PDA

View Full Version : Will there be another way to get the Flaming Hammerburst?

linktriforce007
03-14-2011, 04:20 AM
Cause I really don't wanna get bulletstorm.. =/

M 0 R T I K I A
03-14-2011, 04:38 AM
I am going to assume no, because the public beta starts on the 25th, and you have to play the beta on or before the 24th to unlock it.

Riphade 1
03-14-2011, 05:55 AM
Probably not. And in all fairness. People who bought BulletStorm SHOULD get a few extra unlockables no one else can get without it. It's only fair. First they promised that people who bought BS would have a good amount of extra time for the beta. (A week isn't really anything) We were also told we'd get bonuses, and JUST the Flaming Hammerburst kinda blows.

Besides. Why wouldn't you wanna get BulletStorm? It's a great game.

linktriforce007
03-14-2011, 07:18 AM
Probably not. And in all fairness. People who bought BulletStorm SHOULD get a few extra unlockables no one else can get without it. It's only fair. First they promised that people who bought BS would have a good amount of extra time for the beta. (A week isn't really anything) We were also told we'd get bonuses, and JUST the Flaming Hammerburst kinda blows.

Besides. Why wouldn't you wanna get BulletStorm? It's a great game.

Hm. I've heard the game is horrible..

MASS DOMINATION
03-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Hm. I've heard the game is horrible..

from who? it has a low 80 on metacritic which is pretty good. Is it worth $60? It's hard to say. but with an extra week of gears 3 and a flaming hammerburst, for me I think its well worth the money.

linktriforce007
03-14-2011, 07:49 AM
from who? it has a low 80 on metacritic which is pretty good. Is it worth $60? It's hard to say. but with an extra week of gears 3 and a flaming hammerburst, for me I think its well worth the money.

I heard that it was just for competition on the leaderboards on sites of which I can't recall.

Volzagia
03-14-2011, 07:59 AM
Does anybody know if you keep the flaming hammerburst for the full game or just for the beta?

Riphade 1
03-14-2011, 08:19 AM
The game is AMAZING. I'd give it an 8.5. One of the most different and fun games in a WHILE. Its not just for leaderboard competion. There's a ton of fun to be had solo and with friends.

Yes Volzagia. After you unlock ANY of the weapons, and Cole in the beta, you can use them in the full game. I'm not sure if its saved online or through a game save. But I would say everyone should hold onto your beta gamesaves. If they have them that is.

MASS DOMINATION
03-14-2011, 11:24 AM
I heard that it was just for competition on the leaderboards on sites of which I can't recall.

Yes but that doesn't mean you can't play each one and have fun with it. im just going through each one and trying to get 3 stars on each. I'm enjoying it way more than the campaign.

M 0 R T I K I A
03-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Does anybody know if you keep the flaming hammerburst for the full game or just for the beta?

You keep it in the full game if your play the beta on or before the 24th.

neok182
03-14-2011, 04:47 PM
sorry but that's the exclusive weapon. originally it was suppose to be more so be glad it's only one.

And to the other question. as long as you play one match during that time you unlock it for the beta and the full game.

HorsemanOfWar16
03-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Bullestorm kicked ass - I loved it - done almost everything - just anarchy and lvl 65 !!! - After hours of play time - i still find it very satisfying to kick some one into a giant spike lol / Or shoot them in the nuts and boot there heads off!!
People defiantly deserve a few extra goodies after buying Epic edition.
APRIL 18TH CANT COME SOON ENOUGH!! :)

Agent JFG
03-15-2011, 07:13 PM
If you absolutely do not wish to buy Bulletstorm, and since it only takes one game to unlock the hammerburst, I think your best bet would be to find a friend who has the game and play one game on their xbox or ask them to play one for you. I'm not recommending that you share your account info over xbox live, but if its someone you trust you could call them and have them recover your accout and play a match for you. I'm doing that for a friend of mine who won't be around while the beta is going on.

Aqua18
03-21-2011, 04:22 AM
Who care's hammerburst sucks anyway I just want all the others I still never used my gold hammerburst code from Gears of War 2 because I never use that gun lol! Flaming Lancer, the two shotguns, and that other gun sound way better to me anyway $60 for a hammerburst I would never use not happening bulletstorm = BS...bull shit! ;)

MR. RAiDER 702
03-21-2011, 06:52 AM
Who care's hammerburst sucks anyway

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m469/Itsagay2/Speechless-harry-potter-vs-twilight-11407441-492-454.jpg

JDMBO1
03-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Bulletstorm is actually a pretty descent game, kicking someone I will admit is fun. Still there is a lackluster to this game, and that is once you've done everything this game loses its replay value, where as, playing with friends seems to be the only redemption this game has, not to mention it gave a cheesy way of making a squeal, and no that is not even a joke. I'd say the "Echos" are what really give this game its replay value, because if you’re competitive it does give you that challenge, single player is seemingly like playing one huge echo though. There are a few parts where in the single player, I'll admit there were some funny one liners. As for weapons they're actually another good draw for this game as well, and the leash itself is a killing tool. Now for multiplayer this is where it loses points by far, I mean the thing is it's a matter of "ranked vs. private" and the winner is more then likely private matches. The multiplayer consists of a 4 player co-op hoard based multiplayer, all the gore in echos and single player are carried over to the multiplayer, but the general idea of multiplayer is that you’re best as working in a team. This alone is where the ranked matches lose entirely, I personally think the ranked multiplayer is filled with people who either troll or just don't know how to play. As for the multiplayers hoard system it works similarly to the Gears hoard, where enemies come in waves, and the enemies does vary every wave, but then it becomes a pattern with every often a change comes along, it's not bad but it is a consistent trend in the multiplayer. The multiplayer goes up to 20 waves, and every wave you must also attain a score to move to the next wave, a part of that whole "kill with skill". This game is something you play in private matches with your friends, where communication is undoubtedly best held. The ranking system is fun in general. The highest ranking is 65 and this can take a little over no more then at least 2 weeks. One of the bigger draws I think is the character customizations, as you rank up in the system you can unlock new "gear" for your character in the multiplayer; some of these customizations are rather neat. If I were to recommend Bulletstorm to anyone I'd say buying it used is best.

If I'm not mistaken though I was aware that the Gears 3 MP Public Beta was available to those who reserve Gears 3. I do think there might be a possiblity that the Collectors and Epic edition might include some of the exclusives from the MP beta in those. I do think they went crazy with the flaming weapons though...

HorsemanOfWar16
03-21-2011, 08:43 AM
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
If I'm not mistaken though I was aware that the Gears 3 MP Public Beta was available to those who reserve Gears 3. I do think there might be a possiblity that the Collectors and Epic edition might include some of the exclusives from the MP beta in those. I do think they went crazy with the flaming weapons though...

No the flaming weapons are awesome! - It's just like the gold guns were for gears 2, now its just flames on the gun! -
Once people see it eventually they will be like " man how did you get that ?!" - guarantee.

JDMBO1
03-21-2011, 08:55 AM
No the flaming weapons are awesome! - It's just like the gold guns were for gears 2, now its just flames on the gun! -
Once people see it eventually they will be like " man how did you get that ?!" - guarantee.
Well I do hope you realize that I did not say that the flaming weapons were bad. In many ways these guns blazing, pun intend don't care how corny it is, is seemingly similar to the exclusivity of having a Flaming Helmet in Halo: Reach, but that blew over. Now the exclusivity of one of these flaming weapons depend on if they don't give flaming weapons in the Collectors an Epic, or maybe one or two. Exclusivity is only amazing an self rewarding when you know that anyone that wasn't in the beta didn't get any, but that's only a self centered thought.

HorsemanOfWar16
03-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Fair enough m8.
Reminding me of Reach Flaming Helmet - That actually sucked - because you were an easy target. :( lol

AceMcCloud
03-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Fair enough m8.
Reminding me of Reach Flaming Helmet - That actually sucked - because you were an easy target. :( lol

That's why you only use it in Campaign and Firefight. Still, same can be said for any of the other helmet affects.

I would say see if a friend will let you play Bulletstorm on THEIR Xbox, don't just borrow the game.

Reason being is the online pass is tied to it, still since any DLC is licensed to the gamertag AND the first Xbox they download it to, you should be able to get online if you play the Gears Beta from the Bulletstorm disc on their xbox using your account (stick yours on a USB stick for mobility, less trouble then restoring).

I was on the fence over Bulletstorm for a while, but eventually gave in.. it's not bad, but it's not all that it could be... proper Co-Op, even just 2 players could have made a BIG difference.

FrostyDon Mega
04-22-2011, 07:40 PM
I bought Bullet Storm soley for the purpose of being able to play the Beta, so any additional exclusive content is bonus for me. I was not impress with the game and I think I am close to beating it but I do not really care. lol We all buy crappy games from time to time so it is really not a big deal.

guillermo316
04-22-2011, 08:32 PM
No Cliff said it many times virtual things that are nothing, people care about them. Your asking if there is another way to get it, i say no but probably when the game is 2 years old they will probably sell it. I think Epic will keep it exclusive until months before gears of war 4.

Deadly Moves
04-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Doesnt it say in the beta(in the actual game) to unlock the flaming hammerburst play a match in week 4 of the beta?

LoKuS773
04-22-2011, 08:45 PM
I am not sure that the flaming weapons will carry over. Because everything that carries over (gold retro, cole train) actually say "unlock in retail" where as the flaming weapons do not.

xhunterrrr
04-22-2011, 09:59 PM
I am not sure that the flaming weapons will carry over. Because everything that carries over (gold retro, cole train) actually say "unlock in retail" where as the flaming weapons do not.

Flaming weapons will carry over.

Also, week 4 is the gnasher. It is a typo.

ConfusedGeek
04-23-2011, 12:23 AM
No Cliff said it many times virtual things that are nothing, people care about them. Your asking if there is another way to get it, i say no but probably when the game is 2 years old they will probably sell it. I think Epic will keep it exclusive until months before gears of war 4.

there wont be a gow4, this is the final of the trilogy.

of course, they may revisit the characters. meaning when their other games fail, they will come out with game in the gow universe with fenix jr (anya and fenix son).

and i agree, they will eventually sell the skin for all the guns, not just for the BBEE skin.

Merciful Fate
04-23-2011, 12:40 AM
What you could do, which is what I'm doing, buy BS from Gamestop (or whatever store there is). You have a week to give back with full money back. So play until the 25th on the BS, trade it back with full money, and preorder Gears 3. Dun dun dun. And I played BS at a friend's house, tis fun but seems it'll get extremely boring after all is said and done.

Deadly Moves
04-23-2011, 12:43 AM
Flaming weapons will carry over.

Also, week 4 is the gnasher. It is a typo.
So its a typo within the beta its self?

JDMBO1
04-23-2011, 01:03 AM
So its a typo within the beta its self?
Either that or the Flaming Gnasher is the Epic owners special flaming weapon:p

Still it is a typo no matter how you look at it and the evidence is quiet clear that they messed up

xhunterrrr
04-23-2011, 03:34 PM
there wont be a gow4, this is the final of the trilogy.

of course, they may revisit the characters. meaning when their other games fail, they will come out with game in the gow universe with fenix jr (anya and fenix son).

and i agree, they will eventually sell the skin for all the guns, not just for the BBEE skin.

I don't think they will sell the skins. They never sold the golden Lancer and Hammerburst for Gears 2.

Pearson
04-23-2011, 05:13 PM
I'll admit that at first I only bought Bulletstorm for the beta only, but after I started playing it, I found it was very enjoyable to play. Now I'm going through the chapters to try to get three stars in each one.

On Topic: I can't remember where I heard it from, but I thought Cliffy said that the flaming hammerburst will be made available in one of the Collector's Editions? I could be wrong though.

Lord Montymort
04-23-2011, 10:16 PM
I'll admit that at first I only bought Bulletstorm for the beta only, but after I started playing it, I found it was very enjoyable to play. Now I'm going through the chapters to try to get three stars in each one.

On Topic: I can't remember where I heard it from, but I thought Cliffy said that the flaming hammerburst will be made available in one of the Collector's Editions? I could be wrong though.

No, they haven't even announced that the game will come with the Collectors Editions, never mind anything else.

Also they said that the Flaming Weapons, Cole Train and the Gold Retro Lancer will only be available through the Beta, and that only people who play in the "Bulletstorm Epic Edition" week will get the Flaming Hammerbust.
Obviously things may chance between now and E3, when the content for the two collectors editions will supposedly be announced and they may be added to them. Until then just accept the fact that you chose not to buy the Bulletstorm Epic Edition, and because of that you missed out on an exclusive weapon skin, and that we did chose to buy it and got rewarded for it.

ademlakey
04-25-2011, 11:50 PM
The flaming hammerburst is only avaliable for people who have bulletstorm:EE.

The flaming lancer, sawn-off and gnasher are avaliable for for everyone who participates within the 3 weeks commencing the 25th of april.

HalfEVILmonkey
04-26-2011, 12:36 AM
I wish there were more unlockables for Bulletstorm owners. As an aside, I have really enjoyed the game (Bulletstorm).

MediumMelanin
04-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Damn, that typo on Epic Games' side got my hopes up for no reason, and they still haven't fixed the unlockable description for week 4. >.>

Behemoth251
05-02-2011, 05:24 PM
That would be cool

NonXiztence
05-08-2011, 03:05 AM
I recovered my gt on my cousins 360, played a match got the flaming hammerburst. Got the beta a week later, and it worked. Never played BS a day in my life. Might pick it up one day though, looks pretty good.

UnholyShinigami
05-10-2011, 01:47 PM
So today i started the Beta just to unlock the FLAME GNASHER, but after i completed a match and went to the unlock section i were surprised.. It said Hammerburst instead of Gnasher... I started another match with the Gnasher equipped just to check if it was a mix-up but after completing a couple of matches i still dont got it :/ anyone else experienced this?

Lord Montymort
05-10-2011, 01:53 PM
So today i started the Beta just to unlock the FLAME GNASHER, but after i completed a match and went to the unlock section i were surprised.. It said Hammerburst instead of Gnasher... I started another match with the Gnasher equipped just to check if it was a mix-up but after completing a couple of matches i still dont got it :/ anyone else experienced this?

I says that to everyone because of a mix-up by EPIC, but you actually do get the Gnasher. You need to go into your multiplayer settings, highlight Gnasher, press Y and select Flame Gnasher.

UnholyShinigami
05-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Lord Montymort to the rescue once again :bow:

I totally forgot about the multiplayer settings thing :biglaugh
thanks for the quick reply, and just for info, yeah i got it :D

T00BSAWK
05-16-2011, 08:28 AM
I doubt there's going to be another way to get the Flaming Hammerburst seeing as it was a Bulletstorm exclusive.

AngelOfDeathMG
05-24-2011, 05:48 AM
Just so everyone knows, there is another gears title of some sort lined up.
"Gears of War: Exile"
Patented named and everything that entails.
They said it was the end of the TRILOGY, and this war.
Very well might be getting a pendulum wars game, and they expressed interest in what Halo Wars did.

JDMBO1
05-24-2011, 05:58 AM
Just so everyone knows, there is another gears title of some sort lined up.
"Gears of War: Exile"
Patented named and everything that entails.
They said it was the end of the TRILOGY, and this war.
Very well might be getting a pendulum wars game, and they expressed interest in what Halo Wars did.

hows that have anything to do with the Flaming Hammerburst?