PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have the Epic Achievement?

Post_Reaper
03-13-2011, 04:05 AM
That's the one for importing a save from Origins.

The Guide says I can only import a completed save, but I was able to import a non-completed save.

Does anyone know if the save from Origins has to be completed to get the Epic achievement?

JDMBO1
03-13-2011, 04:12 AM
I'm unsure I got Epic because I had a completed save from Origins(I don't have any DLC for DA:O:o), but if I were to assume that since it let you import a save that you'll get the achievements still.

guthmund
03-13-2011, 04:40 AM
I got it with an incomplete save.

Beat the game not 10 minutes ago, hit the credits and the achievement popped right after the one for defeating Meredith

EDIT: To prevent further panty bunching, I've thrown the spoiler tag in there. It was my mistake in assuming that in a discussion thread about an achievement for beating the game (twice with one character or once with an imported character) that any references to the end of that actual game would be frowned upon. My sincerest apologies.

Did everyone know they could import a character? Is that a spoiler? Should I fix that one as well?

Pearson
03-13-2011, 05:04 AM
I have it, just got it yesterday when I finished the game.

littlejay
03-13-2011, 06:29 AM
i beat the original but the game said my save was incomplete. as long as you can import the save you should be good

Mist
03-13-2011, 11:11 AM
I thought I'd import my character that did all the DLC plus Awakenings, but the game told me the save was incomplete, so I went with the safer option and loaded the one from the end of Origins and bam, got it.

From the looks of it, people get it anyway, but with the way some achievements are bugged...

Theslatcher
03-13-2011, 11:54 AM
i imported my save from witch hunt(imported my origins save to awakening, then that save to a dlc until the save landed on witch hunt), said nothing about "incomplete save". Got it when i finished the game.

rrushn
03-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Imported my awakenings save, told me it wasn't complete, but I received the achievement when the credits rolled.

FSparacino4
03-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Hmm that is odd because when I completed the game with an incomplete save it didn't pop for me. That is why I wrote that in the guide so it must be glitched for some. I will have to change it then.

Darkness Falls
03-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Im on my 3rd Playthrough and still don't have the achievement :(

Downesey
03-13-2011, 11:55 PM
This doesnt seem to be too clear so heres my story

didnt like dao too much so i started dragin age 2 with a save file of 6 hours (definitely not complete). just completed and got the epic achievement

you do NOT have to have a complete save file from dao to get this

CHICAG0R11LA
03-14-2011, 03:52 AM
this is glitched for me i just beat the game for the 3rd time still have not get this one..what a pain!!

Cohh
03-14-2011, 04:25 AM
Yeah, this is pretty frustrating. I beat the game a second time tonight and did not get Epic. I don't have DA:O for 360 (went PC with that one) so no save to import atm.

Perasnovitch
03-14-2011, 04:48 AM
I got epic achievement but I can't get the "Unstoppable" achievements. Didn't die at all in Act 3 and its a no-no. Won't pop.

uhohzombies
03-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Seems like it only works for people who imported a save. I beat the game a second time, just now, and no achievement popped. It, and the stupid Prince DLC which shows as fully completed on my BioWare profile, is all that's standing between me and a 100% completion for this buggy, obnoxious game that I really wanted to love. *sigh*

FSparacino4
03-14-2011, 10:10 AM
There are two achievement glitches here:

(1) Epic can't be obtained unless you import a DA: Origins save and beat the game from that.

AND

(2) Unstoppable isn't unlocking for some people on Act III so do it on Act I or II. It isn't hard because you can reload your last save if a party member gets knocked unconscious.

Cohh
03-14-2011, 12:08 PM
It, and the stupid Prince DLC which shows as fully completed on my BioWare profile, is all that's standing between me and a 100% completion for this buggy, obnoxious game that I really wanted to love. *sigh*

QFFT. In the exact same boat right here.

TriRock
03-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Got Epic, but not Unstoppable. But I can live with it, since I'll re-play this anyhow.

uhohzombies
03-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Got Epic, but not Unstoppable. But I can live with it, since I'll re-play this anyhow.

Did you import an Origins save game or did you start from scratch and beat it twice?

TriRock
03-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Did you import an Origins save game or did you start from scratch and beat it twice?

It was an imported save where I had finished everything, including Awakening and all DLC.

uhohzombies
03-14-2011, 05:31 PM
It was an imported save where I had finished everything, including Awakening and all DLC.

Ah, okay. That just reinforces the whole "it only works if you import first" thing. Thanks.

JDMBO1
03-14-2011, 05:36 PM
well with this confirmation we need Dev's to see. I'd just wish Dev's told you how active they are Tryarch

misery
03-14-2011, 07:28 PM
i just got through beating the game a 3rd time and still no achievement (lots of free time this week). being the last chievo i need, tis very annoying.

Opiate42
03-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Wow, glad I'm still on my first run and am not caring too much about achievements at the moment seeing as how they seem to be so...troublesome. Hope they patch it up before I start my 2nd (or 3rd) run....