PDA

View Full Version : Easter Eggs and Great Convos

MADasaHatter
03-13-2011, 12:47 AM
So I figured every bioware game has these, so we should compile them. Spoilers are all over this so if you don't mind missing out on some plot details, please post what you find.

The first I found was one of the letters I got at the end of Act I. I read the first line and knew exactly what it was. The letter describes a royal figure from another country wanting to transfer his funds and how he needs your treasury to hold all of his money. Yes, it's a play on the scam usually seen in emails but more importanly it was last seen as one of the messages Commander Shepard receives in Mass Effect 2 (just add aliens).
Seeing Sandal back from DA 1 was good for a laugh. But having him in the Deep Roads freeze an Ogre and then say it was "Not Enchantment!" had me LOL.

SpinelesS
03-13-2011, 01:45 AM
There is a guy in the hanging man (talkative man) who often breaks the 4th wall (comments about how he feels like he is character, and that the world seems simpler now)

a couple I heard about but have yet to see:

If you look out one of the windows in your mansion you get a reference to the ugly naked guy from friends.

when Isabella is offered a ship by a desire demon she says "what can I say? I like big boats and I cannot lie" a reference to the song baby got back.

Treabor21
03-13-2011, 03:22 AM
Im not that far into the game, but I did get a laugh after talking to a drunk Alistair, and one of the things he says is how its all Morrigans fault.

pms
03-13-2011, 03:57 AM
Item names are probably pretty good. Off the top of the head, there is a belt named "Rock Band".

ODST Kayne
03-13-2011, 04:27 AM
You also get a letter advertising male enhancement....just like ME2. Is your soldier not standing at attention? Flag flying at half mast? I was very disappointed to see that I could not follow up on the letter. :D :D :D

REDEMPTIONDENIED
03-13-2011, 05:18 AM
My favorite is between Varric, Isabela, and Aveline

Varric: I'm telling you, the one I have is THIS big.
Isabela: You're lying. I have held hundreds of those in my hands and none have ever been that size!
Varric: Hey, would I lie about something this critical?
Aveline: (Asks what they are talking about.)
Isabela: Daggers, of course. Why? What did you think we were talking about?

Breeding
03-13-2011, 05:23 AM
I got a kick out the bartender mentioning a drop in the pigeon population, made me miss Shale.

II OE II
03-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Donnic: Will someone please tell me whats going on?!
Varric: Let me draw a picture of where she wants to touch you.

MADasaHatter
03-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Isabella: "Hello ... in there. Can I ... speak to Anders?"
Anders: "You don't have to do that, you know. I'm right here."
Isabella: "Oh. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't talking to that stick in the mud."
Anders: "So what is it? You wanted to talk to me?"
Isabella: "No, not really."

I paraphrased the convo I know but I was laughing through most of it and missed some of the details.

SpinelesS
03-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Isabella: "Hello ... in there. Can I ... speak to Anders?"
Anders: "You don't have to do that, you know. I'm right here."
Isabella: "Oh. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't talking to that stick in the mud."
Anders: "So what is it? You wanted to talk to me?"
Isabella: "No, not really."

I paraphrased the convo I know but I was laughing through most of it and missed some of the details.

Isabela has the best conversations.

So far my favorite one was between her and Bethany. I don't remember the whole conversation but it starts out with Bethany asking about a book Isabela has called "Andraste and the maker's spear" with bethany saying that he never had a spear, and Isabela getting her to read a passage from the book. And yes, the spear is a euphemism.

SpinelesS
03-15-2011, 10:22 PM
At the very start of the deep roads expedition two expedition hirelings are talking about how sandal went missing and one of them says:

"I heard if you wander around in the dark you will get eaten by a Grue"

A reference to the Zork games :)

Worhammer
03-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Im not that far into the game, but I did get a laugh after talking to a drunk Alistair, and one of the things he says is how its all Morrigans fault.
I suspected this might happen after one of my playthroughs and the ending where you ditch Alistair and it says he goes off and turns into a drunk. Cool that they actually follow through with it.

It was cool seeing Zevran and Leliana. I'm wondering if Leliana will still be there in my next playthrough (going to play with my other completed save, where she was the love interest of the hero who died instead of them just being friends)...

adz5000
03-15-2011, 11:01 PM
I haven't experienced it myself buy a friend of mine said that in The Rose(the brothel) he spoke to a dwarf and he said;

"So, you wanna explore the Deep Roads ?"

This had me laughing.

Kinesis
03-15-2011, 11:06 PM
I had a very strange conversation come up when I went out with Merill, Isabella and Anders.

The set up for it was that I had shagged Isabella, then turned Anders down in the bedroom at the last minute before finally romancing Merill and asking her to move in.

The whole gist of the conversation centred around Anders being pissed at me, and how I wouldn't be happy with Merill. Throughout the conversation it turned out I was still seeing Isabella, and that Merill knew about it and was fine with the whole thing. Anders was still pissed.

There was also an earlier conversation again with Isabella where she engaged in some girly chat about how my manly warrior Hawke goes all night long. Very amusing.

WhIpLaSh 014
03-15-2011, 11:12 PM
So I figured every bioware game has these, so we should compile them. Spoilers are all over this so if you don't mind missing out on some plot details, please post what you find.

Seeing Sandal back from DA 1 was good for a laugh. But having him in the Deep Roads freeze an Ogre and then say it was "Not Enchantment!" had me LOL.
The funnier thing about this: If you approach the Ogre and you hit it, you'll get hurt from it :P

BlueWolf
03-16-2011, 12:32 AM
I agree with Isabella's convo's being the best. Her constant attempts at corrupting Bethany are hilarious. Also the fact she calls Aveline Lady man hands.

I never got Zevran to appear in my game :(, although Isabella did mention what a good lover he was, Anoura never showed up either, although I had drunk Alastair

SpinelesS
03-16-2011, 02:14 AM
It may be my imagination, but every now and then I swear I can hear the smoke monster from Lost...

Meancode
03-16-2011, 02:53 AM
Item names are probably pretty good. Off the top of the head, there is a belt named "Rock Band".

Oh I rolled when I read that. Too bad it was a belt and not a ring.

mystic_wolf83
03-16-2011, 03:16 AM
"I want some pie." -Sandal

bakeryfreshgame
03-16-2011, 03:29 AM
I've heard the talkative man in The Hanged Man also say "I wish the person telling this story would make me more attractive" or something along those lines.
I also laughed when I found a belt called Seven Deadly Cinch (seven deadly sins).
Merrill's reaction to Aveline's "date" was also quite amusing but that was days ago and I can't remember what was said.

Hawkeye31337
03-16-2011, 03:33 AM
I don't know if anyone mentioned this or not but I found a pretty awesome item:

Zoey's Boots of Horde Kicking

Yeah, a reference to Zoey from Left 4 Dead and the horde of zombies she fights. I about flipped when I saw that (easily my favorite game). It was in one of the Deep Roads missions in Act II (I think).

littlejay
03-16-2011, 03:34 AM
Alistair did show up for me but in Act 3 as the king and said Meredith took his man hood after she chewed him out and left.

then anders asks him if he used to be a grey warden and he says "that's the rumor" then he stops and looks at anders and says "were you?" and anders says "that's the rumor"

TriRock
03-16-2011, 09:59 AM
During the 'Dissent' quest, I fought somme dwarven lyrium smugglers and looted some mighty fine trousers off his body, giving me a quest 'The One True Pantaloons'. A nice nod to the Baldur's Gate pantaloon quest line.

EnteringtheCosmos
03-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Isabella and Merrill have some great conversations as does Isabella and Aveline, especially the sex talk lol. Sometimes I just take these with me just to hear them talk even though some of them don't suit a certain fight or quest :)

Komrade Vasilevsky
03-16-2011, 01:12 PM
I can't seem to find it on the DA Wiki, but there's a hilarious conversation between Varric and Merrill regarding dwarves, elves, and frolicking in the forests.

Vermillion Haze
03-16-2011, 02:55 PM
I remember a good one where Isabella was prying to Aveline and Donnic's sex life. Going so far as to state like 100 innuendo's like "Save your maker" "Cup your Joining" etc.

KSU DS
03-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Yet again Isabella,
Isabella asking Fenris about his "fisting" ability?
Fenris is like "What????"
Isabella "You know when you punch people in the chest."

HeartbreakRidge
03-16-2011, 03:36 PM
I remember a good one where Isabella was prying to Aveline and Donnic's sex life. Going so far as to state like 100 innuendo's like "Save your maker" "Cup your Joining" etc.

my favorite was "arl your eamon."

:eek:

Meancode
03-16-2011, 05:31 PM
I laughed quite a bit when finding out Anders had a cat named sir-pounce-a-lot.

pms
03-16-2011, 06:47 PM
During Fenris' companion quest in the hanged man bar, if you select the "draw your weapon" option, you'll shout "It's a trap" -- a reference to Admiral Ackbar in Star Wars

The Talkative man will randomly say "The truth is out there" -- a reference to The X-Files

bakeryfreshgame
03-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Yet again Isabella,
Isabella asking Fenris about his "fisting" ability?
Fenris is like "What????"
Isabella "You know when you punch people in the chest."

I'd forgotten about that one! One of the first things that made me fully laugh in the game.

MADasaHatter
03-16-2011, 07:03 PM
I can't seem to find it on the DA Wiki, but there's a hilarious conversation between Varric and Merrill regarding dwarves, elves, and frolicking in the forests.

Ha. I liked that one as well.Varric asks if Merrill does a lot of frolicking and singing in the woods. Merrill responds "Of course we do. We're elves." But then goes onto add that they don't do it a lot because it makes the trees jealous.

Edit:

LMFAO
So I was just playing and I visited the Bone Pit with my party.
Isabella: "There was a brothel on the other side of the city called the 'Bone Pit'. It was ... entirely different from this."

littlejay
03-16-2011, 07:11 PM

the cat was part of the awakening expansion in the first one. and funny thing is the cat didnt like justice :p

Opiate42
03-16-2011, 07:54 PM
I haven't gotten very far but so far I've been laughing my ass off. One of my favs was a three-way conversation between Anders, Isabella and Varric. Isabella seems to be able to get anyone to talk about sex...it's hilarious!

Paraphrasing a fair bit, was a few days ago:
Isabella & Anders talking about people they "know", guess they hang around the same swingers groups.

Isabella: oh right! Are you that mage that does the "electricity" thing?
Anders: yup that's me
Varric: I don't think I want to know this about you two
Isabella: (not voiced, only came up as a subtitle): okay we can't talk like this around Mr. He Who Never Has Sex

Le Hooch
03-16-2011, 08:27 PM
If you talk to Aveline in the Hanged Man she describes it as "a hive of scum and villainy" which is almost verbatim how Obi-Wan describes the bar in Mos Eisley (he starts with wretched). Maybe I'm reading too much into it but Bioware's been pretty sly before and it makes me happy to think that's what it is.
Just thought of another one, at the start of "Fools Rush In" Varric responds to Isabella saying "That's right up there with 'I've got a bad feeling about this'." Which is a Han quote. I'll be keeping an eye out for more.

MADasaHatter
03-16-2011, 10:11 PM
How is this for Bioware being self aware?

Talkative Man: "I have this weird feeling that everything is getting simpler. Everything from eating to fighting is just easier to do."

Bravo

Magicman10893
03-17-2011, 02:25 AM
I can't remember this conversation with Isabela that well, but Aveline tells her how confident she is in herself now and Isabela says, "What if I called you a manly man in a woman's body?" and Aveline says, "I'd call you a whore." and then Isabela responds with, "That's my girl!"

Also
Sandal - "Can I have some Salamanders please?"
Bodahn - "Don't do it! That's where the 'boom' comes from, I think!"

EDIT: Just remembered when you first meet Isabela she mentions she had sex with the Hero of Fereldan (Warden from DA:O). I thought this was hilarious because Hawke is related to the Human Mage Warden from Origins, so in closing Isabela has sex with you and your cousin. Then later in the game if you bring Isabela to the mission that Zevran appears in the Isabela will offer to have sex with Zevran and you can choose to say that you want in on the action. So, both Zevran and Isabela have been involved in an orgy with both protagonists, who in my case, happen to be cousins.

bakeryfreshgame
03-17-2011, 04:20 AM
How do you know they are cousins? I don't remember hearing that conversation.

On a topical note, I just walked by the Hanged Man with Isabella and she said "Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name." A reference to "Cheers" for those not old enough to remember

SectarianOrigin
03-17-2011, 06:43 AM
If you talk to the Merchant on the Wounded Coast he says "Knowing is half the battle." Among other things.

Magicman10893
03-17-2011, 08:26 AM
How do you know they are cousins? I don't remember hearing that conversation.

On a topical note, I just walked by the Hanged Man with Isabella and she said "Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name." A reference to "Cheers" for those not old enough to remember

Your mother's maiden name is Amell. The human mage warden's last name is Amell. While talking to your mother in the beginning of the game, she talks about her side of the family and mentions the Hero of Fereldan is related to them, and I believe she says cousin. This talk leads to getting the quest where you have to recover your grandfather's will from the Amell family estate basement.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Amell_family

Komrade Vasilevsky
03-17-2011, 09:13 AM
the cat was part of the awakening expansion in the first one. and funny thing is the cat didnt like justice :p

Heard this one a couple times while playing yesterday:

Merrill: You could get another cat, you know. There's one in the Lowtown market with a litter of kittens ready to wean.
Anders: You don't pay attention to templars, Qunari or politics, but you notice kittens?
Merrill: Templars, Qunari and politics don't meow and attack your feet when you're buying food.
Anders: Are there any tabbies? I'd like a tabby.

EnteringtheCosmos
03-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Isabella: Last night was exciting, you were great!
Fenris: Stop telling everyone and don't make a habit out of it.
Isabella: oooo straight to the point, I love it!
Fenris: ughaaa!

LOL basically Isabella and Fenris got it on, shame you can't see a cut scene for it.

Isabella: How do you and your husband make the bedroom department more exciting?
Aveline: That is none of your business!......but it is lacking somewhat.
Isabella: Try sticking your thumb up there, he will love it.
Aveline: I think I might be sick.

So many great lines from Isabella :)

ozzie839
03-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Isabella has some of the best, especially with Aveline in the party. One I remember when she is talking about her and Donnic in the bedroom is, "Has he ever bent you ass over tits, and hammered you like a bent nail?" hahahaha

after you hook up Donnic with Aveline Isabella start making a ton of sexual innuendos: did he kadis you kate? ,curl your toes?, pudding your peach?, dampen your divine?, explore your deep roads? ............. really enjoyed that one

SpinelesS
03-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Then later in the game if you bring Isabela to the mission that Zevran appears in the Isabela will offer to have sex with Zevran and you can choose to say that you want in on the action. So, both Zevran and Isabela have been involved in an orgy with both protagonists, who in my case, happen to be cousins.

Of course she wants to sleep with Zevran. He did kill her husband after all.

O4OUR
03-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Accidently clicking on Izzy after a battle, and she said - "Wanna lay face down in a ditch? I could recommend a great place"

or something of that nature.. took me a few seconds to catch on .. i originally thought "Why is she really mean all of a sudden.. no wait .. she's being really nice!" LOL

and something that shocked me cuz it only happened once.. my main party was Anders, Merril and Izzy.. they had a 3 way convo .. where Anders kinda "Pulled an Alistair" if you will.. where he went all childish and asked Merril who i was "In Love With" but had slept with Izzy.. something like

Anders: She's like a side dish she comes with the meal.
Izzy: Aslong as it's a good meal.

Merril also said things to set up that line but i can't remember.

Magicman10893
03-19-2011, 12:48 AM
Of course she wants to sleep with Zevran. He did kill her husband after all.

I know, me and Zevran Eiffel-Towered her in Origins twice before I figured out how to drag Leliana into it. I just thought it was funny that it just came out of the blue.
Zevran - "Thank you for your assistance. I'll be going now."
Isabela - "What about sex?"
Me - "What about me?"
Zevran - "The more the merrier!"

SpinelesS
03-19-2011, 01:42 AM
At the bone pit if you click on him Varric says:

"This place gives me the creeps. It's probably the name. They should call it 'the pie fields.' Everyone likes pie."

BigGayLawyer
03-19-2011, 04:34 AM
I know, me and Zevran Eiffel-Towered her in Origins twice before I figured out how to drag Leliana into it. I just thought it was funny that it just came out of the blue.
Zevran - "Thank you for your assistance. I'll be going now."
Isabela - "What about sex?"
Me - "What about me?"
Zevran - "The more the merrier!"
I couldn't stop laughing at that bit. Zevran was easily my favourite character in origins.

Certain areas of the mansion - 'Another one of Anders' manifestos? Has he been stuffing them in all the books?'

TrevorDaddy
03-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Isabella: Last night was exciting, you were great!
Fenris: Stop telling everyone and don't make a habit out of it.
Isabella: oooo straight to the point, I love it!
Fenris: ughaaa!

LOL basically Isabella and Fenris got it on, shame you can't see a cut scene for it.

Isabella: How do you and your husband make the bedroom department more exciting?
Aveline: That is none of your business!......but it is lacking somewhat.
Isabella: Try sticking your thumb up there, he will love it.
Aveline: I think I might be sick.

So many great lines from Isabella :)

The last line is something along the lines of Aveline asking Isabella what she's trying to accomplish and Isabella tells her, "If I get you to stick your thumb up his ass, I win." Then Anders says he thinks he's going to throw up.

Another good line is when visiting Uncle Gamlen in Act III. In the background he'll say something along the lines of "I hear you've been getting inside that pirate slut from the Hanged Man. I tried but she always turned me down."

THE TERMIN8TOR
03-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Anyone else hear the Mass Effect sounds when you go outside of Kirkwall?
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1209652712.png

N7 Johnny Clash
03-19-2011, 05:52 PM
*I think Edwina is the meanest Girl out there, but she allways gets my Cup full*

Or something like that

A Nod to Edwin From Baldurs Gate 2

MADasaHatter
03-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Alright, here's a great one folks!

So a hint on the load screen says being a patron at the Rose bar gives you a special treat from the Mistress. So here's what I found.

One of the people you get to choose from is a female elf, but when you pick her it's actually a male elf with a deep voice:(

But anyway, I kept getting more and more of the best service. And then a new option pops up for the Mistress that says "Surprise me!". You end up in this room talking to a guy and the last thing he says is

"... and then he sees broken head of the statue and realizes he's in his own world: he's in the future."

Planet of the Apes anyone?:woop:

TriRock
03-19-2011, 06:42 PM
*I think Edwina is the meanest Girl out there, but she allways gets my Cup full*

Or something like that

A Nod to Edwin From Baldurs Gate 2

Edwina is also in Dragon Age: Origins. She's working in the Gnawed Noble Tavern in Denerim.

I X I Shock I
03-19-2011, 07:20 PM

Didn't play Awakening did ya? :P Yeah, you can give him a gift cat in it, and he names it Ser-Pounce-A-Lot.

a blind beggar
03-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Gamlin's reactions to your love interests are hilarious. I remember when I was was romancing Anders and he said "I hear your living with that mage boy...I suppose I don't have to ask which one is the girl"...The humour is the best thing about this game by far.

minigolfhool
03-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Oh Gamlen, you never cease to be the (much too) creepy uncle. I just reunited him with his long lost daughter and talked to him again. So right after the daughter left he talked about me "banging that pirate slut from the Hanged Man" and how he's always thinking about how it is to have two women go at it at once.

SpinelesS
03-20-2011, 02:13 AM
After completing the Cave Crawling side mission:

"So that's what the insides of a spider smells like?"

and

"Dib's on the spider fangs. I'm going to make a necklace for my wife."

TrevorDaddy
03-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Alright, here's a great one folks!

So a hint on the load screen says being a patron at the Rose bar gives you a special treat from the Mistress. So here's what I found.

One of the people you get to choose from is a female elf, but when you pick her it's actually a male elf with a deep voice:(

But anyway, I kept getting more and more of the best service. And then a new option pops up for the Mistress that says "Surprise me!". You end up in this room talking to a guy and the last thing he says is

"... and then he sees broken head of the statue and realizes he's in his own world: he's in the future."

Planet of the Apes anyone?:woop:

Saw that last week...was kind of disappointed in this one. I was hoping for an overly effeminate gay dwarf or something. The gay dwarf prostitute in DA:O cracked me up how he would climb up on the bed and say something about what you were packing. I forget the exact line.

TrevorDaddy
03-20-2011, 12:10 PM
I hate to say it, but there is a bit too much sexual inuendo in this game. It's gone from being a mature game, to an immature distraction. A few jokes from a few select characters who's personality dictate that kind of comment is one thing. Everyone and their mother making sexual inuendo however, it way too far over the top and just reinforces the stereotype of nerdy game developers who never get any and watch japanese tenticle porn while they code and jerk off to Sailor Moon or one of those queer cartoons.

KeepEmRolling
03-20-2011, 12:30 PM
I hate to say it, but there is a bit too much sexual inuendo in this game. It's gone from being a mature game, to an immature distraction. A few jokes from a few select characters who's personality dictate that kind of comment is one thing. Everyone and their mother making sexual inuendo however, it way too far over the top and just reinforces the stereotype of nerdy game developers who never get any and watch japanese tenticle porn while they code and jerk off to Sailor Moon or one of those queer cartoons.

On that note-I have a romantic relationship with Merrill and a female Rogue. I had her in my party when we were on a mission to bring in some mages. We were in the hanging man talking to one of them and he hit on my character. Merrill told the guy his tongue wasn't raspy enough and he's wasting his time.

zaka007
03-20-2011, 01:46 PM
when i met alistair in DAII i asked him about war with orlesians, i think eamon said they would be swooping down on fereldan alistair's reaction to that was: ''yeah, swooping's bad''
in the beginning of DA:O when you first meet morrigan she says: ''you think barbarians will swoop down on you?'' alistairs reaction: ''yeah, swooping's bad''