PDA

View Full Version : Beta Unlockables Exploit?

Riphade 1
03-14-2011, 06:07 AM
Okay guys. So most, if not all of you, have played Gears 2 and you should know by now that you can get a decent amount of achievements in bot matches. Now, from what I can see in this video, is that the Beta has a Private Match mode. So my general thought is. Do you guys think you can unlock the Golden Retro Lancer and Thrashball Cole by JUST playing Private Matches? I mean, it sounds plausible right? Especially since you can see the guy pick Marcus WITH the Golden Retro Lancer.

If you look on the Gears of War website, it says NOTHING about HAVING to be online or Ranked. What do you guys think?

(Side Note: I WILL be playing this for fun online. It's just a general thought for the community.)

Video:
YouTube - Gears of War 3 Multiplayer Beta - Brazil Exclusive

Agent JFG
03-14-2011, 08:26 AM
I would wait and see. This could very well be the demo used for press events. The beta the public will download may not have private matches. And I would bet even if it did that you would need to play ranked in order to unlock stuff.

Riphade 1
03-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Trust me. I had those thoughts as well. But it doesn't hurt to think outside the box. If this actually works, it might be good to have. Especially if the beta is laggy.

neok182
03-14-2011, 04:49 PM
according to epic games the beta will not have any private match options. Online will be the only way to play. Reason for this is because the entire point of the beta is to test out their dedicated servers on a large scale. If they allow private matches then not everyone will play online.

most likely these demo units have a different version of the beta than were going to get.

skatermike21988
03-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Is it just me or do that bots still look like they act as retarded as they do in Gears 2?

Riphade 1
03-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Is it just me or do that bots still look like they act as retarded as they do in Gears 2?

They DEFINITELY still do. I just hope the bots online aren't super strong... AGAIN!

HorsemanOfWar16
03-15-2011, 05:15 PM
They DEFINITELY still do. I just hope the bots online aren't super strong... AGAIN!

Sometimes they could one shot you - then other times they can be so fucking retarded it pains me to watch them lol

Riphade 1
03-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Sometimes they could one shot you - then other times they can be so fucking retarded it pains me to watch them lol
Hahaha! Exactly.

Gackt
03-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Trust me. I had those thoughts as well. But it doesn't hurt to think outside the box. If this actually works, it might be good to have. Especially if the beta is laggy.

Beta will be on dedicated servers...so lag will not apply. Also like mentioned above there will be no private match option in the beta.

foamy10
03-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Holy shit Looking AMAZING!!!!!! :D
and I would assume that you could private match things

Pixo
04-01-2011, 12:20 AM
There are no private matches in the beta. Rod said so on his Twitter today.