PDA

View Full Version : Ratatouille Roadmap

Ellie10
03-13-2011, 10:40 PM
I posted this back after I played the game, but I think more people will see it if I gave it its own thread. This isn't 100% tested yet. If someone starts the game and follows this map, please msg me with any info I can use to improve it. This game can be a little glitchy/tricky on the achievements Also, the collectibles guide really could use and edit/update, or two.

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10 (cumulative opinion, LMK if anyone disagrees and I'll change it)
-Offline: 50 for 1000
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: ~10-12 Hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
*-Number of missable achievements: 9, see below
*-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No (supposedly), see below
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No
-Glitchy achievements: Yes, see below
-Unobtainable achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed?: None

Missable achievements:
"King of the Stump" and "Rolling Hills": can only be obtained on the opening level, "Somewhere in France".
"Light the Way" and "King of Cheese": only obtainable during the "Plentiful Platters a Plenty" mission on "The Desserted Kitchen" level.
"Trojan Horseradish": obtainable only in the "Barrel Blow-up" mission in "The City of Lights" level.
"Swirl Swirl Down": obtainable only before completing the "Powder Room Prison" mission on "The Desserted Kitchen" level. Once you have completed this mission, you will not be able to return to the bathroom.
"Special Delivery": obtainable only during the "Magnet Muster" mission on the "Big Kitchen" mission (this is the proper location to start the mission, but it actually takes place in "The City of Lights").
"All the Charms in the Game" and "You're A Real Charmer:" if you miss a charm in the opening level, you will not be able to return. Make sure you have all 25 before completing the level. Also, if you're in a specific mission, make sure you have all the charms for that mission before completing it. Following the charm guide will tell you which charms are in a particular mission. If you miss a charm during that mission, you probably will not be able to go back and obtain it (its possible for some of them, but most you wont).

Glitched Achievements:
The ability to collect all charms in the game is glitched for some, but still very much obtainable. People reported to have charms not pick up when touching them, or they were just missing in general. If you are worried this might happen to you, then my advice would be, right before starting a new level, copy your gamesave onto a Memory Unit or USB drive. Once the level is complete, varify that you have all achievements/charms for this level. If you do, then save, go back to the Dash and copy your file over again. Repeat this right after starting every level.

Do Cheats affect achievements?: Supposedly not, but with everyone here complaining that some achievements/charms glitched for them, I didn't take any chances. They really aren't necessary though. There isn't a cheat for being able to perform super-jumps, or fly, so I didn't bother.

Step 1. Fully complete First level
For the "Somewhere in France" level, make sure you get all 25 charms before finishing this level. If not, you won't be able to get all 525. There's achievements that can only be obtained on this level as well, but if you miss them, you can just start up another game (after finishing your first playthrough) and obtain them rather easily.

Step 2. Follow the Charm collectible guide for each level
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33277
I suggest getting them all in order, using the guide. After you have collected all possible charms for each level, complete each mission and mini-game. If you need help finding each mission or mini-game, there's a list here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=365568&postcount=2
Most of the achievements unlock while playing missions and finding charms. Some require you to perform specific actions to unlock them.
With the exception of the first level "somewhere in France", you can return to all previous levels in the while in the sewer.

* - work in progress, this isn't 100% accurate yet.

***If anyone can add anymore information to make this more accurate, please message me.
Thanks to Yontnaem for helping me out with more info.

Guide corrections/edits:
"Sticky Situation" - you get this during one of the "The City of Lights" missions, when you enter the kitchen for a mission.

Dark Fury BE
06-11-2011, 05:55 AM
King of the Stump achievement is not a missable. You will automatically get this one during the first level (tutorial) and will be your first achievement in the game.

doc2084
01-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Also Fly Remy Fly is a missable achv. it has to be done BEFORE the scare dog mission in The City of Lights! Go to True Achievments for a more detailed description by Crazed Killers reply. Hope this helps!

WeisGuy9
02-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Thank God someone posted a roadmap for this game. The Achievement Guide by overkill is the most unhelpful guide I have seen on this site.

Proeliatoris J
05-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Cheers buddy!

This really should be stickied!

:)