PDA

View Full Version : Quick Heal and Quick Stamina Question

SpinelesS
03-14-2011, 02:39 AM
Does anyone know how these work? (quick heal and quick stamina - quick mana for mages)

Whenever you use one it locks out for a period of time before you can use it again, but how is the potion it uses chosen?

There are potions that heal both life and stamina (restoration potion)

If that was the only kind of potion I had would I be able to use them twice - once with quick heal, then once with quick stamina - Or would they both lock out?

JDMBO1
03-14-2011, 02:44 AM
Huh? you open up the wheel with :ltbut: then you'll see blue or yellow at the bottom of the wheel press :ybut: to assign it to your load out. It works just like healing does it's not some complex thing

Edit: again Stamina is only needed for Warrior or Rouges. Mages need Lyrium to restore their mana

SpinelesS
03-14-2011, 03:05 AM
Huh? you open up the wheel with :ltbut: then you'll see blue or yellow at the bottom of the wheel press :ybut: to assign it to your load out. It works just like healing does it's not some complex thing

Edit: again Stamina is only needed for Warrior or Rouges. Mages need Lyrium to restore their mana

I know how to use it (you dont even have to assign it to your quick buttons) What I wanted to know is how it picks what potion to have your player drink, (and yes I know I can choose a potion myself from the potions menu and assign that if I wanted to as well)

JDMBO1
03-14-2011, 03:10 AM
I thought I explained this in the Edited portion

Warrior/Rouge: Drink Stamina Draught (Yellow)

Mage: Drink Lyrium Potion (Blue)

after which at this point I don't understand your questioning or rather I might be a bit dumb. Either way

KrossWinter
03-14-2011, 03:16 AM
Does anyone know how these work? (quick heal and quick stamina - quick mana for mages)

Whenever you use one it locks out for a period of time before you can use it again, but how is the potion it uses chosen?

There are potions that heal both life and stamina (restoration potion)

If that was the only kind of potion I had would I be able to use them twice - once with quick heal, then once with quick stamina - Or would they both lock out?

You're asking if it chooses a minor healing potion, major healing potion, etc...right? Like in Origins.

DA2, from what I've experienced so far, doesn't have variety amongst pure stamina and health potions, so it draws purely from the number of flat out healing potions you have.

Healing potions with different effects, such as the elfroot one that also heals injuries, are in a different category and must be manually chosen.

Is that what you were asking?

SpinelesS
03-14-2011, 03:19 AM
Just got home and started playing the game again.

the quick heal button only uses health potion's,
quick stamina only uses stamina draught,
and quick mana only uses Lyrium potions.

I just assumed that it would also use other healing potions like the elfroot potion, and the restoration potion, but it doesnt.

KrossWinter
03-14-2011, 03:20 AM
Just got home and started playing the game again.

the quick heal button only uses health potion's,
quick stamina only uses stamina draught,
and quick mana only uses Lyrium potions.

I just assumed that it would also use other healing potions like the elfroot potion, and the restoration potion, but it doesnt.

That's it. It only uses those, all extra effect potions have to be manually selected.