PDA

View Full Version : Romance problem?

Sonic204
03-12-2011, 06:01 PM
So, I did the romance fine in DA:O, and I was pretty sure it was going great in DA2. I talked to Isabela all the time, I did her quest(s), we slept together once or twice, and her friendship stayed 100% the whole time. I beat the game last night but no achievement popped up for completing the Romance. I'm pretty sure now it's too late, which is why I'm annoyed. But what did I do wrong?

Kinky Buns
03-12-2011, 06:11 PM
You only get one chance to be with Isabela. After you sleep with her you have to ask all 3 of the "?" questions before you try the romance or she's lost for the game. I managed to salvage it with Merril and got it during the Champion's big speech near the end of the game.

Sonic204
03-12-2011, 06:15 PM
You only get one chance to be with Isabela. After you sleep with her you have to ask all 3 of the "?" questions before you try the romance or she's lost for the game. I managed to salvage it with Merril and got it during the Champion's big speech near the end of the game.
Ah, shiz. Well, I'm doing a second playthrough. Should I try again with Isabela, or Merrill? Whichever is easiest is what I'll do. I don't think I noticed any ? choices when I talked to her, just options with the heart, which I always chose. At one point in the game, I'm pretty sure she asked me if we could be together, right before Act III I think, or during it. But maybe I'm wrong, and didn't do it right.

Kinky Buns
03-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Honestly, Merril is extremely easy to do, Just always side with the mages and save often incase you do mess something up, I had 100% approval with her during act 2 so it's not THAT difficult, just make sure she moves in and you'll get it somewhere near the end of the game.

Also always choose the top option when talking to her as well, you get most approval points for making her feel better and reassuring her about things. Humor works as well though sometimes, and of course flirting lol

Sonic204
03-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Honestly, Merril is extremely easy to do, Just always side with the mages and save often incase you do mess something up, I had 100% approval with her during act 2 so it's not THAT difficult, just make sure she moves in and you'll get it somewhere near the end of the game.

Also always choose the top option when talking to her as well, you get most approval points for making her feel better and reassuring her about things. Humor works as well though sometimes, and of course flirting lol

Ooh, I see. Well, I reloaded an autosave before the final battle and I'm going back and doing things, including the high dragon I missed. I ended up sleeping with Merrill lol. Is it too late for the romance to go anywhere, since it's Act III?