PDA

View Full Version : What's your class/build?

Tyger7
03-16-2011, 04:42 AM
Class: Vanquisher
Pet: Any, but will use the first right away to turn it into a troll.
Weapon: Bow
Designate points: Mostly Dexterity and Defense. Some into Magic.
Main Tree: Marskman
Skills to Max: Ranged Weapons Expertise, Critical Strikes, Adventurer, Explosive Shot, and Armor Expertise (this skill is actually on the Rogue tree). The rest of your points can go into whatever you want.

Level 50
HP: 2374
MP: 277
Strength: 16
Dexterity: 170
Magic: 47
Defense: 115

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/seventj7/TygressLvl50.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/seventj7/TygressSkills.jpg

Here is just a demonstration video on how I play this character type. It's all based on AOE skill Explosive Shot and having the weapon drain mana/health. I also have a spell I found that can heal me or I use potions when about halfway down on my heath bar.

YouTube - Torchlight Vanquisher

Malkaiah
03-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Class: Vanquisher
Pet: Wolf
Weapon: Sparkling Epic Blunderbuss of the Ram
532 DPS
+20 Electric Damage
+17 Fire Damage
+30 Knockback
50 Health Stolen on Hit
61 Armor Degraded per Hit
+4 Damage
Designate points: Strength 44
Dexterity 86
Magic 7
Defence 105
Tree: Marskman/Rogue
Skills: Ranged Weapon Ex 10/10; Ricochet 5/10; Critical Strikes 1/10; Armor Expertise 10/10; Explosive Shot 9/10; Adventurer 10/10; Heal Self II; Heal All III (Pet Skill)

Level 29
HP: 1444
MP: 179
Strength: 44
Dexterity: 86
Magic: 7
Defense: 105

vaultboy167
03-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Class:Vanquisher

Build:Explosive shot and passive skills

Pet: Wolf
Pet Skills: Heal All VI, Haste VI

Weapon: Piercing Epic Mounted Bow of Flame
1428 DPS
+221 fire damage
+23 ice damage
15 mana stolen on hit
+20 knockback
+2 critical hit chance
71 health stolen on hit
4% faster attack
105 armor degraded per hit
Sockets 2/2
+22 fire damage
+24 damage

Tree: Mainly marksman

Skills: Max ranged weapon expertise, max critical strikes, max offensive spell mastery, max adventurer, max explosive shot, max block and parry, max armor expertise, max defensive spell mastery, max barter, max treasure hunter, 2/10 advanced spellcasting.
Spells: Haste VI, Heal Self VI, Dervish VI

Level 60
Fame:44
HP:4319
MP:325
STR:56
DEX:281
MAG:50
DEF:100

neverendr
03-19-2011, 09:50 AM
My guy is low level compared to yours, but this is what I'm running....

Level 23 warrior (can't remember the class name)
Dual wielding axes - 318 dps 30 mana drained, 32 Armor degraded, +25 fire damage, +115 health on right hand, 298 dps 28 health drained, 40 armor degraded, +50 mana, +80 health, faster attack speed boost.
(estimates but very close. I was playing this morning and studying my weapons when I found a new axe, ended up socketing it and using it in left hand)

For skills, I'm using adventurer and plan to max, armor expert, a couple points in aura of thorns (keeping it at 2-3), couple points in spectral echo, critical strikes, dual wield mastery, martial weapon mastery, couple in frost shield, 1 in block & parry that I think I'm taking out as my guy getting hit is good with thorns and I don't take much damage anyway, 1-2 in chain vortex for interrupts, 5 in doomquake and 5 in Titan stomp for aoe damage, probably switch to devastate later, wont know until I try.

I've done 3 str 2 defense most levels, though I reversed it at 15 for a bit more armor. Nothing into dex or magic.

I have around 3000 health and 250 mana, almost all of my armor has boosts to both, I have all gold stuff except gloves and boots.

I'm curious about what higher level warriors are using and any advice you guys may have on enchanting. I haven't bought any yet, just gotten free no fail ones from fountains, I run the dungeon portal scrolls quite a bit and it seems 50% of them have an enchantment fountain.

Btw, nice video of your archer, seems like they're more of a "wizard" than the alchemist, every video I've seen of them is an army of pets like a necromancer from diablo 2.

Edit: For spells, I have Heal All 3 and Haste 3 on my pet and Dervish 2, Drain Life 2, Haste 3 and Heal Self 3 on my warrior.

Also of note, all credit for this goes to my silly yet adorable & lovely wife:
My wife has made a habit lately of trying different games I'm playing. She used to only play platform games, her favorites being the Ratchet & Clank series, and that was about it. In the last two years or so she's gotten into rockband & guitar hero on hard / expert bass & vocals, the call of duty series, she loves the hell out of Bulletstorm and Splinter Cell Conviction co-op with me on realistic, lately she's been playing BFBC2 online as a team player, she doesn't snipe...she played nintendo and sega genesis back in the day, and a bit of PS1, but she never learned how to aim on FPS games, so she had this weird fear of failure thing about playing them I guess.
She recently went on a BlackOps binge online while I was away on business and managed to "adjust" my KDR from 1.85 to 0.78...I didn't get angry because she said she had a ton of fun playing it, but she saw the KDR when I looked at it and grimaced and she felt really bad about it, regardless of how many times I told her it made no difference. KDR vs happy wife that had a great time sitting home playing video games while I was gone for 5 days...no brainer IMO.

At any rate, she tried Torchlight after I assured her dying meant nothing, and found a fishing pond on a dungeon scroll I had her run (a 12-25 when I was lvl 22 just so she could learn the game without making a crap new character or just getting owned), and she asked if you could get anything good from fishing...I told her about the 20% xp boost for 5'minutes things and the set and gold boots I've found in the short time I've spent fishing. Now she sits happily and runs scrolls until she finds fishing ponds and spends an hour or so at each...I have like 300 of the xp boost items as well as 150 or so of the magic find ones...the xp boosts will probably go to the archer I make after retiringy warrior (if I decide to) along with a ton of 1-10 dungeon scrolls for a quicker way through the low levels. I just found it amusing and thought maybe someone might benefit from the fishing info :)

Cheers!

iHypno
03-28-2011, 07:54 PM
Class: Destroyer
Pet: Troll
Weapon: Dual Wield
Designate points: Strength and Defense
Main Tree: Mixed
Skills to Max: Adventurer, Barter, Devastate, Dual Wielding, Offensive Spell Mastery, Critical Strikes, Treasure Hunter, Frost Shield, Block and Parry, Defensive Spell Mastery, Shadow Armor, Armor Expertise, Aura of Thorns, Martial Weapons Expertise. 13 Skill Points left to spend ^^
Spells: Dervish VI 11/11, Haste VI 11/11, Elemental Protection 11/11, Elemental Overload 11/11.

Level 100
Fame 55

HP: 9181
MP: 665
Strength: 343
Dexterity: 46
Magic: 38
Defense: 319

Some Pics, Still hunting for my Epic Strangelove :'(

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll298/QualityV/DSC_0227.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll298/QualityV/DSC_0226.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll298/QualityV/Weaon.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll298/QualityV/DSC_0228.jpg

Autechron
03-29-2011, 02:06 AM
Any suggestions for alchemist builds?

J4ckyb0y1
03-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Rifle/Bow/Pistol Alchemist
Look for Rifles/Bows that are fast firing and add +range. %crit chance and knockback. Pistol + Shield is not a bad combo either.

Naked Level 52
HP: 2265
MP: 396
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 176
Magic: 12
Defense: 55

Geared Level 52
HP: 3853
MP: 440
Strength: 49
Dexterity: 226
Magic: 44
Defense: 100

30 stat points not used*

Core Skills
Ember Shield 10/10
Critical Strikes 10/10
Infuse 10/10 <-- This is the skill that makes Alch > Vanq for ranged play
Ranged Weapon Expertise 10/10
Block and Parry 10/10
Armor Expertise 10/10
Ember Phase 1/10

Optional skills
Dual Wielding 10/10 (if you can find/make some good pistols)

Spells
Summon Skeleton VI
Blood Skeletons
Heal Self VI

Pet Spells
Heal Self VI
Frost I (all you need this for is slowing/freezing, not damage)

J4ckyb0y1
03-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Link to a good Summoner Alchemist (http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8723) build. Though, without the Persistent Skeletons mod, this might be too much of a pain to play. I know I won't bother with a summoner on the console for this reason.

Ancient
08-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Hey can someone give me aa good warrior build and walkthrough pls im new and dont really understand, im level 9

neverendr
08-13-2011, 10:02 AM
You'll probably want to dual wield axes or swords, you'll have the str to wear high armor gear and you'll do a ton of damage.

For skill points, I went with 3 str 2 defense per level up until 20-ish, then started doing 2 str 2 def 1 dex or 1 magic, depending on your gear bonuses.

For skills, you'll need dual wield mastery, martial weapon mastery, adventurer, armor mastery, critical strikes, devastate, treasure hunter and block & parry, spectral echo, frost shield maxed for sure. You'll want some points, you could go 5 or 10, whichever you like as you try them, in offensive and defensive spell mastery to boost your power and duration on haste and Elemental protection (defensive) and dervish & elemental overload(offensive).

As you play, elemental overload will help you decimate bosses and elites once you have a pair of weapons with strong elemental effects, raising your magic stat also increases elemental damage and can actually add more damage per point than str, which is why I mentioned raising it some earlier. You can preview what your stat changes will do to your damage and armor, so check out different combos and see what works for you.

You can get a free potion of respec on every character you make which lets you reset your skills if you have someone send you a "gift", if you haven't gotten it yet post your tag and I'll send it to you.

If you have any questions you can reply here and I'll get an email notification on my phone so I'll know to look, I'd be happy to help as much as I can.

Ancient
08-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Add me Ancient v

PixelDaisies
03-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Class: Alchemist (Battle/Summoner)
Pet: Troll
Weapon: Staff
Designate points: Everything into magic, always (and wear equipment with high defence enchantments). A few walkthroughs I read suggest adding points to strength when needed for equipment. I HIGHLY advise against this. This stat has NO affect on Alchemists. If you have equipment that needs high strength, sell it, something better will come around.
Main Tree: Lore
Skills to Max: Ember Bolt, Nether Imp, Adventurer, Armour Expertise, Summon Alchemic Golem, Summon Beam Golem, and Pet Mastery.

I leveled up Ember Bolt, Nether Imp, and Adventurer, first. Armour Expertise was leveled up only when I had armour I couldn't wear due to low dexterity. The rest were maxed out in the order listed.

Level 44 Stats (without equipment)
HP: 1945
MP: 338
Strength: 6
Dexterity: 7
Magic: 225
Defence: 7

Kuromaru369
04-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Sorry for not including any of the specifics but I usually try to play a class as the most unusual type e.g. ranged or magic warrior, melee range etc I find that playing as a magic based warrior is fun when you use the guardian spells.