest ‘A Talking To’ to gain access to this quest. You must complete this quest to be able to romance Merrill.
Friend: When Marethari dies, blame the Keeper to gain friendship
Rival: Select the dialogue options “You weren’t listening” and then “That’s not up to you”

I take no credit for this as it is from the The Gift, Armor Upgrades, Romance and Companion Guide by FSparacino4 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=364135)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=299124

Poganin
03-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Actually, I found that I got the most rivalry points with Merril when I commented on blood magic and demons being evil. Merrill seems extremely sensitive about those two issues. For example, in the "Forbidden Knowledge" quest you get +10 Rivalry points each time you destroy the blood magic books. It's also a good idea not to pick conversation options that lead to attacking demons: Merrill doesn't seem to like that either.

Delta 088
03-13-2011, 03:12 AM
Thanks everyone :D