PDA

View Full Version : Maize bag

Apache 117
03-13-2011, 05:01 PM
How do you do this I simply cant get near the required score to get champion level and this and heavy bag combos are just impossible to do.

Another question is about legacy mode, what do the athletic stats actually do? do they decrease over time and you have to keep topping them up??
Also I have heard that when you retire your legacy mode boxer his stats go back to the orginal, if so what is the point in spending all that time and effort into boosting his stats if they get reset :confused:

osuberbiao
03-14-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm working on the heavy bag but what do I press when it is highlighted in blue?

I've tried power :rbbut: shots?
I've tried body :ltbut: shots?
I've tried a step back and then throw a shot?

Any ideas would be appreciated?

Also I'll need boosting partners for some of the achievements too? :boxer

SheriffPyewipe
03-14-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm working on the heavy bag but what do I press when it is highlighted in blue?

I've tried power :rbbut: shots?
I've tried body :ltbut: shots?
I've tried a step back and then throw a shot?

Any ideas would be appreciated?

Also I'll need boosting partners for some of the achievements too? :boxer

the blue ones are your left stick, they are movement not punches.

osuberbiao
03-14-2011, 05:14 PM
So you don't actually throw any punches with it?

I.e - Blue (jab) is just a movement of your left stick in that direction?

Scotsman Elite
03-14-2011, 11:19 PM
How do you do this I simply cant get near the required score to get champion level and this and heavy bag combos are just impossible to do.

Another question is about legacy mode, what do the athletic stats actually do? do they decrease over time and you have to keep topping them up??
Also I have heard that when you retire your legacy mode boxer his stats go back to the orginal, if so what is the point in spending all that time and effort into boosting his stats if they get reset :confused:
The Maize Bag, what I did was rotate the left stick clockwise/anti-clockwise, whatever you feel more comfortable with, twice or three times depending on your speed and precision with each swing of the bag. I did that til I had 1 dodge left before a punch, then jab. It's difficult with a heavyweight, easier with a smaller faster boxer.

As for Legacy Mode, the Athletic Stats after each fight + recovery period go down but only at around 70 maximum, they won't drop further. Your training (Skill and/or Athletic) is to boost these up as much by how well you do.
Also, in 'Fight Now' your boxer is standard, for some reason EA haven't allowed you to have your high rated boxer in the Roster. So yep, it's reset.

Hope I helped a little.

So you don't actually throw any punches with it?

I.e - Blue (jab) is just a movement of your left stick in that direction?
The blue is for 'Movement', not punches. Your left stick is movement ONLY.
If it's aimed up, you move the left stick up quickly and release, don't hold it. You'll have your boxer bob and weave.
On the heavy bag, you'll have the instructions either Left Indented or Right Indented. Blue Left Stick commands are on the left (Movement) and Grey Right Stick commands are on the right (Punches).