PDA

View Full Version : Game is a grind

BrutishMuffin
03-13-2011, 06:38 AM
First off, this game isn't really all that hard, it just takes forever. The only 2 achievements that take large amounts of time are the World Championship and Expert league achievements. For the World Championship you need to play 30 matches to determine who even gets to go into the final WHAT! I don't care if it's trying to be realistic, I don't want to have to bowl 30 matches with a 250 average, just to even get into the tournament. Even when I can just restart the match if I'm sucking, in still takes forever with no real gain. They could've just made it an average of 10 matches and I would have been quite content.

I have yet to even make it to the expert leagues, although I'm assuming that they'll be about as hard as the World Championship. This achievement takes forever just because it requires you to play through 10+ leagues of 7 matches a piece. Why would they do that? The tournaments didn't require that. I only had to play 4 of those and I'm already in the World Championship. I'm completely dominating the beginner and amateur leagues, too. You'd think that if I was bowling a 225+ in every match, they'd let me move up a few leagues, just so everyone didn't feel like crap when they played against me. I only have 3 achievements left, including the online win, and if I win every match until I 1000 the game, it'll take me at least another 100 matches, and that's being optimistic.

Also, throwing with a hook is completely useless in the game, since you can just stand off center a little and throw a straight ball that will get a strike almost no matter what. I've bowl consecutive 300's without even looking at the screen. I actually just stood there swinging my arm back and forth and played Fruit Ninja on my phone.

Total time for this game is going to be around 20 hours and 250 matches. 20 hours of swinging my arm back and forth until the ball decides to leave my hand and get a strike.

This game was fun for a little while, but if you want the achievements, you better really like bowling, or be very persistent. Just a fair warning for those who are planning on getting this game for the achievements.

Nirumano
03-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Also, throwing with a hook is completely useless in the game, since you can just stand off center a little and throw a straight ball that will get a strike almost no matter what. I've bowl consecutive 300's without even looking at the screen. I actually just stood there swinging my arm back and forth and played Fruit Ninja on my phone.

Well there goes the "realistic ball and pin physics" (shocking). :p