PDA

View Full Version : What are your thought on the achievements so far?

Perasnovitch
03-13-2011, 09:59 AM
IMO, they are more challenging/harder/longer than Dragon Age Origins.

DA:0 was a really easy 1750, aside for one DLC on Nightmare.

So, do you like DA:O achievements better than DA II ? Or the contrary.

I like those on DA II so far. More challenging imo.

Mist
03-13-2011, 11:07 AM
I thought they were easier to get. The high dragon was a bitch, granted, but that was the only hard one, I think.

Kinky Buns
03-13-2011, 12:08 PM
They need to patch the "Supplier" achievement so you don't have to find every single one in the game or you have to start over. It says find every variety, not every one in existence. Other than that the achievements are pretty easy, i'm at 900GS on it atm without doing the DLC.

Perasnovitch
03-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Which Act is the best for Unstoppable achievements ?

I've heard Act III but you have to fight the High Dragon.

bakeryfreshgame
03-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Technically you don't have to fight the high dragon. I've heard people say the it won't pop in Act III regardless. I am going for Act I this playthrough, it seems easy enough.

I've found that the achievements on this game a bit easier than origins except maybe supplier... but then the DLC glitched the darkspawn killing achievements so that they had to be killed by your character not just your party and that got old but other than that I'd say pretty easy all around for both games.

fivebyfive200
03-16-2011, 11:57 PM
The achievements are much easier, I've got 750/1000 since friday. Also got the one for killing the High dragon

Found the ones in DA:O had more replayable value to the main game

KrossWinter
03-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Honestly, I'm having trouble seeing what the big deal with the high dragon was. I went in, killed it, walked out. The pride demon (who's name escapes me) that you kill for Demon Slayer had more power to its punch in my opinion. All the high dragon had was a bunch of health and moderate resistance.

Over all though, I'm saying Origins was harder. Admittedly, DA2 has those oddball achievements that can be frustrating (Supplier, Historian) but I got 39 of them my first run through. Can't say that for Origins.

IDiivil
03-17-2011, 12:38 AM
DA:O was more frustrating, IMO, though I played it on PC.

DA2's achievements are fair. I've already unlocked 750/1130 and didn't even try to unlock anything my first playthrough (wanted to just enjoy the game). Supplier is the only one I really foresee myself having to pay attention on.

VladimirK
03-17-2011, 12:48 AM
The achievements seem to be on par with Origins difficulty-wise.

However, I would say that the list is a bit shit in terms of there being so much that you can accidentally miss and end up having to go back about 7 hours or just do a whole new playthrough for.

That's not even taking into account the fact that, (at least for me), Origins was actually fun.
The whole unbalanced hack-and-slash combat; the exact same 3 fucking caves just copied and pasted, only with different paths blocked off; the same indoor environments being copy-pasted with minimal changes; the damned annoying traps that your rogue doesn't mention until you can't avoid it; the simplified companion inventories; the simplified, know what, fuck it, everything is overly-simplified, even the dialogue wheel has little pictures in case you are too thick to decide what's the good/bad option.

Opiate42
03-17-2011, 02:37 AM
So far?

Only early Act II on my first run, don't care! Loving the game as is. I'll worry about achievements another time.

TriRock
03-17-2011, 06:30 AM
The collectables are doable if you stay focused and pay attention. I would save them for a second playthrough and not worry for the first time, just so you can enjoy the game more.

Unstoppable didn't unlock for me in Act III, so I did it on my 2nd game in Act I. Which isn't too hard, just save frequently and reload if one party member gets ko'd.

As for the Origins achievements, the only ones I had trouble with were Traveller (didn't get it until my 3rd playthrough, but that was my own fault) and Grim Reaper (took about 10 tries to chop that bastard up).

Grummy
03-17-2011, 09:34 AM
I honestly preferred DA:O's achievements, Ifound them much easier to deal with.

I'm not enjoying these ones very much as there is an awful lot more information to deal with, and a hell of a lot more to keep track of to get them all, so much so that I find I'm spending more time tracking achievements than really playing the game. Achievements shouldn't be that taxing imo, taking away from the pleasure of just playing the game is a bad thing. I didn't get this with DA:O.

Zombie Nom
03-17-2011, 12:36 PM
The majority of the achievements aren't that hard to get, I got 720/1000 on my first playthrough without really trying. If you miss something in an act/quest, you're screwed out of it though. /:

I'd say they're equal in difficulty to DA:O's overall, I think Suppler is the only people will need to spend time on, maybe Unstoppable which seems a bit borked atm. I think DA:O was more fun to go through though, I actually enjoyed seeing how the story quests were different depending on what choices you made, which DAII lacks. ):