PDA

View Full Version : Quest " Mine Massacre " at The Bone Pit Beware

Alucard9184
03-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I just made it through of one of the toughest battle in DA 2 so far in the game i went to do the quest " Mine Massacre " i think in is act 3 but i never was prepare for this a Fight with a " High Dragon " way different like the rest of the dragon i kill so far if i knew i would had bring a heavy DPS party i had Merril,Anders,Varric and Hawke and it was almost a massacre really i had not save for a while and the autosave was usless i only had 6 health potion and 5 Stamina potion and lyrium potion 7 and some how i was able to kill the SOB LOL i was so happy i had so share it with some one at the end of the battle i remember something and i felt so stupid i could have change the difficulty from hard to normal or even casual for i forgot with all fighting and trying to keep alive i just wanted to posy this so if any one who is about to do this quest at least be more prepare than i was LOL.

P.s the loot on the Dragon is kool u get the part of the set of Warplate of the Champion among the quest item for the herbalist quest the dragon blood

slyweasel2
03-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Honestly, I have no idea what you just wrote. I was mildly interested but your lack of punctuation made it hard to read.

MASS DOMINATION
03-12-2011, 06:46 PM
a big block of text and no punctuation made your post almost unreadable.

I did read it though and while i agree the dragon was a tougher battle than most, it wasn't anything special. the autosave feature had me spawn right before the door that lead to the dragon, so it was the perfect spot for me.

Greendisease
03-12-2011, 06:59 PM
I have not reached this point in they game yet. Thanks for the heads up. Agreeing with the others, try some punctuation next time. That was a tough read.

Kinky Buns
03-12-2011, 07:31 PM
I finished that quest without losing a single person, it's quite easy as long as you keep your mages out of the way and make sure they AOE at the right times.

RedDwarfUK
03-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Go easy on the guy, it maybe a second language? That said, he should still punctuate ;)

Alucard9184
03-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Well thanks all the one's the were an ass, I did not care for the punctuation since i was posting it from my blackberry. I just wanted to share about the game for the one who find it useful good

dontgoeasyonme
03-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Wow, just wow! Is there no end to people being total sacks on this? Who cares that there where no full stops! Get a fucking life

GhOsT SLaYeR
03-13-2011, 12:03 AM
I would say, it is not as hard as your making it out to be. I did it with only using 5 potions of health and a couple stamina. If you had other poisons / grenades you can damage the dragon easily..

I had Andres, Merril, Verrik... I used a poison that goes on your blade that makes your enemy take more damage to magic with each hit you take. Which helps when you use two mages in your party.

MASS DOMINATION
03-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Well thanks all the one's the were an ass, I did not care for the punctuation since i was posting it from my blackberry. I just wanted to share about the game for the one who find it useful good
Wow, just wow! Is there no end to people being total sacks on this? Who cares that there where no full stops! Get a fucking life

no one was being rude. I don't care for punctuation but some amount is needed to make what ever you are trying to say readable. Several people said it was hard to read (including me) and the lack of periods and most basic grammar rules is the reason why. I'm sure the period button isn't that hard to find on a blackberry.

Blue Thunder28
03-13-2011, 07:36 AM
Actually it's not a high dragon it's a mature dragon. Still difficult to kill though

It's a High Dragon.

The only "difficulty" I had with it was that it just took ages! It was what the Archdemon battle in Origins should have been for sure.

HostilePlatypus
03-13-2011, 07:47 AM
High Dragon was a pain. The first time I battled it I only brought melee which was obviously a bad idea...I got wreaked. Second time around I decided to do all the other quests before the last straw...and I brought Sebastian this time around so he could shoot at the dragon while he was on that ledge.

Apart from Isabela dieing and losing all my potions it was fine. But the High Dragon battle is most definitely the hardest fight in the game.

Alucard9184
03-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Actually it's not a high dragon it's a mature dragon. Still difficult to kill though

It is a high dragon, because i got the achievement after i kill it

Is is after u become the champion and u get this quest if u became business parent with " Hubert " at Hightown .

Alucard9184
03-13-2011, 08:06 AM
I would say, it is not as hard as your making it out to be. I did it with only using 5 potions of health and a couple stamina. If you had other poisons / grenades you can damage the dragon easily..

I had Andres, Merril, Verrik... I used a poison that goes on your blade that makes your enemy take more damage to magic with each hit you take. Which helps when you use two mages in your party.

The reason for me it was hard is because i forgot that i had it in Hard difficulty. belief me is much harder that way besides i was level 17 i think LOL

Graivul
03-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Sooooo glad this hasn't gone down the path of so many games lately and tagged on the dreaded difficulty based achievements. Good to know that if you are getting owned, you can just drop the difficulty and on you go :)

lordskorrkeeper
03-16-2011, 01:09 AM
A video I made of the fight and how I set it up, playing on Normal this play-through although this worked on hard when I did it as well with my Blood Mage and would prob work on Nightmare with a few tweaks.

YouTube - Dragon Age 2: Dragon Slayer Achievement. (25G).

MADasaHatter
03-16-2011, 01:52 AM
RPG's need more dragons.

I honestly enjoyed this fight more than the last boss of Origins.