PDA

View Full Version : ETA on a patch?

Breeding
03-13-2011, 05:19 AM
Anyone heard if there will be a patch soon? I would like my DLC acheivements and some of the graphical glitches are annoying me.

aeryk117
03-29-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm waiting on a patch as well, but have only found this response so far from Bioware:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/301/index/6413661/2

For the Exiled Prince DLC, I was able to unlock all 5 achievements by deleting the original download on my Xbox 360 hard drive then using account management to re-download the DLC. Note that this fix isn't retroactive - you will need to "re-achieve" the achievements if you have already done so in the game. Here's the Bioware post (with instructions on how to re-download) for the Exiled Prince DLC:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon-Age-II/Dragon-Age-II-Xbox-360-Technical-Self-Help/The-missing-Exiled-Prince-achievements-fix-6708411-1.html

Hope that helps.

littlejay
03-29-2011, 09:16 PM
didnt notice many graphical glitches while playing. and the dlc is fixed. you have to redownload it

ColdSpider72
03-29-2011, 09:52 PM
I never understood why so many people post on this site asking about patches/game updates, Etc. If you didn't get the info from Bioware's website (if you even bothered to go there at all) then what makes you think someone here knows the answer??

KillerChris8814
03-29-2011, 11:34 PM
I never understood why so many people post on this site asking about patches/game updates, Etc. If you didn't get the info from Bioware's website (if you even bothered to go there at all) then what makes you think someone here knows the answer??

Because if somewhere else has a report on it most likely someone on here's read it and can point you to where the info is.

ColdSpider72
03-30-2011, 04:51 PM
And I would imagine that info would originate from Bioware's website. So....once again, how is it easier to wait for the info secondhand when you can go to the horse's mouth?? If it is simply a matter of not being bothered to type in any other address in your search bar besides this site then let me assist you: http://social.bioware.com/forum/

bakeryfreshgame
03-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Its called laziness... we Americans love it.

Ceejus
04-01-2011, 07:11 AM
And I would imagine that info would originate from Bioware's website. So....once again, how is it easier to wait for the info secondhand when you can go to the horse's mouth?? If it is simply a matter of not being bothered to type in any other address in your search bar besides this site then let me assist you: http://social.bioware.com/forum/

Dude, will you seriously just quit whining? This is the second thread I've opened to find you complaining about somebody. Yes, we know people are being lazy or clueless, but this stuff is bound to happen either way. Running around PMSing all over X360A isn't going to solve this problem.

ColdSpider72
04-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Yes, I like to single out those of no common sense. Sue me. By providing a link to where the info could be found I still managed to contribute more to the thread than you. You whining about someone else's 'whining' makes you look like an even bigger tool than you are trying to portray me as. If I told someone that asks me every day what the weather is and I direct them to look out a window, that means I'm whining, huh? You are clueless.

By the way........This is the second thread I opened to see you calling someone else a whiner. And on top of that you are whining yourself in two other recent MK threads about no demo, bitching about the online pass, etc. What a friggin hypocrate.

MASS DOMINATION
04-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Dude, will you seriously just quit whining? This is the second thread I've opened to find you complaining about somebody. Yes, we know people are being lazy or clueless, but this stuff is bound to happen either way. Running around PMSing all over X360A isn't going to solve this problem.

Yes, I like to single out those of no common sense. Sue me. By providing a link to where the info could be found I still managed to contribute more to the thread than you. You whining about someone else's 'whining' makes you look like an even bigger tool than you are trying to portray me as. If I told someone that asks me every day what the weather is and I direct them to look out a window, that means I'm whining, huh? You are clueless.

By the way........This is the second thread I opened to see you calling someone else a whiner. And on top of that you are whining yourself in two other recent MK threads about no demo, bitching about the online pass, etc. What a friggin hypocrate.

Do you guys need a tampon? lol.
The dlc is fixed. you just need to delete the dlc from your HD and re-download it. If you do the dlc again you should get the achievements.

mrlaurentisdead
04-01-2011, 01:14 PM
I still want my auto-attack patch. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about it, and me complaining on my own won't change much, so I suspect this will be another patch that never arrives. Oh well :(

jamie126
04-01-2011, 06:14 PM
would also like a fix for the 'epic' achievement for those of us who don't have a copy of origins on the 360

FSparacino4
04-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I still want my auto-attack patch. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about it, and me complaining on my own won't change much, so I suspect this will be another patch that never arrives. Oh well :(

The only thing I didn't care about in Origins was the press one button and walk away combat system. Hit :abut: once and go take a nap. It slowed the game down way too much for me.

Sonic1896
04-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Answer for "lazy" people

Hi Everyone

We know that people are waiting on more patching to fix issues they are having with Dragon Age II. We have said previously that we are working on patching for all 4 platforms (PC, Mac, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3), but we have not yet given any detail about what this patch will contain nor when it will be available. We greatly appreciate your patience as we work to fix issues with Dragon Age II and ensure that these fixes do not introduce new issues to the game. To help keep you updated on the status of the next patch (the first patch for PC and Mac Dragon Age II can be found HERE (http://social.bioware.com/page/da2-patches)) we wanted to provide you with a more detailed message on the next Dragon Age II patch.

BioWare has prepared a patch for PC, Mac, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. We are currently testing the patch and are submitting it for certification with EA, Microsoft and Sony. Certification is where testing teams outside of BioWare confirm the fixes we make and ensure that no new issues are introduced. We continue to test the patch during the certification process to ensure quality. Once the patch has passed certification, it is then released to the public. We do not have a more exact ETA of when it will be available to you, but when we do know when it is available, we will let everyone know.

We cannot reveal to you the exact contents of the patch until it passes certification. We can say that there are more than 100 fixes including gameplay, quest and platform specific issues. We can also say that the implementation of auto-attack on both Xbox 360 and PS3 is included. When we can reveal the patch notes, we will let everyone know.

BioWare is dedicated to continuing to support Dragon Age II. We thank our community members who have helped our team fix issues by providing details and reports on the problems they are having. We appreciate your patience and your support.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/301/index/6888476

Mjkjets
04-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the patch update Sonic :)

Sounds like if everything goes according to plan, we might see this patch in about 2 to 4 weeks. Hopefully before May *crosses fingers*

Pieville
04-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Yay! Auto-Attack!
I miss that feature!

Nice work Sonic, thanks for posting this.

Ceejus
04-04-2011, 06:02 AM

That was more or less breaking the news to people, idiot. PS3 getting Kratos, a stage, a demo, and an HD collection among other things while the 360 gets nothing is much more to complain about than another member posting a topic that was already posted. That really is whining, and I'm sure just about anyone would agree with that.

And for the record, you didn't just direct them to look out a window, you completely bitched them out, THEN told them to look out the window. So, bottom line is, quit being a douche.

Rashaka1
04-05-2011, 01:21 AM

I wasn't originally part of this conversation but I feel the need to put my 2 cents in. Some of us if not most of us are either working, going to school or both and don't have time to just sit around scrounging websites looking for information that someone else may already have. The point of this website is for people with like minds, achievement grinders in this case, to have a place to chat and help each other out.

If this is a concept that is too much for you to understand then maybe you would be better off hanging out on those other sites that you think we should all be checking and you won't have to worry about most of us.

ColdSpider72
04-05-2011, 04:28 PM
I wasn't going to justify another response for this ridiculous argument but since someone else needed to chime in I will respond one last time. First of all, the OP did not ask an achievement related question so you can jump of the 'this is an achieve website' high horse. Second, I pointed him to the Bioware site because in this paticular situation he would get a response much quicker than he would from here since Bioware is working on the patch, not anyone from X360A. I have helped many people on this site with achieves and strategies since I joined this site 3 years ago so I don't appreciate being called out by a couple of clueless automatons just looking to get some kudos from other clueless automatons. Once again I will point out that I did give him a link to the site to save him time and neither of you have added any extra help/guidance in this thread at all so exactly what does that make you except a troll in this case? There are hundreds of legitimately idiotic assholes on this site that post the most moronic comments I have seen on the internet. Why don't you go spend some time hounding them instead of someone that was just trying to make a simple point.

solo07
04-05-2011, 04:30 PM
DLC achievements are already fixed. Delete the DLC from your HDD then redownload. worked for me and apparently alot of other people with 1130 on the leaderboards. I'm glad to see the auto attack feature...my A button isn't looking too good...

Rashaka1
04-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Shaun72, I refer back to the second paragraph in my previous statement. Also you should probably read the whole thing again since you don't seem to be able to comprehend what it is that I actually said. I don't seem to recall anyone saying anything about this being an achievement only site. Also no one cares right now how many people you have helped with achievements.

We currently only see that you are calling people names and swearing at people because they were trying to point out that you are a little gruff in how you try to "make a simple point."

You play "video games". Get used to "hundreds of legitimately idiotic assholes." Most of the people who play games are kids and they will ask 100 million questions because they are too hyper and need answers right now instead of just asking. If you aren't willing to give an answer without being a dick about it then simply do not reply.

We are perfectly happy with our group here. If the questions that we ask are too much for you then simply go elsewhere.

If you want to continue to show how much of a prick you really are, then please by all means post a reply on how stupid I am and how much I don't know what I'm talking about or how pointless this post was. That's what we are expecting from you anyway. OR you can show us that you were "just trying to make a simple point" and drop this whole conversation.

I personally hope you choose the first. I rather enjoy pointing out rather tactfully that you are exactly what you are calling everyone else.

Have a good day Sir. =-)

haven
04-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Shaun72, I refer back to the second paragraph in my previous statement. Also you should probably read the whole thing again since you don't seem to be able to comprehend what it is that I actually said. I don't seem to recall anyone saying anything about this being an achievement only site. Also no one cares right now how many people you have helped with achievements.

We currently only see that you are calling people names and swearing at people because they were trying to point out that you are a little gruff in how you try to "make a simple point."

You play "video games". Get used to "hundreds of legitimately idiotic assholes." Most of the people who play games are kids and they will ask 100 million questions because they are too hyper and need answers right now instead of just asking. If you aren't willing to give an answer without being a dick about it then simply do not reply.

We are perfectly happy with our group here. If the questions that we ask are too much for you then simply go elsewhere.

If you want to continue to show how much of a prick you really are, then please by all means post a reply on how stupid I am and how much I don't know what I'm talking about or how pointless this post was. That's what we are expecting from you anyway. OR you can show us that you were "just trying to make a simple point" and drop this whole conversation.

I personally hope you choose the first. I rather enjoy pointing out rather tactfully that you are exactly what you are calling everyone else.

Have a good day Sir. =-)

lol .. kudos to you . . .
and I shall throw in a WOOT for good measure . . .
now can someone lock this thread???

Cyano Khaar
04-07-2011, 01:21 AM
I've been poking around Bioware's forums and from the looks of it, we'll probably have a patch sometime next week.

Thank god too. I can't progress due to the Sebastian/Isabela friendship bugs.

Oh, and for anyone who doesn't think they are bugged, you just don't know it. Maker's sigh is completely broken, so if you used that, your character is bugged and you don't even know it. Some of the passive abilities don't even work at all, and there's a bunch of other game breaking ones like Merrill's quest in act 3, and imported saves from origins not working properly.

DarkProphet83
04-07-2011, 01:59 PM
I've been poking around Bioware's forums and from the looks of it, we'll probably have a patch sometime next week.

Oh, and for anyone who doesn't think they are bugged, you just don't know it. Maker's sigh is completely broken, so if you used that, your character is bugged and you don't even know it. Some of the passive abilities don't even work at all, and there's a bunch of other game breaking ones like Merrill's quest in act 3, and imported saves from origins not working properly.
Thank God I was able to complete the game even with the Isabela's bug. :uzi:
From the act 2 on I had to fight more against bugs rather than quests.

romanzad
04-07-2011, 03:08 PM

sounds good to me!! hopefully be able to get 100% now :)

Rashaka1
04-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I finally decided to put the game down and move on to something else. I really don't have any interest in playing a game built on shabby coding. it's a good series but I can say after this one I will not purchase anymore. Dragon Age I was riddled with bugs as well. I can't continue supporting a company that doesn't put more time into making sure the absolute basics of their game works properly.

If it were some 1 in a million bug then that would be different but 90% of the people on this forum seems to have been hit by any one of several bugs. WTB play testers?

Asturgis
04-10-2011, 09:16 AM
I just want Aveline's last armor upgrade... Hope this gets fixed with the patch.

Sonic1896
04-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Here's an update:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon-Age-II/Dragon-Age-II-Xbox-360-Technical-Self-Help/Title-Update-101-Progress-6993457-1.html

The 1.02 Patch on PC/Mac (1.01 Title Update on X360/PS3) is still in the final certification process with EA, Microsoft, and Sony but is not expected to come out this weekend. Thank you for your continued patience and we look forward to getting this in your hands soon.

The patch includes fixes for over 100 issues. We’ll discuss some of the platform-specific issues in greater detail next week and we’ll release the formal patch notes once the updates are actually ready to download and install but here’s a high level view of some of the core gameplay fixes that everyone will see regardless of platform:

- The effects of various follower talents and item properties are now being properly removed and re-applied when loading and saving.
- Party members who are resurrected during a fight now rejoin combat properly.
- Hawke no longer gains random spells or talents after using the Maker's Sigh potion, then saving and reloading.
- The “Duty” plot will now appear on the Chanter’s Board even if the player accepted all of the board’s quests before installing the Exiled Prince premium content.
- In the “Finders Keepers” plot, if the player leaves Woodrow’s Warehouse before finding the crate, it is now possible to return to the warehouse to complete the quest.
- Merril no longer refers to the aftermath of “A New Path” before the plot has been completed.
- Aveline’s final armor upgrade is now available during the “Favor and Fault” plot.
- Varric is no longer confused about which character Hawke has been romancing.
- Various other gameplay and story-scripting issues no longer appear.

We’ll delve into some of the platform-specific details early next week. In the meantime, a special shout out and thanks to our mighty beta test group who’ve been a big help in confirming how these fixes will behave in the wild.

-----------------

UPDATE: Monday, April 11, 2010.

Hi everyone. I hope you had a good weekend. We're working with Valve right now on dotting the i's and crossing the t's for the Steam rollout. Based on our current estimates, we expect the 1.02 Patch to go live on PC/Mac sometime tomorrow (Tuesday, April 12).

On consoles, the 1.01 title update is progressing smoothly through final certification at Microsoft and Sony. No issues have been found and they're currently projecting release dates of sometime next week - we're working with them to see if we can pull those dates in any further.

Last Friday we discussed some of the universal fixes that we’ve made across all the platforms. Today we’re providing a high-level view of some of the platform-specific fixes that you can expect.

CONSOLES:
- The options menu now includes auto-attack.
- Armor values now adjust correctly when changing shields.
- Choosing a target at close range is now easier.
- Cinematics are no longer distorted on certain standard-definition televisions.
- Hawke no longer gains excessive coin and experience from rapidly and repeatedly completing a single sidequest.
- Various technical changes should improve performance, limit crashes, and address memory-related issues.

FSparacino4
04-12-2011, 05:34 PM
CONSOLES:
- The options menu now includes auto-attack.
- Armor values now adjust correctly when changing shields.
- Choosing a target at close range is now easier.
- Cinematics are no longer distorted on certain standard-definition televisions.
- Hawke no longer gains excessive coin and experience from rapidly and repeatedly completing a single sidequest.
- Various technical changes should improve performance, limit crashes, and address memory-related issues.

Goodbye money and xp glitch!

todd_pip33
04-12-2011, 10:37 PM
The only thing I want slightly tweaked is the cooldown on Taunt so my tank is actually useful in larger battles. I never had a problem in Origins in that my tank would do their job. I'm not big on having an off-tank as my parties usually specialize in debilitating enemies. And my rogue generally killing off foes quicker than I can blink.

Asturgis
04-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Rogues tend to rule DA2, that's for sure. Done 2 full playthroughs with a rogue and a warrior, and I already miss my rogue...

Mjkjets
04-13-2011, 09:46 PM
According to Bioware, the new patch has passed Microsoft certification. The patch should be up on Xbox live sometime tomorrow (Thursday).

Huzzah !

Cyano Khaar
04-14-2011, 08:48 AM
According to Bioware, the new patch has passed Microsoft certification. The patch should be up on Xbox live sometime tomorrow (Thursday).

Huzzah !

This man speaks the truth! :woop:

bmakar83
04-14-2011, 08:55 AM

Huzzah !

Wee! Can finally start my second playthrough! :woop:

venner
04-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Ive just been disconnected from live playing the game when i reconnected there is an update.

DarkProphet83
04-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Wee! Can finally start my second playthrough! :woop:

same here sir :drunk

francisrossi
05-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Now they need to fix the corrupt saves glitch. I shouldn't have to go into a room to auto-save, then manually save, just in case it randomly decides my save file is corrupt and that I haven't got the DLC installed (especially when I'm doing a quest from said DLC...)

I then have to quit to the dashboard and manually find the offending save and delete it. What's wrong with having the option to delete a save in-game?

misery
05-24-2011, 07:33 PM
still waiting for this patch but alas it will finally be here in less than a week!

Rashaka1
05-28-2011, 09:33 PM
I thought the patch hit last month?

Rashaka1
05-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Btw... anyone know where you can find patch notes?