PDA

View Full Version : Might be a dumb question (Rogue)

svonhershman
03-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Although my rogue focuses on dual wield, I still use the bow every once in awhile.

Question is, is the only way to switch between weapons to choose the bow out of the inventory? No way of making a hotkey or anything? It's a total pain in the ass.

II OE II
03-13-2011, 08:15 AM
far as im aware they took out the secondary weapon function in this game. So yes, it will be a pain having to switch back and forth in the inventory screen.

Graivul
03-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Seems an odd omission, these game types have nearly always supported dual weapon load-outs, but no ability to hotkey them seems strange.

II OE II
03-13-2011, 09:01 AM
yea, they also buggered up the enchanting mechanic in this one too.

Instead of being able to freely change your runes, if you want to replace the one you have currently slotted, it gets destroyed in the process. But on the same hand, they made it able to easily purchase more runes of your choice instead of having a limited supply.

Darth Cuda
03-14-2011, 05:42 AM
yea, they also buggered up the enchanting mechanic in this one too.

Instead of being able to freely change your runes, if you want to replace the one you have currently slotted, it gets destroyed in the process. But on the same hand, they made it able to easily purchase more runes of your choice instead of having a limited supply.

The runes were unlimited in the expansion if you had enough points in spell crafting (The only thing Anders was useful for).

I think they intended for you to use only 1 weapon type. That's why Varric and Sebastian both have only ranged weapons. Dumb as hell but they took out a lot of complexity to draw in a larger audience. Which Alienated RPG purists like me.