PDA

View Full Version : why do the quinari look different?

fudgeslide
03-13-2011, 11:05 PM
why do the quinari look different , and is flemith one ?

LURadioDJ
03-13-2011, 11:18 PM
No, Flemeth is according to Morrigan during Witch Hunt something with unbelievable unhuman powers, she's not human, she's not an apostate, and she's no abomination.

As for the Quinari, they look now exactly how they wanted them to look in Origins. What a lot of people seem to forget is when BioWare started developing and creating Origins around the tail end of the lifespan of the Xbox and PS2.....they originally planned to release it on those consoles but decided to wait and they polished it for a few years before releasing it on 360 and PS3, they didn't change the graphics much but focused more on gameplay.

In Dragon Age 2, they took what they originally invisioned the quinari to look like, based on concept art, and that's what they came up with......so Sten was supposed to look like the Quinari in 2 during Origins. ;)

BlueWolf
03-13-2011, 11:39 PM
If you mean why dont they look like Sten from DA:O, in regards to the horns, its covered in DA:O that Sten had his horns removed

MADasaHatter
03-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Who cares.

Updated Quinari > original ones

Demendred
03-14-2011, 12:51 AM
I blame weather and environment change.

KrossWinter
03-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Qunari sometimes don't have horns, and the ones that don't are treated with more respect in their stations. If you have the collector's edition strategy guide, in the 'Dragon Age Encyclopedia' under Qunari, that's what it says.

mark197205
03-14-2011, 02:56 AM
If you mean why dont they look like Sten from DA:O, in regards to the horns, its covered in DA:O that Sten had his horns removed

Actually no, Sten from DA:O didnt have them removed, he was simply one of the rare Qunari born without them.

TriRock
03-14-2011, 06:02 AM
Actually no, Sten from DA:O didnt have them removed, he was simply one of the rare Qunari born without them.

Not so rare, since every qunari mercenary in the game didn't have them either. :p

BlueWolf
03-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Outcasts usually remove their horns, I thought that was what happened to Sten, but its that long ago I cant remember when he explained it in game

Mist
03-14-2011, 08:55 AM
I thought the game said something of the Qunari not being a people, per se, but rather just followers of the Qun. (Like how a person regardless of ethnicity following Christianity is a Christian.)