Guitar Hero: Avenged Sevenfold

Now, there's probably already topics like this all over the website, but I wanted to bring it up since I haven't seen one.

Anyone else think this would be the greatest guitar hero game EVER?

Synyster Gates is an amazing guitarist and my personal favorite. The songs by A7X that have already been on guitar hero have been amazing and my favorites to play, but there are so many more songs from them I would love to play on guitar hero. Nightmare, Lost, A Little Piece of Heaven, Seize the Day, Buried Alive, Unholy Confessions, and SO many more.

Thoughts?

Just letting you know there is a topic about this in the Rock Band 3 forum, and it didn't end well. I might as well copy and paste what I said:

I feel like Avenged Sevenfold still has a lot of great, challenging songs to offer. City of Evil springs to mind instantly. They definitely don't deserve a game dedicated to them, however. Hell, Green Day is probably my favourite band and I'm surprised they got a game. Let's just hope for one big track pack with stuff from City of Evil and Waking the Fallen.

I think the difficulty would be really one-sided, and music games need that balance.

Now, there's probably already topics like this all over the website, but I wanted to bring it up since I haven't seen one.

Anyone else think this would be the greatest guitar hero game EVER?

Synyster Gates is an amazing guitarist and my personal favorite. The songs by A7X that have already been on guitar hero have been amazing and my favorites to play, but there are so many more songs from them I would love to play on guitar hero. Nightmare, Lost, A Little Piece of Heaven, Seize the Day, Buried Alive, Unholy Confessions, and SO many more.

Thoughts?

I like Avenge Sevenfold and also I like the metal genre in general. But I don't think A7X is deserving of their own stand alone title right now. And it's not because they don't have a solid discography to pull from or that their songs aren't fun to play but simply because there are far more bands who have been around longer, who have even more history, music, and are far bigger. And I think when choosing to do stand alone titles (which I think is still the way to go for the music games industry) that it's very important to take that into consideration when selecting the artist in question. Again nothing against A7X, but I think the best bet to satisfy more A7X is through track packs. Possibly even a 10-12 song mega-pack or something? Personally my all time favorite band that I really hope get's their own GH title one day is Iron Maiden! They have have been around for well over 30 years, they have 15 studio albums plus countless live and compilation albums to pull from, they are easily one of the greatest (if not "the greatest") pioneers of the NWOBH metal and heavy metal genres (respectively) and have sold close to 100 million albums worldwide off little to no radio or tv support through most of their early career. And to top that all off they are still touring and releasing albums (Final Frontier is an incredible album) even at their age! That rocks! But regardless of any of this it looks like it will be quite a while before we will ever see the release of another "band specific" GH title being as how Activision has put the series on an indefinite hiatus! Here's to hoping though right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1. band specific games are awful. i hope that NO band gets a dedicated game going forward

2. a7x just isn't big enough to warrant a dedicated game even if band specific games didn't tend to sell awful

3. as mentioned, this was already discussed in the rb3 forums, and everything said in that thread will hold equally true here.

• 3 weeks later...

i think people would want guitar hero: The big four. With the best songs from megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, and Metallica(free to copy from GH:M) more than gh: avenged sevenfold, not everyone likes them. i personally dont. Personally, im waiting for them to announce Guitar Hero: Iron Maiden. that will be the day i legitimately shit my pants.

I like Avenged Sevenfold, but dear god no.

Exactly this. Great music but not worthy enough of having a game. They've done nothing for music in general. The Beatles revolutionised music in general, Green Day had a huge influence on the punk scene, Metallica is one of the biggest Metal bands of all time and Van Halen introduced the concept of actual solo's. Avenged Sevenfold has made a few albums.

Not only are band-specific games terrible, but Avenged Sevenfold hasn't really done anything.

The most you can hope for is that there will be Avenged Sevenfold Rock Band 3 DLC, because let's face it, Guitar Hero's DLC system is nowhere near as good as Rock Bands. That's not even my Rock Band fanboy bias talking. I'm sure plenty of Guitar Hero fanboys recognize Rock Band as the superior DLC platform too.