PDA

View Full Version : airstrike drums-- never again, never never never again

halfiepint
03-15-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm so glad I finally got that one achievement that requires airstrike drums.

It took me four tries, playing on RECRUIT because those drums are such a royal pain in the @$$.

I hated every second of it. Those drums are completely UNfun. They don't register hits, or they hit the wrong one, etc.

I'm not sure it was even worth the lousy 20 point achievement but I'm glad I got it so I can sell the fake drums, pronto.

halfiepint
03-15-2011, 07:45 PM
anyway, here are a couple of tips: Hold the drumstick with your thumb in the thumb rest.

There's a tiny IR window on the end of the stick that has to be in line with the tiny IR window on the individual pad. You can't just hold the stick any old way, like you would a real drumstick. It has to line up just right.

it really sucks sucks sucks!

lordthrash
03-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the tip. I need this one and my drums will be returned soon. Just 3 left to the 100%.

MachineAres
04-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Where the hell do you even get the drums? I've searched all over the vast internets and can't find even one for sale. Does anyone on here still need to sell theirs? This is ridiculous.

halfiepint
04-17-2011, 02:55 AM
the drums aren't sold separately, you have to buy the band bundle, your best bet would be a used one on amazon.

I actually sold my drums on ebay, try there, but more than likely you'll have to buy the bundle.

Murgatroyd7
04-21-2011, 10:57 AM
The band bundle was selling for $40 at BigLots the other week, but the deal is probably over by now.

HamKet
05-12-2011, 04:36 AM
It would appear that you can buy the drums from the official PowerGig webstore. The catch is that they're $100: http://store.powergig.com/products/airstrike-drums

You're better off trying to track down a band bundle at Big Lots, and hope its still $40.

SFAL
07-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Used on eBay the band bundle was $70. Considering the guitar bundle is $35 used, that's $35 for the drums. I didn't see them anywhere less expensive, maybe try craigslist or a trade with somebody.

squodge
07-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm in the UK, and I imported the band kit from EBGames.com for US$100, including shipping costs. Quite cheap in sterling, about 70. The guitar is tiny, the AirStrike is horrible to play on. In fact, only the vocals is anything resembling a music game.