Signing up with Gamefly

xfrancox

So I am seriously considering signing up with Gamefly, what sort of things can I expect? For example, hows the shipping, do they always have what you want, games work properly, strict with the games (fees, charging you for games, etc), anything like that. Any info would be awesome. Im in Florida by the way, if that has anything to do with shipping.

I thought you were broke and couldn't buy new games, eh? ;)

Anyways, I'm from Canada so I wouldn't know much about Gamefly. All I know is that my dad said these places are making so much money of you, it isn't even funny. When you find a fun game you want to play, you keep it and as the days and months amount, the more your paying for the game. He said its cheaper to rent, then buy the game that you want.

I've heard mixed reviews for them, But I can tell you about my own experience with them.

My first game came in 3 days after I set up with them.

When I mailed it back to them, it took 4 days. It then took them another 5 days to get the 2nd game to me.

When I mailed out the 2nd game, it took 3 days to get to them. It's now been 9 calendar days since they shipped it, but I still haven't received it. And I can't declare it missing until 10 business days. By that time half the month has gone by and still have nothing to show for this months fee:mad:

Good News, I got an offer for a credit card online and I signed up for it. They gave me my number to use while Im waiting for the card, so I bought Oblivion, aaaaand Im thinking about Gamefly. Then Ill pay for these purchases with my financial aid check come april 20th. Its a wonderful thing. And no, Im not going to run myself into debt like some of the older members here probably think, Im going to use it to my advantage and build my credit.

Thanks for everyones input so far, I definitely have to think about it.

I'm in Florida as well and I also have GameFly. I've been a member for a year with no problems. In the year only two games have went "missing" after I sent them back. After the 7 business day period and they still didn't recieve the game I notified them through their website and they shipped out my other game ASAP.

When it comes to shipping don't expect 2-3 days expect more like 4-5 days and sometimes longer if your game is coming or going on a holiday or runs over on a Sunday. The reason why I'm with GameFly for a year still even with the 4-5 shipping days in Florida is because I've tried 3 other services and none have the quanity of games like GameFly and even some that are closer seem to take longer than GameFly. Just be aware that games coming to you arrive faster than they do going back to GameFly. (For me any way)

Good choice. I think you'll be happy with it. I know I've been happy for a year.

Just be aware that games coming to you arrive faster than they do going back to GameFly. (For me any way)

I'm in NYC, Gamefly's in Cali. For me its the other way around. They receive my games faster than they can get there games to me. I wish they had other mailing options. No way to track the games going in either direction. Just gotta pray for the best, I guess.

Anyways, I'm from Canada so I wouldn't know much about Gamefly. All I know is that my dad said these places are making so much money of you, it isn't even funny. When you find a fun game you want to play, you keep it and as the days and months amount, the more your paying for the game. He said its cheaper to rent, then buy the game that you want.

I'm from canada too and there is a rental service similar to gamefly go to gameaccess.ca for more details. Your dad doesn't know what he's talking about it's like $9 plus tax to get a game at rogers video and $10 at block buster if you rent a game a week at block buster thats 40 bucks it's only like $20 for 2 games out at a time and you can keep it for as long as you want.

I'm from canada too and there is a rental service similar to gamefly go to gameaccess.ca for more details. Your dad doesn't know what he's talking about it's like $9 plus tax to get a game at rogers video and $10 at block buster if you rent a game a week at block buster thats 40 bucks it's only like $20 for 2 games out at a time and you can keep it for as long as you want.

Yeah, theres this local video store that rents 360 games for $4.95 for one, and $7 for two. Its great also because I know the owners, so sometimes I can get brand new games that they get first. I don't rent games very often either, my friends usually buy them anyways, so I go over to there house to check them out anyways. The only games i've rented so far is Full Auto.

For Game Access, I was going to sign up for it (asking my dad for money), but since he's an accountant and does number things in his head really fast, he said just to buy the games. But he did mention if I had enough money per month to sign up for it and pay him back, I could do it. Time to look for a way to get my friends to pay me.

im in NY and gameznflix was a much better option for me. cheaper, more games at a time, faster shipping. I had both of them at the same time and it wasnt even close. also had a shipping problem with GF and no problems with GnF so far.

Thanks for the heads up... gonna check it out:D

Out of curiosity - how long have you been with gameznflix?

Has anyone here ever told gamefly a game was missing but never shipped it? Just wondering if that would work, lol.. Not that I would do that, since I work for a video rental store, and it pisses me off more than anything that people do that (someone came in and rented Elder Scrolls the day it came out, and its now over a week late.. :mad: )

Yeah, theres this local video store that rents 360 games for $4.95 for one, and $7 for two. Its great also because I know the owners, so sometimes I can get brand new games that they get first. I don't rent games very often either, my friends usually buy them anyways, so I go over to there house to check them out anyways. The only games i've rented so far is Full Auto.

For Game Access, I was going to sign up for it (asking my dad for money), but since he's an accountant and does number things in his head really fast, he said just to buy the games. But he did mention if I had enough money per month to sign up for it and pay him back, I could do it. Time to look for a way to get my friends to pay me.

If you get games for 4.95 then no don't get game access but if you don't have secret connections lol then i suggest gameaccess.

Has anyone here ever told gamefly a game was missing but never shipped it? Just wondering if that would work, lol.. Not that I would do that, since I work for a video rental store, and it pisses me off more than anything that people do that (someone came in and rented Elder Scrolls the day it came out, and its now over a week late.. :mad: )
Lol i have the same question i might want to keep elder scrolls or something. Lol when i'm old enough to work at a video rental store i will you get like 60% off of game rentals that crazy.

If you get games for 4.95 then no don't get game access but if you don't have secret connections lol then i suggest gameaccess.

Yeah, and I have a job at Sun Peaks (local ski hill, really nice) as a ski instructor. Not a very busy time of year right now, but during Christmas, New Years, Presidents Week, and Spring Break, I can rake in about $2500. I didn't this year though because I took a year off to just have fun free skiing with my friends.

Now I believe my bank account statement says theres $9.73 in my account. I'd better start making that website for my dads office today so that I can make close to $750.