PDA

View Full Version : Stupidest looking game characters ever

gameplayer
03-14-2011, 12:30 AM
It has to be this game.

http://i54.tinypic.com/20prqbp.jpg

The Pants Party
03-14-2011, 12:34 AM
It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I like the exaggerated look. Same reason a lot of comic book people don't like Humberto Ramos, but I LOVE his style.

Dz06lt
03-14-2011, 12:37 AM
i really dont know about this game, originally i thought they were trying to rip off borderlands now im not sure...

I X I Shock I
03-14-2011, 02:20 AM
I don't see the issue, yeah they may be a little bit weird, but I still think it looks good, plus the gameplay should be amazing.

elephantd
03-14-2011, 09:53 PM
You must have not liked Saints Row either then.

Grey Delta
03-14-2011, 10:31 PM
i really dont know about this game, originally i thought they were trying to rip off borderlands now im not sure...

Ripping off Borderlands how? Please don't say because of the weapon customisation because Borderlands certainly wasn't the first to introduce this:Bounce:

Nozza XBA
03-14-2011, 10:42 PM
I see no problems with them!

Design looks slick, character design/style fits with the game graphics, customization look amazing and games going to be pure epic!

I Anger I
03-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Yah if you think this game looks stupid you need to watch some of the videos...game looks amazing

ENOIZE
03-16-2011, 07:47 AM
I think it looks amazing and I pre-ordered as soon as it was clear where to get the fallout pack :D

ODST Kayne
03-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Hello there, and thank you for posting your flame-war inducing opinion! Most people seem to like the art style, or they would have changed it. No need to make a thread about it.

Dz06lt
03-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Ripping off Borderlands how? Please don't say because of the weapon customisation because Borderlands certainly wasn't the first to introduce this:Bounce:

How bout the same artstyle and wasteland motif..

XxThe WildGoose
03-21-2011, 04:29 PM
How bout the same artstyle and wasteland motif.. wasteland? you really need to look into the other levels of the game.

ODST Kayne
03-21-2011, 05:40 PM

I don't see either of those things in this game.....

elephantd
03-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Wasteland on a City in the middle of the Ocean?:confused:

Art style looks more Saints Row 2 to me then anything.
Borderlands:
http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss207/Koko_GM/Firmas/borderlands.png
Saints Row 2:.
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo275/jesusgogeta/saints_row_2-536978.jpg

Grado
03-22-2011, 02:33 AM
the game looks good and just be quiet and wait till it gets reviewed

Hitman H94
03-26-2011, 12:03 PM
I don't think they don't look bad, I like the way they are.

X ashes2ashes X
04-04-2011, 05:18 AM
i like the way they look everything about the game looks awesome. i was alittle surprised to c it rated teen by gamefly but oh well i still have it preordered from Amazon cant wait to get it and use the psycho pack!!

DarkReign2021
04-04-2011, 10:05 PM
I have to agree that the characters look really stupid in this game. I'm all for Artistic liberties and I enjoy the strange art styles in games like Advent Rising, Psychonauts, and Brutal Legends, but these guys just bother me.

That being said, I think the rest of the game looks amazing. When I look at it it looks like a cross between Borderlands, Mirror's Edge, and Shadowrun. Three excellent games in their own rights, so you won't see any complaints from me.

M1keX
04-09-2011, 01:03 AM
I think it looks amazing and I pre-ordered as soon as it was clear where to get the fallout pack :D

Nah its all about the old school my friend, thats right the DOOM pack :D pre ordered and waiting, game looks amazing and i'm loving the graphics its got that fun game vibe about it :)

mercadesBENZ
04-09-2011, 02:37 AM
i thought the same way at first but i kind of like it now, i guess its all personal preference

Ulv Skjold
04-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Anyone else think the thread title is ironic?

CrippleTron33
04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
It reminds me of TimeSplitters art style. Don't mind me anyway guys, just feeding the troll.

kyboy
04-13-2011, 02:12 AM
i think the artstyle is amazing.. i dont understand why some ppl dont like it.. bc its not like cod? or halo? or its orginal in its own way?

DOOKH8R
04-13-2011, 02:32 AM
Anyone else think the thread title is ironic?

Apparently stupidest is a word now. Who knew?

iCondemned
04-13-2011, 05:40 PM
To be honest! I think this game will be bad ass. It looks amazing, so yeah. If you don't like this game, then don't get it. That's all I have to say. Don't be a baby about it and telling us that you think it looks stupid. I bet you look stupider than these characters.

XxSTOOPIDTOMMY
04-13-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm in two minds....
I've seen a few videos now and when I first saw the trailer for Brink, I thought it looked truly awesome and then I felt slightly let down to know that it was first person.

Since then, I've seen some other videos but I'm still in two minds. Half of me thinks it looks awesome and the other half I think that it could become really repetitive and boring.

I will probably rent it but from what I have seen so far, I don't think it will be a keeper...

tkhbecker
04-14-2011, 06:09 AM
It has to be this game.Not going to put too much stock in to what someone without a gamer card posted. Then again he may have been playing "Super Meat Boy" or something before he posted...

http://www.geekosystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/smbreal.jpg

AV0STEAR
04-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Ripping off Borderlands how? Please don't say because of the weapon customization because Borderlands certainly wasn't the first to introduce this:Bounce:

I don't remember any customizing of the weapons in Borderlands. Brink has attachments and Borderlands doesn't have any of that.

To me Brink is Call of Duty: Parkour. A first person shooter with acrobatics. Can't wait for this game.

Deadly Moves
04-22-2011, 01:19 PM
It has to be this game.

http://i54.tinypic.com/20prqbp.jpg
You clearly havent played many games have you? Is it too radical and different for you? Would you rather it be more boring like Halo or CoD?
IMO(and many others) Brinks artsyle is brilliant. Infact i prefer an exaggerated realizm artstyle to just a normal visual style.

Brink reminds me alot of one of my all-time favorite games... TimeSplitters
http://www.gamezone.com/images/gamezone/23/4/38/s23438_XB_4.jpg

koopakiller64
04-27-2011, 01:19 AM
You clearly havent played many games have you? Is it too radical and different for you? Would you rather it be more boring like Halo or CoD?
IMO(and many others) Brinks artsyle is brilliant. Infact i prefer an exaggerated realizm artstyle to just a normal visual style.

Brink reminds me alot of one of my all-time favorite games... TimeSplitters

Exactly what I was thinking. Brinks exaggerated art style will make itself stand out in years to come.

PS Good ole Timesplitters. Crazy, Psychotic, and downright insane gameplay made it a blast to play.