PDA

View Full Version : Yet another bad glitch...Exciting, right?

Puppys
03-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Not sure if everyone has experienced this, but I didn't see it in the forum, so I thought I'd post it.

In Act II, I am attempting to do Varric's side quest that involves *ahem* visiting his brother at his mansion. Upon entering the mansion, one guard attacked me and the others stood there like lifeless zombies.

I looked up the guide and a cutscene is supposed to take place when you enter the mansion and all the guards attack, well guess what, it didn't

Since I have been playing for most of the afternoon (and the autosave traps you in the house) I lost over three hours of work... And had to do it all over again. Wanted to warn you guys.

The name of the mission is Family Matters, and beware so this doesn't happen to you!

Demendred
03-14-2011, 12:57 AM
How odd, haven't run into that myself.

btw, dig the picture lol

Puppys
03-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Windwaker in a nutshell, lol.

I tried going in with different companions (after making damn sure I had a save) and also tried no companions but varroc, but nope, same glitch. luckily I already have him at max friendship for the achievement.

JDMBO1
03-14-2011, 01:22 AM
did you do that shield glitch that's how I got fucked over on that

Puppys
03-14-2011, 02:28 AM
Oh really? Yeah I did take advantage of that, didn't imagine it would have an effect on a cutscene.

Anyone else confirm this? There are a lot of complaints on the DA forums and Gamespot as well, would be nice to know this is the only reason for it happening.

JDMBO1
03-14-2011, 02:30 AM
Yea, if you use this glitch on Hawk you'll be screwed, but companions seem to be in the clear

Puppys
03-14-2011, 03:41 AM
In fact, I want to get the word out now: This glitch prevents you from being able to advance into the game.

At the end of Act II, When you meet Meridith during the Quanari attacks, you get stuck in another cutscene loop, and you cannot i repeat CANNOT progress into the story.

if this is truely the reason, I have lost 15 or more hours of gameplay on top of the 3 mentioned above, since I will need to start from scratch.

JDMBO1
03-14-2011, 04:02 AM
That's sad you need to make a save before you do the glitches just encase you run into an unfortunate problem

Then again I came into contact with this issue in the quest Family Matters as well in Act II companion quest

Puppys
03-14-2011, 04:19 AM
That's sad you need to make a save before you do the glitches just encase you run into an unfortunate problem

Then again I came into contact with this issue in the quest Family Matters as well in Act II companion quest

i did, however it was in the middle of Act I, and the glitch stopped me from advancing at the end of Act II, I hope you do realize that while doing every mission required to boost my allies friendships and relationships, looking for potion thingies, and ridiculous side quests does add up the playtime, correct? haha. I wish I wasn't the first few to figure this out. fml.

JDMBO1
03-14-2011, 04:25 AM
i did, however it was in the middle of Act I, and the glitch stopped me from advancing at the end of Act II, I hope you do realize that while doing every mission required to boost my allies friendships and relationships, looking for potion thingies, and ridiculous side quests does add up the playtime, correct? haha. I wish I wasn't the first few to figure this out. fml.
Huh your right then again it does a lot of auto saves so my save file for one character maybe spammed with a bunch of saves, but in all seriousness I did lose 10 hours of play because of this. I didn't lose much but it was frustrating, even I don't follow my own advice most of the time

IVIan13earPig
03-14-2011, 04:52 AM
To put out another glitch warning for people reading this thread, Fenris' mission to (minor spoilers) stop his master and the slaves from following him in the "A Bitter Pill" quest is glitched - I didn't realize I was going to the place where Fenris' mission was, so I didn't take him (I have the same class setup as him, so it seems pointless to use him). Somehow, unlike the other companion-specific quests, you can do the quest without him. Trouble is, when you kill the main target, the quest doesn't advance because he isn't there. I tried leaving and bringing him there, but because the target is dead, the quest won't advance. Good thing I dont use this guy because I'm worried he will leave or something.

As R0me Burns
03-14-2011, 05:45 AM
I would just like to state that the Shield Glitch had no effect on mine nor my other two friends games whatsoever. I did it the minute I started the game at midnight of release and I did it on my character and Aveline and not one glitch or problem through the entire game.

JohnVIII32
03-14-2011, 08:53 PM
I would just like to state that the Shield Glitch had no effect on mine nor my other two friends games whatsoever. I did it the minute I started the game at midnight of release and I did it on my character and Aveline and not one glitch or problem through the entire game.
Did you happen to load the game on your system or are you running off disc only?

Lord Vadrian
03-14-2011, 11:13 PM
I've done the Family Matters quest now on two different playthroughs and have had no such glitch.

Gackt
03-15-2011, 12:37 AM
The longer I play this game, the more problems happen. Game freezes up, loading never seems to load. Textures start vanishing, cut scenes start lagging, sound during dialogs stops working, fun fun fun lol
Although it was entertaining to glitch Isabella into the Qunari compound every time she tried to make up and excuse to not come in.

Xemnas
03-15-2011, 05:47 AM
that sucks

Puppys
03-15-2011, 06:14 PM
So without doing the glitch, I have managed to pass both my problems, so that is a definite answer on my part, which brings me to my next question:

Has anyone tried doing the armor glitch AFTER completing Act II? (either with Aveline or Hawke)? I have a level 50 warrior and I have heard the high dragon is a bitch at level 50. I am wondering this not just to get the High Dragon Slayer achievement, but to grab the dragon's blood and finish the Supplier achievement.

Anyone confirm this? I might try it if all else fails.

FSparacino4
03-15-2011, 06:25 PM
I really don't think people glitching their games (me included) have the right to complain when the game "fucks up". Luckily I haven't experienced any problems, but if I did experience problems due to me not playing the game as intended, I would chalk it up to my own fault and move on.

JDMBO1
03-15-2011, 06:30 PM
I really don't think people glitching their games (me included) have the right to complain when the game "fucks up". Luckily I haven't experienced any problems, but if I did experience problems due to me not playing the game as intended, I would chalk it up to my own fault and move on.
What do you mean? the experience glitch doesn't impose any game breaking. Are you talking about that armor up glitch?

Puppys
03-15-2011, 07:08 PM
It was more of a warning, not a "waaaaaa I glitched why did it screw up' to be honest, and who wouldn't want to make their life easier with infinite armor and all the attribute points from the get-go? I know there are a few of us who did this just for the advantages without knowing the outcome.

rrushn
03-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Seriously ??

You glitch your game and then complain about how the game glitched on you?

Some might call it revenge... I call it 'your own damn fault'.

TriRock
03-15-2011, 07:25 PM

Quoted for truth.

JohnVIII32
03-15-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm now wondering if people who are playing these glitches to advance are simply over-maxing. I mean, why take yourself or your companions to their max ability in act 1 or 2 or whenever if it may have adverse affects?

I saw that the shield glitch did make a difference, but when I noted it happening, I just don't change the shield, and Aveline is still over 1000 armor but like at 17%... still an overpowered tank imo.

IMO if a glitch is not avoid-able, then okay, but to superglitch to level up to 50 in the first 10min of play is a game-killer and I won't do it, especially in the first playthrough.

Mjkjets
03-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Looks like the pc version already has a patch( beta version), Hopefully that means the 360 will receive one as well very soon. *crosses fingers*

Espio
03-15-2011, 07:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone else was feeling this way too as I read this thread...

Warning! Glitching a game may result in further unwanted glitches later on! Oh no! :rolleyes:

FSparacino4
03-15-2011, 11:27 PM
I simply just don't understand the need to glitch on a first playthrough unless you want to ruin the game for yourself.