PDA

View Full Version : What is the Hardest Difficulty Comparable to?

XxHamRxX
03-15-2011, 08:05 AM
We all knew this thread was coming, so I thought I would get it out there.

Those who have already played it, is it WaW Vet utter BS insta-death, MW2 walk in the park, Reach kinda tough but not too bad, etc?
And also, any particular parts that are just really hard, like THAT corridor in BOps or Heart of the Reich in WaW, and tips to get through them?

Doesel
03-15-2011, 08:16 AM
I find it very hard, cause it's like WAW on Veteran. No grenade spam, but if you've got hit 2-3 times you're dead.

MoB Civis
03-15-2011, 08:54 AM
its rly easy :)

like cod mw2 veteran :)

jamie1000013
03-15-2011, 10:02 AM
I find it very hard, cause it's like WAW on Veteran. No grenade spam, but if you've got hit 2-3 times you're dead.

its rly easy :)

like cod mw2 veteran :)

I'm glad we cleared up the difficulty situation...lol.

I think it will differ on the user even if they have played other FPS's and have the same opinion on them. I don't think it will be that hard TBH.

Tlh05
03-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Not too hard, but you do seem to drop faster then cod's veteran difficulty. Hardly as much grenade spam as cods, but they seem to also do more damage lol. Just finish guerrilla and just came to post. :)

XTC Headhunt3r
03-15-2011, 08:01 PM
as every game tends to be, im sure its person to person, a know a few games i could boss through that others cant and vice versa

turkeyfly
03-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Shouldn't be too hard. Health regens pretty fast. Plus AI is helpful

InkedUp
03-16-2011, 04:12 PM
On the hardest setting I'd say its about the same or possibly easier than MW2. It took me around 7.5-8 hours to beat, and I got stuck on a couple of points. Great game, now just need them to fix the servers so I can play some MP.

Audio Radar
03-16-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm at the fifth mission and I would quote this:

On the hardest setting I'd say its about the same or possibly easier than MW2. It took me around 7.5-8 hours to beat, and I got stuck on a couple of points.

But it's not a great game ;)

And hey: Reach Legendary single player was not too bad? I must have missed something.

rockhopper
03-16-2011, 05:01 PM
I just beat normal and I don't know what you guys are talking about, I was spammed with grenades all over the place. I even thought to myself a couple of times, this is just as bad as COD: Grenades at War. And yes you die really fast. Even on normal when I got hit just a couple times, my screen would go dark and I would need to take cover. Or maybe I just underestimated the game and didn't try as hard.

TheToiletBrush
03-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Does it have infinite respawning enemies? I f*cking hate that sh*t.

HairyLambchops7
03-16-2011, 05:07 PM
It took me 5 1/2 hours on guerrilla. Not that hard.

rockhopper
03-16-2011, 05:17 PM

I could be wrong but I believe it does have infinite spawning enemies in occasional parts. They're very noticeable and your AI teammates will tell you to move up or something, also you will need to do specific objectives at times and enemies keep coming until you complete them.

TheLegendOf1977
03-16-2011, 05:20 PM

I'm not really sure, sometimes it seemed that way for me but i know of a lot of points in the game where i cleared out a courtyard/room and i could move on.
I don't think they would put both infinity spawning and clearing areas in the same game, so i'd say no infinite spawning.

Audio Radar
03-16-2011, 05:22 PM

Yep, I suppose they were respawning at least in the [SPOILER] sequence, where they come from the building to the upper metallic walkway.

IRAQI SWAT
03-16-2011, 05:39 PM
I will start on hardest difficulty then.

Born Apophis
03-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Easier than COD in Veteran - just cover, take your time and get headshots.

Nevander
03-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Similar to WaW in terms of gameplay/general difficulty.

They do throw grenades but not very often.

They take less time to explode so if you see one, haul ass the other direction.

Be careful throwing your own, I've killed myself a few times.

About 3-4 shots and you're dead, sometimes I took like 6 and survived somehow.

Rocket guys will piss you off. One rocket/grenade kills you.

Stick to the big guns, but not the M249 because it's terrible. Pretty much all assault rifles do the trick.

Prone is your friend, I kept forgetting to prone (so used to battlefield not having it).

That's my tips/opinion. :p

FYI: There is at least one place with infinite spawns. I'll make this spoiler-free: When you're going to the helicopter there are tons of boxes left and right, the enemies here are infinite. You can slim them down though, as there are more than usual when you first arrive. I just slimmed them down, then threw nades and ran from cover to cover.

Audio Radar
03-17-2011, 01:20 AM
FYI: There is at least one place with infinite spawns. I'll make this spoiler-free: When you're going to the helicopter there are tons of boxes left and right, the enemies here are infinite. You can slim them down though, as there are more than usual when you first arrive. I just slimmed them down, then threw nades and ran from cover to cover.

That point is a real bitch. I made it going on the right side, hiding behind the trucks after killing all the people on the right side with the help of yellow barrels. Than I moved on, killed all people on the front left than run to the heli.

Numbthumb
03-17-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm on the second to last level - have no idea how to get past where I'm at...but I'm playing on the Hardest difficulty, Guerrilla.

There's definitely moments where you'll hit a wall - get one shorted from across fields, parking lots and warehouse.

The only thing that makes it really frustrating is some REALLY REALLY long checkpoints.

Nevander
03-17-2011, 03:03 AM
I'm on the second to last level - have no idea how to get past where I'm at...but I'm playing on the Hardest difficulty, Guerrilla.

There's definitely moments where you'll hit a wall - get one shorted from across fields, parking lots and warehouse.

The only thing that makes it really frustrating is some REALLY REALLY long checkpoints.

What part are you stuck at exactly? Try to describe it spoiler free though.

Just wait until you are working your way up the bridge at the end. There are like three groups of enemies, all of them the elite Korean soldiers, with no checkpoint in between. Longest segment ever.