PDA

View Full Version : Netflix

CypherDextrous
03-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Just wandering if anybody here has heard/read any news about a kinect/netflix update that would allow you to use kinect to browse netflix. Will it ever happen or am I just pipe dreaming?

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-24-2011, 07:03 PM
I heard something about that too, but dunno if it will materialise

Johnnyboy
03-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Heard a rumour about this in Canada, and also sure that I read something about it on the Netflix Website...

Chipsonfire
03-30-2011, 02:21 AM
This would be really nice. There are depressingly few things on the dashboard usable with a Kinect that I actually use on a regular basis. Right now I really only use my Kinect to play games and I'd like to do more.

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-30-2011, 05:39 AM
Caught the last remnants of a gadget show yesterday and it was mentioning something about Kinect and the XBOX camera and something that you can intergrate with Kinect. It looked really good, but like I said, I only caught the last few minutes so don't know what it was demonstrating or talking about...

KittensOfDoom42
04-03-2011, 12:06 AM
I saw a video a few weeks ago on the dashboard that showed the guy using the kinect with netflix, so I highly doubt they'd show something that's working and then shelve it. I see that it's working with Last FM, that's at least something? haha

CJHacker00
04-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I think this would help expand the usefulness of the Kinect. They're just aren't enough features that allow it to be used yet. I'd really like to see this Netflix support, and just the My Video's option as well. I watch a lot of movies off my network drive, and having the ability to use the voice commands or scroll with my hands would sure be nice.

Snowwwwy
04-05-2011, 01:10 AM
Ive never seen it or anything but Ive heard of it. Haha I think it'd be pretty cool tho.

StillTIPPIN187
04-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Its coming in the New Dash Update along with Hulu and Avatar Party Chat

Not sure if its in the Dash Beta yet as i haven't got my Disc yet.